User Tag List

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: The Beauty Box Thread

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    The fun is only beginning. Wait until you get a box that has product that leaked. First reaction is WTF, and clean up the mess. I thought I'd email them just so they could perhaps check the tops of containers before putting them in the box. Got a snarky email telling me to send pictures the next time I wanted a product replaced.

Then there are the boxes with missing items.

It took me nearly three weeks to get the password issue sorted.

Good luck with that one.
    thanks
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Not sure about the lack of contact (they've always been pretty good with contact for any issues I've had) but the Glymm boxes ship the week of the 10th of every month. And so far they've been the most consistent about shipping at the same time. So if you paid on June 15, your first box will ship this week. Payment for the next month (August) is typically billed on the 27th of the month... more than enough time to receive the current box before being charged for the next one (compared to Luxe, who billed on the 15th but didn't ship the box you were billed for the prior month until after the 26th or later!)

So keep an eye for your box or shipping notification via e-mail some time this week.

I'm getting a bit worried about my july Julep box. It hasn't arrived yet.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If there are people out there who are seriously taking into consideration whether to subscribe to a box or not, you can watch unboxing videos on YouTube to get a better idea of what each box usually has

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's my July GlossyBox - http://linerglittergloss.com/2012/08...012-glossybox/

Will have my latest Julep box up tonight and TopBox up tomorrow!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i found the glymm box this month to really really suck. thinking i may just cancel the whole thing. i wasnt impressed with last months either
    pippinelkhound likes this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I received my Fall Loose Button Luxe Box today; this is the first one since they switched from monthly to quarterly and upped the price to $26.00 per box. I had a one year subscription and enough credit left from that for the winter box so I'll get that but - unless it's outstanding - will be cancelling. I can take $26.00 and go buy something/s I want and get better value for me. I was really hoping by switching to fewer boxes they would have the time and manpower to pay attention to feedback and customer profiles but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So what was in the Loose Button Box? The pictures of Lancome, etc. nearly got me but I held off.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Spoiler - don't read if you're waiting for your Luxe box and want contents to be a surprise. Mine had 7ml Lancome Visionnaire sample - this is listed as "exclusive" but I've had 3 samples of this from SDM and The Bay so don't consider it exclusive. Keratase Elixir Ultime, 3ml and listed as rare and exclusive sample - could be but I have received in a previous Luxe box. Blinc mini-mascara black, 4g so decent sized sample. Benefit Stay Don't Stray 2.5ml. Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner .2g (listed as full size), China Glaze Nail Lacquer, full size. Finally a Loose Button exfoliating pad - a little cloth mitt listed as full size and exclusive and I would assign 0 value to it. I haven't figured out the retail value of this yet but now that the boxes are $26.00 each is not overwhelming. Previously I had received 3 glittery nail polishes in a row, absolutely not age appropriate for me and I stated so in each months' feedback, separately asked for no more nail polish and while I know someone else would love it is very disappointing to continue receiving youthful nail polish.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I was disappointed by my luxe box. I wish they would send out the exact same box to everyone. I would have preferred to have gotten the box with China Glaze, eyeliner and lipner. I got a mini bottle of elixir (sample), eye liner (full size), lip liner (full size), hair gel (sample), Sally Hansen nail polish strips, ex-foliating pad, eye cream (mini sample).

I also got my glossybox today and was kind of disappointed by it once again. I'm debating cancelling it and just getting topbox.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It took nearly six months to get off the TopBox waiting list, so if yu are thinking about it, just put your name down now. You can always change your mind.

TopBox is roughly the same as Glossy to me. Neither has blown me away. I was expecting more Euro and Asian brands and keep getting Biore and Dove!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Oh, I'm already getting topbox - have had it for awhile. I like topbox because they are consistent with their shipping time and they always send me stuff that I will use.
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I liked Glossybox this month, it rarely disappoints. I got Loosebutton the same day, and had some friends over last night. When looking through both boxes, my entire group of friends agreed Loosebutton was not worth the $25, especially when compared to Glossybox. SPOILER*** In my Luxe Box I received two tiny samples of Orlane skin care products, small vial of Benefit Stay Don't Stray, mini Lancome lash primer, a decent sized Lady Million sample (very pretty bottle), full size China Glaze nail polish in a pretty grey, and a Calvin Klein body lotion (deluxe sample size). The product card indicated there should be a Calvin Klein perfume, but it was missing. I already own the Benefit and Lancome products.

I cancelled my Loosebutton subscription, and will be getting a refund of the $100 credit I had.
    pippinelkhound and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If anyone was curious - my latest GlossyBox and Topbox. I think I'm going to cancel my Topbox subscription - 3/4 boxes I've received I've been disappointed in.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i was absolutely blown away by how bad this months glymm box was. cancelled it last night. i will still get October's as i have already been billed for it. but to have paid for four months and received absolute crap in return. i am sooo disappointed

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by deethomson View Post
    If anyone was curious - my latest GlossyBox and Topbox. I think I'm going to cancel my Topbox subscription - 3/4 boxes I've received I've been disappointed in.

I thought I was the only one less than thrilled with Topbox! I waited six months for my first box and during that time people got amazing things, I think we both got our first box around the same time and honestly, nothing apart from China Glaze nailpolish stands out for me. Glossy may have shipping issues but they keep me surprized.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information