User Tag List

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Ways to save money

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    why is it cheaper to shop online? and what are some good sites?
    Walmart had their clearance items online a while back and some SCs got good deals. Some came with $0.97 shipping -- cheaper than gas or bus fare.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/274144-...r-more-canada/

Old Navy had some great online deals too. If you shopped through the AirMiles store you earned bonus AirMiles. Over $50 included free shipping.
    http://beta.forum.smartcanucks.ca/sh...d.php?t=195577
    frugal50 likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    frugal,
    Perhaps I am overly suspicious these days, but I think the person you responded to is a spammer...see the link in their signature? (don't click on it!)
    I think you are correct -but you can get some good deals online - just don't trust that poster
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

always do research on a big ticket item, look for sale and compare pricing on the internet
    and never pay retail
    avoid going to restaurants and theatres
    re-gift

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not sure if someone has already mentioned this.
    I always check the girls section for shoes first before heading to the women section. I went to the Waterloo Outlets during the week-end and noticed a nice pair of slippers $19.99 for my size.
    I went to the girls section and they had the same slippers for $12.99, just in different colours. My shoe size is 5-6, so I go for the max. size for the girls shoes and they fit perfectly.
    Same for clothes. I'm petite and wear xs and 5ft2, so I've been lucky to find some nice casual clothes and shoes that fit.

In addition, in Ontario you only pay 5% tax on children's clothing/footwear (up to 16yrs old) instead of 13% (for adults clothing/footwear)
    Last edited by Jina; Tue, May 22nd, 2012 at 01:52 PM.
    Insane and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Thinking about taking the bus somewhere? Greyhound offers reduced rates when you purchase your ticket online and even more if you get it in advance.
    Angela273 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    Another really great way to save money on deodorant is to get one of those deodorant crystals that they sell in health food stores. It's a natural product that you just wet and apply. They work by killing bacteria that cause odor. I find that they work really well and they last for a really long time!
    I used one of these way back in college and found it got a nasty smell within a week. Not sure what went wrong, but it was gross.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    I used one of these way back in college and found it got a nasty smell within a week. Not sure what went wrong, but it was gross.

The instructions state that you are to rinse after use and allow the stone to air dry.
    Is that what you did?
    abbasgirl and Angela273 like this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

not sure it is mentioned or not, but when you are done with a tube or bottle of cream or paste(toothpaste, body lotion, anything) cut open the tubes or bottle, there will be lot of residual creams or lotions inside attached to the inside of the tubes
    aemi and wolfwoman like this.

my trade list and wishlist, check it out, tons of tearpads
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/365260-...ensure-canada/

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Just a little moneysaver. When I receive mail that include envelopes to mail back things like subscription renewals, I keep the envelope and use it for things like coupon trains. Just glue a piece of paper (usually one side printed scrap paper from printing) add a stamp and off you go!

I also buy bulk cards at Value Village - usually about $2.99 per package and they inevitably have at least 2 usable cards - I file the cards under categories and it's amazing how often I find a suitable card when I'm in a pinch.
    Angela273 and coupon girl like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Besides doing most of the above-mentioned things, I save all my optimum points for buying Christmas presents when early december rolls around.

My husband and i also have scene debit cards which accumulate points with every transaction, giving us free movies passes a couple times per year.

Since we have a hobby farm and my hubby works at home hardwae, he'll make sure to make any large purchases (lumber fo instance) duing a bonus earoplan day
    Angela273 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well i save a lot of money. put my salary in banks. take out only what is required. never waste anything. that's my way of saving.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

For our garden and for landscaping, we buy perennial plants at the end of the store's garden season.
    For example, today we bought a 1 gallon pot of sedum for $3. It is in full bloom. Regular price is $11.99.
    In August, we bought a10 inch hanging basket for $1. Regular price was $7.99. The store listed it as an annual, but we know that it is a perennial geranium, that will be back next year.
    Angela273 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I was a teenager I spent lots of money on clothes and makeup. There are lots of fun things you can do with your friends to save money on stuff like that. Have a clothes swap-- you may hate that dress you wore 100 times but your friend will think its fresh and fun. You can also all get together and make fun beauty products like body scrubs. Homemade stuff always feels great, is cheaper than the store bought brands, and staying in keeps you from spending money on movies and dinner!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Glo_Majada View Post
    This might sound silly but it happends to people..

Completly undestanding your bank account.. when and what you charged for, in the month cycle.

Paying bills on time. Oh-man I can't stand paying late charges.

This is kind of a way to make money.. Every year I have 2 yard sales in the summer, and spring. The summer is a big 50 mile yardsale event. That money pays for my summer vacation. You would be surprised at the junk you have at home that people are wiling to pay for. I put clothing in a bag and mark the size and sell the whole garbage bag for $ 10. Last year I made $500 from the first yard-sale.
    Just an FYI - If you are usually good about paying your bills on time and only have the very occassional late payment don't be shy about asking your company if they can waive/reverse the late fee. I always pay bills on time but on the two occassions in mind that I didn't, I simply contacted the company, noted what a good customer I was, explained why I was late and requested that it be reversed. In both instances (credit card company) I was able to have the fee reversed.

Cheers,

Snip.
    Angela273 and nessa23 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nice tips, i will follow it step by step..Thanks for sharing!

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread Information