User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How would you combine a graduation/birthday.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The text of Oh, The Places You'll Go

http://www.inspectorsuccess.com/public/190.cfm

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't have any ideas for the party. But I asked my daughter about the corsage issue. She asked a bunch of her friends and they all said that a wrist one is what they would like if a boy was giving them on. This was from a bunch of 16-17 year olds.
    Not All Disabilities Are Visible. Proud owner of a medical alert wonder pup. (formally a puppy mill pup that was rescued and assists a special needs child)

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so its been nearly a month. i've already printed off the invitations. they look amazing. we've found a place my husband knows the owner of very well and can get it for next to nothing. so were looking at paying for dinner for guests. im making cupcakes. upside down chocolate cakes with a chocolate covered graham cracker on it with a piece of black licorice that the end has been cut to look like a tassel. all stuck together with chocolate frosting. looks like a grad cap we also received my sons grad proofs back. OMG my baby looks so grown up and they expect us to choose 3 poses out of 10? come on. so we decided to order the best package and get the CD with it
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Sounds wonderful
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

a little update.. took me awhile to find this.. the invites are now out and now were waiting for reponses back. were working on decorations for the tables. were going with black/burgandy and silver as the colors. were doing circulor mirrors in the middle of tables with a graduation cup that has been 'blinged out' in the middle with a tea light in it. im making the tablecloths and runners for all the dessert table/picture tables.
    were going to have to visit a speciality party place for more specific decorations for hanging as the dollarstores won't be carrying them.
    now were stuck on a dilemma. hubby wants to make sure that after dinner and the picture slide show nobody gets bored and wants to go home. so he's come up with an idea.. what do you all think.. he wants to play name that tune/tv show.. and have prizes to hand out. later on in the evening we will be having some music for dancing it up however we have about 1.5hour to keep everyone entertained.
    good idea?? (considering he wanted to have everyone do a craft.. um they are dressed up, no one wants to be gluing or painting in their best). this was his next idea.. anyone else have any suggestions.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

How about autograph ..... books.....posters..... How about baby/youngster pictures of teachers -maybe they'll cooperate - the kids have to guess who's who.

I like the idea of "name that tune"

How about a Jeopardy kind of contest with trivia about the last 4 years at school?
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

those are great ideas Avon...however this is just family. my family and his plus our son and some of the neighbors. no other kids.. hence why we need to keep the two sides 'entertained'.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so im stuck again. I need some ideas for little prizes for the bingo game were having. I've found lots for the ladies, however im kinda stuck for ideas for guys. without getting too personal or technical. what do you all think, any ideas. were talking appr. 50+ years and up for the guys.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

How about razors? There's some coups right now for Gillette disposables - packaged by 3 - maybe one each? How about single packages of instant coffee? How about ...... sheesh - this IS hard! How about lottery tickets? How about a "buy one get one free Dairy Queen Blizzard Coupon?" How about little bags of jujubes or jellybeans? ( I apologize for the Lame ideas!)
    Natalka likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

hey they all help. we were thinking.. scratch cards, timmies cards, CT GC's, i even found a few deals at Zellers yesterday including a car battery booster for $2.50! regular like $20. might go back next week on the last day to see whatelse I can find.
    OH and a good side note.. the cards are finally rolling in. now that we have our 'minimum' required to continue planning will just wait and see how many more come in in the next 2 weeks. i still can't believe its a month away..
    best part.. a month left.. and I've already lost 2lbs.. thats just with a little exercise this week and watching my diet ALOT.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Omgoodness, what progress you've made! Any chance of seeing some grad pics of your son...your decorations, the yummiest you made??? Hmmm..?

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well I'll try to post pics of all the decorations and yummies once i've finished everything.. i've already packed it away for a month. hubby has said no pics of my son on here. sorry.
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

We made a photo booth at one of our families get togethers. We set out some props( hats, glasses, a pipe, fake moustache etc) and made a simple black fabric backdrop and left a camera out. Everyone posed and did sometihing silly, some single and some in groups.It was a lot of fun and the pictures are great to have!! good luck on the celebrations!Wishing you beautiful weather.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    well I'll try to post pics of all the decorations and yummies once i've finished everything.. i've already packed it away for a month. hubby has said no pics of my son on here. sorry.
    I can absolutely understand...I don't post pics of our grandson here or on facebook which I just use for coupons...

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well... were JUST over a week away (he graduates officially on Thursday) and im 99% done my planning, one last thing to take care of on Friday.. and ill be done. its been alot of work but so worth it. in the end we have 25 ppl coming(including us) which is OK! keeps it intimate but still enough to have fun. ive take everyone's ideas and done my best with what I could and a small budget.. for the music im borrowing it from the library. hubbys going to set up everything for that. my other son and I and my husband are going to decorate at lunch. then my son will be allowed in to set up his 'stuff'. the only sad part is although I tried to lose weight I only managed to lose 4-5 lbs. hope i still fit in my dress. thanks everyone for all your advice. now just pray everything goes as planned.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information