• 2 Post By lessthannat
  • 3 Post By RebeccaRYoung
  • 2 Post By glowworm2k
  • 2 Post By tjthemanto

Thread: Tried to do something nice and called rude

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today DH, DD and I stopped by a mall we have never been to. When we entered we stopped at the map to get an idea where certain store were. While we were looking at the map a couple walked up to look too. I motioned for DD to move over a little so that the couple could have room to see. Once DD moved over the couple just moved right in front of us blocking our view.

I told the man that we moved over to let them see, not so that he could block our view. He called me a few choice names and stayed put.

I just don't get it. Why are some people not aware of how their actions affect others?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    matrix82, DaveP and angel_2011 like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I've definitely had that happen before..particularly when I'm shopping with the stroller and need to stop looking at what I'm looking at and move to let someone through a very narrow walkway. Even though I'm standing a foot away, trying to get back, some people are oblivious and take my place at the rack, preventing me from going anywhere. I haven't said anything, but I've definitely pushed my way back in in an unmistakably annoyed manner. Anyone doing that at a rack in a store will find me reaching to look at the things right in front of them. I sure have wanted to kick the idiot.

It also reminds me of times when I've struggled to open a heavy door at Sears with a baby in a stroller in front of me and a 3-year old in tow -- and someone (usually a man) decides that I'm holding the door open with my hip and heel so that he can go in ahead of us!

Or, of the time I was stopped at a stoplight... I had been sitting at the red light for at least 30 seconds... when a girl of about 20 rear-ended me because she was texting. Phone still in hand, she waved a fist, made gestures, and yelled at me from the driver's seat! And she had hit ME!

And oh, my goodness... one day, years ago, someone had brought a bunch of leftover Hallowe'en candy to the staffroom and left it in a bowl on the table. An older woman who was a first-year teacher walked in. "Oh," she said, "Candy. That's great. I needed a treat for my class because we're watching a movie." Off she went with the entire bowl!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Today I said excuse me to someone and she didn't move out of the way so I went around her. Then she ranted to her friend about how rude I was and how I should have said excuse me.

When I told her I did say excuse me and she didn't bother moving she gave me some choice words too.

Rude people are everywhere, I'm starting to not let it get to me. I hope you can learn to start doing it too .

Of course, I'm not being as nice as I used to be anymore either
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would have told him off if there wasn't a young child present :/
    How rude

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

There are always rude people around. I'm sure that rudeness is also in the eye of the beholder. Different people think that different things are rude.
    super_e, Insane and angel_2011 like this.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaRYoung View Post
    There are always rude people around. I'm sure that rudeness is also in the eye of the beholder. Different people think that different things are rude.
    Very true. I am sure that I come off as rude a lot lately. Case in point: pregnancy has made my allergies really bad and has made my sense of smell super-human. I now often cough and gag when I walk by people wearing perfume or who smell like cigarettes as these two things always knock the wind out of me and make me feel awful. Walking by the smoking areas some stores have outdoors often leads me to get rude comments because I can't stop from almost retching and the smokers assume that I'm trying to make some sort of a statement or judgment instead of just trying not to throw up in front of them!
    matrix82 and coupon girl like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yup, happens all the time to me.
    In a crowded grocery aisle when I'm looking at a product and I notice someone coming my way, I often move my cart and myself out of the way so they can pass, even though I haven't finished looking. And it almost always happens that that person will stop right there and block the aisle for everyone while they browse the products at their leisure.
    But now and then someone will actually realize that I moved out of the way for them and they'll thank me. That makes it worth it.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

What really bothers me is when people push my stroller away form me and step in between me and my stroller . (Happened once when ds1 was a baby.) Stroller was moved up by the shelf so I wasn't blocking the isle or anything like that.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Old saying.....ya can't fix stupid!!!!

sorry you had to have that experience
    ....just be happy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by benmackmom View Post
    Today DH, DD and I stopped by a mall we have never been to. When we entered we stopped at the map to get an idea where certain store were. While we were looking at the map a couple walked up to look too. I motioned for DD to move over a little so that the couple could have room to see. Once DD moved over the couple just moved right in front of us blocking our view.

I told the man that we moved over to let them see, not so that he could block our view. He called me a few choice names and stayed put.

I just don't get it. Why are some people not aware of how their actions affect others?
    Most of these people are frustrated with their own life and try to remove their frustrations on others by being rude.

You should feel sorry for people like this and move on with your life and not let these peope get to you
    Insane and kidsteph like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yep i incountered a rude person on sat-it feals good to vent about it-i told my story under a rant too -some people are unreal

Thread Information