User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: who is taking all the tear pads??????

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    The greed and lack of character is really getting me down. Maybe they are saving up to get her friend some teeth!!!!!

I had my laugh for the day
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I once witnessed a lady in Super C with a pair of pliers trying to take the whole pad of coupons,i called her out on it and she swore at me.I talked to the manager and he when to see her..i didn't stick around would have loved to seen the look on her face
    sharkie likes this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    I once witnessed a lady in Super C with a pair of pliers trying to take the whole pad of coupons,i called her out on it and she swore at me.I talked to the manager and he when to see her..i didn't stick around would have loved to seen the look on her face
    A pair of pliers? I can't imagine carrying a pair of pliers in my purse....
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I have to agree with this one. I never take more then I actually need, if it's something new I have not seen before, and I have no use for it, I will take one individual one to check the scan thread to see if it's been posted yet or not. Only one place in town ever has decent coupons around here, and it's a very out of the way trip for me, so to head out there and end up with one single .50 Welches coupon I was lucky enough to find on the floor was kind of disappointing. I don't think it's people taking the whole thing, or maybe it is, it could be the increased popularity and more people taking them. If there are people out there who are so desperate or in need of money where they need to take a whole tearpad to sell, then let them have them I guess. But it's people like us donating regularly to people in need, however it's getting to the point where they have become so scarce it's hard to help others and ourselves. People have also been taking peelies off products too. I wanted to buy some mussels on sale recently, every single $1 off any Highliner Product Peelie was removed from the mussles I was actually going to buy, I saw the little square sticker backing left on about 6 packages with noo peelliiiee, and saw what the peelie looked like on another product, but I wasn't going to rip it off the frozen fish just to use on my mussels even though someone wiped clean every peelie off every single package I was going to buy -.- THAT bothers me far more then seeing empty tearpads everywhere.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmamaof03 View Post
    I'm sure this will probably have me raked over the coals, but this is my 2 cents.
    If you start calling people out you had better be sure this person won't react badly to you. Also, you don't know a person's circumstances either, granted someone shouldn't take an entire TP(I don't agree with that), but maybe they have a large family and they need a large of amount of coupons (I have a friend who has 6 kids and inlaws living with them, that makes ten people to cook and clean up after). I also may take upto 25 coupons because I buy for 3 of my friends families as well as my own. I will tell you I would just ignore someone trying to tell me how many coupons I can take! If they continued to talk to me, I would be the one calling a manager over and say I'm being harassed by this person. Coupons are there for people to take, that is the simple fact! No one person has the right to tell anyone else to what to do! you can call the manufacturers but really I don't think this high on their priority list, all they really care about is selling their products. Or maybe they'll just stop giving out coupons all together. I'm just grateful for the coupons I can find. I will trade or occassionally buy ones that I need. Now if someone does happen to approach me, please be sure you have your coupon police badge, so I'll know who you are and not some crazy person attacking me! That's all I have to say about that!

I can appreciate your optimism..........."if" this toothless women and her friend (who looks like a witch, no joke) have such a huge family then why do they come out to swap meets with tubS full of tearpads to share? Wouldn't they be keeping them for themselves?

Thats another thing I just don't understand.....they steal full tear pads to share? How about you leave the tear pads where they are and we can all find them ourselves!?

I recently "heard" that she travels as far as St Catherines to steal tear pads so ladies BEWARE!

Yes, coupons are for taking but so are the Werther's candies at the Doctors office, do you dump the whole bowl into your purse? Do you eat all the samples at the deli? Do you take all the pens at the bank? I'm sure you don't beacause it comes down to morals and ethics, and thats the simple fact!

I'll make sure to start carrying my badge from now on
    Last edited by Doodles; Sat, Jun 2nd, 2012 at 07:09 AM.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    But sometimes you get the peelies from buying the product. Say I go to buy a pack of huggies diapers. But I have $8 or FPC or whatever coupons from the company. I'm going to use my coupon that's worth more on the product instead of the peelie. Why couldn't someone turn around and trade it? Just because someone is trading/selling peelies doesn't mean they took them off of packages they didn't pay for.
    I had two coupons for $2 off on two bottles of Pantene. The cashier saw one and she pocketed it! Luckily she missed the other one. I specifically chose those two bottles because it had a peelie on them.

Anyhow, I'm also getting tired of this disappearing tearpad phenomenon. Two days ago, I saw the famous Minute Maid coupons at Food Basics - two full tearpads! I took a few and called my mom the next day to ask if she wanted any for the grandkids. She said it would really help this summer. By the time I went back 24 hours after the first visit, only the naked cardboard backing was left. Darned gremlins!!

Well, that's my theory anyways. They're all being stolen by gremlins.
    sharkie likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
    I can appreciate your optimism..........."if" this toothless women and her friend (who looks like a witch, no joke) have such a huge family then why do they come out to swap meets with tubS full of tearpads to share? Wouldn't they be keeping them for themselves?

Yes, coupons are for taking but so are the Werther's candies at the Doctors office, do you dump the whole bowl into your purse? Do you eat all the samples at the deli? Do you take all the pens at the bank? I'm sure you don't because it comes down to morals and ethics, and thats the simple fact!
    That's hilarious.... I'm imagining some plier-carrying, toothless woman, emptying platters of cheese and candies into her cavernous purse, with random coupons fluttering out of her bag as she heads out the motion sensor doors.
    Insane, smileyKT and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

ok, i tried to be OPTIMISTIC too but when you go to the trade section and see people trading 30-50 of the same coupon for the past 2-3 weeks..makes you wonder...How many did they use already? how many did they trade already? and STILL have lots on their TL... TO THOSE I SAY...woowwwwww. I understand trying to justify people taking lots...but sometimes it just makes you go when you see what others are trading, purchasing and bragging about it.
    anastasia1009 and sharkie like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I get quantities of coupons ( ie 20+) by doing recycling walks for about 2 hrs.
    These are coupons that are being thrown out, after being delivered to households.
    They are about to turn into pulp, so I have no ethical issues about making efforts so they are used.

This next comment is not aimed at any particular poster.
    Multiple coupons does not mean a person is taking whole tearpads so no one else can get them.
    They can be obtained by recycling walks and trading.
    aussie, Patty Smyth and sharkie like this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    ok, i tried to be OPTIMISTIC too but when you go to the trade section and see people trading 30-50 of the same coupon for the past 2-3 weeks..makes you wonder...How many did they use already? how many did they trade already? and STILL have lots on their TL... TO THOSE I SAY...woowwwwww. I understand trying to justify people taking lots...but sometimes it just makes you go when you see what others are trading, purchasing and bragging about it.
    that is why I avoid those two sections cause usually I read and I have to bite my tongue cause I so want to say something and it won't be nice at all. And I know if you can say anything nice don't say anything at all.
    I say the same thing as you woowwwwww.
    i_love_to_save and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

wow taking pliers....someone else told me they saw someone doing that to and I thought they were joking..holy cow that is unreal

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow this thread is still going-well i was in metro the past weekend -all tear pads empty -awful

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread Information