User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By chillys-willy
  • 3 Post By harbie
  • 2 Post By Totter

Thread: Won $300 worth of stuff on Quibid yesterday!

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I just started Quibids through a referal link from couponsrule on Smart Canucks two days ago. Really had fun and won $25 Walmart GC, $10 Walmart GC and $10 HomeDepot GC, and Garmin S1 Golf Watch (sold on amazon.ca for $209) Can't wait for them to arrive. My dad will love the watch for father's day.
    Quibids does have a learning curve but have won back alot more than my initial $67 for 100 bid lot. Watch out though, it is VERY addictive!
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Home Depot, Walmart
    Last edited by chillys-willy; Fri, May 25th, 2012 at 01:17 PM.
    harbie and couponsrule like this.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

good score but referral links are not allowed in the actual post.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Awesome job Chilly. I think I saw you bidding last night

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    good score but referral links are not allowed in the actual post.
    Thanks. Took it out.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Awesome job Chilly. I think I saw you bidding last night
    Yea! Do you go by the same name in Quibids? My kids watched me play and were mesmerized by it. They keep saying "Bid Mom, Bid. it is going to end. " LOL

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Congrats

Wish I understood quibids a bit more.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Im glad you were able to win... but I dont think thats the average results. I think those sites are scams. I mean, sure it "seems" like things are selling for cheap, but the bid is only increasing by $.01 per bid, but the actual bid costs over $.65

I was just looking at some of the recently ended auctions.....

A 46 Inch samsung TV.... sold for "$98.22" Looks like a good deal... till you take into consideration that it isnt $98.22 at all.... it sold for 9822 bids.... each bid costs $.65 so really the TV sold for $6384.30!!!!! Those sell in stores for well under $1000. Not such a good deal after all!!!
    Last edited by JennyFromTheRock; Sun, May 27th, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Im glad you were able to win... but I dont think thats the average results. I think those sites are scams. I mean, sure it "seems" like things are selling for cheap, but the bid is only increasing by $.01 per bid, but the actual bid costs over $.65

I was just looking at some of the recently ended auctions.....

A 46 Inch samsung TV.... sold for "$98.22" Looks like a good deal... till you take into consideration that it isnt $98.22 at all.... it sold for 9822 bids.... each bid costs $.65 so really the TV sold for $6384.30!!!!! Those sell in stores for well under $1000. Not such a good deal after all!!!
    Really that's how it works?! Why would anyone buy through that site -- makes no sense, to me at least. Have heard a little bit about Quibids before, but not the details. Definitely not for me.
    Earn money back when shopping on-line by going through the Ebates site. Use my referral link below.
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=p162PRHFagw%3D
    Earn SwagBucks -- get stuff free! Use my referral link below.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kristeven

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

The bids actually cost 60c and the point is ( at least from what I can gather) is to win the item with as few bids as possible. For example I won a $25 gc plus 20 bids for 9c in only 3 bids do for just about $5 ( 3bids@ 60c + 2.99 S&H and the 9c bid plus tax) I got a $25 gc us 20 more bids that I ended up using for another $25 gc for which I only bid 6 times( didn't cost me anything since they were the Free bids I won) and paid pennies for that gc too.

Sofar I have had really good luck with it. As for the tv I think (and don't quote me on this SS I am new to it) I believe you can use whatever amount you bid towards the "buy it now" option so at least the bids aren't just flushed away.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    But the winning bidder didn't put in all 9822 bids so it didn't cost them the $6384.30. Quibids made that much on the auction.
    harbie and floweredangel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chillys-willy View Post
    I just started Quibids through a referal link from couponsrule on Smart Canucks two days ago. Really had fun and won $25 Walmart GC, $10 Walmart GC and $10 HomeDepot GC, and Garmin S1 Golf Watch (sold on amazon.ca for $209) Can't wait for them to arrive. My dad will love the watch for father's day.
    Quibids does have a learning curve but have won back alot more than my initial $67 for 100 bid lot. Watch out though, it is VERY addictive!
    Congrats! I've been considering trying these (apparently my Uncle uses them and likes it)...but it's too much like gambling for me, but I am sure it would be awesome to get some good deals.
    Visit my Facebook page for updates on Swagbucks, PrizeZombie, GiftHulk and more: http://www.facebook.com/<wbr>MoneyMakersandSavers
    Join me at ClixSense and earn Paypal cash: http://www.clixsense.com/?4773591

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Totter View Post
    But the winning bidder didn't put in all 9822 bids so it didn't cost them the $6384.30. Quibids made that much on the auction.
    Yeah, I know what your saying.... but with that many people bidding on it, its not very likely to get it using just a few bids like they make it seem on the commercials. If you use and it and like it, thats great, I just wouldnt want a lot of people seeing things like that and thinking its a sure thing and wasting money. I got sucked into it one time last year and bought a bid pack ( only bought $40 worth ) but won nothing. I mean, everytime it gets to under 10 seconds, it seems like someone else bids everytime. The chances of getting something big using just a few bids is slim. Thats all Im saying. I think its GREAT that op won a bunch of things, anytime a person walks out with more than walking in with is perfect in my books. But I just dont want people thinking its easy money or easy prizes, cause Its really not
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Thread Information