173 (100%)

Name:  SC-frugalfeb.PNG
Views: 928
Size:  139.5 KB

Chatter about how your month is going
    Share cheap recipes, shopping brags and tips
    Let's cut spending this month!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Kitty77, Natalka, aussie and 4 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Great topic FallenPixels, will be interesting to read all the ideas for a frugal February. Will be more baking in this house, will try to make muffin mixes, etc, and put it canning jars with recipe attached, no messing around once all the work is done, just grab a jar and make muffins, fruit breads, cookies, etc.
    Started re-orgainizing the kitchen cupboards and pantry, so some free exercise, lol!

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

I'm just going to pick up the essentials this month ( milk,vegs.,fruit,etc) unless something is Free I love the idea someone posted on here a while back about making a big pot of soup and homemade biscuits, garlic bread or cheese toast once a week to use up vegs. I do this the day before I go shopping. Really cleans out the fridge. I will try and use up all of the items ( or a good portion of them) from my freezer and cupboards this month. Best of luck to everyone taking on the Feb. challenge

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Even though we're very frugal already, this is the first month we have to start paying $200 more for rent, so things are going to be extremely tight. - it's not like our income went up by that much, sheesh!

Will be trying even more to be creative with meals using what's in the freezer and pantry - shopping pretty much only for essentials.
    Gosh, it's going to be tough, we are already so very careful with our spending!

Note to self - do freezer inventory!
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Feb 1st, 2013 at 07:14 AM.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Let the games begin I've gotten out my journal so I can keep track of every dime I spend this month. I'm ready to start!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Plan on doing this too so when DH said he needed an oil change 3 days ago I told him it had to be done before Feb. 1st.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I plan to do this. Next week I know of something I have to buy already when I go to Canadian Tire. I live about an hour from a Canadian Tire so I have to take advantage of it while I am in the area. Doesn't help anything if I were to drive there in Jan. just to get one thing when the next week I was going to be in the area for an appointment anyway. It's an special shape energy efficent light bulb that I've only found at Canadian Tire....so technically this is a household necessity, or at least that's what I consider it. I'll take it out of my grocery budget. LOL

I'm looking forward to this. We're pretty frugal anyway. I can't think of the last time I've splurged on something that wasn't a necessity. Even Christmas I spent most of my Christmas money on items that we needed in the house. I don't feel this will be any different, but I just like that it will be a group effort. It may mean less trips to Timmy's, but that will be the biggest change. Anything that can wait to be replaced in March will wait. Other than the lightbulb. I really like being able to see in my hallway.
    Last edited by Nettie; Fri, Feb 1st, 2013 at 08:41 AM.
    Nettie
    Want to join SWAGBUCKS and earn gift cards? Click on my referral link! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/nichandainc
    Visit my blog, to read about how I save money on everyday expenses!
    http://stuffthepiggybank.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

This is perfect timing for me. For Lent (which begins on the 13th?) I have given up shopping. (Is that even possible?) Nothing comes into the house that isn't a need. Meals planned, and groceries bought accordingly. I will even leave my coupons behind! No matter how good a deal is- if I am not going to use it that month- it doesn't get bought. DH is going to help build a roof on a school in Guatemala in June- hopefully, we are able to save something for him.

Really looking forward to other's ideas and hints.
    Kitty77, Natalka, macw1960 and 3 others like this.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I'm on board! Buying DH pre-made gluten free muffins is getting exceptionally expensive ($7 for 6) so I'm making it my mission to find some decent GF muffin recipes to cut down on the costs and we're eating out of the freezer as much as possible this month. Only buying fruits / veggies / yogurt and milk.
    Kitty77, Natalka, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I decided at the new year that this is going to be a frugal year. There is far too much stuff in this house. I have already been trying to use as much out of the freezer and stockpile as possible. I try to do roasts and baking on the weekend or evenings when electricity is cheaper. Also won`t be buying any yarn or crochet cotton until I put a serious dent in my stockpile.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not really a thrifty person by nature, but I'm keen to try my hand at this. Also trying to blog every day in February so it's a good way to keep track of my progress.

I put my goals up here: http://wearingthewig.blogspot.ca/201...ary-goals.html . On verra!
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I'm in last month i had 19 no spend day so hoping i can get this close in February eating from the stockpile and items in my freezer
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We're pretty frugal already but I did the budget yesterday for the whole month of February (took 1/2 a day going back and forth through what transactions & payments go through each month and ouch....

Starting this month - we're trying to live of dh's income for the next several months, cutting corners where we can etc....not much wiggle room for anything.

We have been eating out of the stockpile in freezer for the last 2 weeks and I'm either going to look like a porc chop or a chicken breast.....I need to re-invent the wheel if you get my drift.

About mid-January we starting to eat out of our stockpile, freezer, use up what needs to be used up, stop buying pre-made stuff like cakes mixes which I only buy to have when I'm in a pinch BUT I'm going to do like the lady above and pre-package my own cake & cookie mixes so that I only need to add milk, eggs, oil, etc... & voila.

Bring it on baby.....I'm so all over this one!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I'm on board! We're already pretty frugal, not much restaurant spending (maybe once a month, that includes fast food) and try to come up with free activities for us and our 2 year old. I'm looking to increase my stockpile this year, so I won't be as frugal, but would love to share some savings tips with everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Plan on doing this too so when DH said he needed an oil change 3 days ago I told him it had to be done before Feb. 1st.
    We put $50 away each month for 'car repairs'. It's much easier if something does break or we need an oil change etc., to know that money is already there...no worrying!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    We're pretty frugal already but I did the budget yesterday for the whole month of February (took 1/2 a day going back and forth through what transactions & payments go through each month and ouch....

Starting this month - we're trying to live of dh's income for the next several months, cutting corners where we can etc....not much wiggle room for anything.

We have been eating out of the stockpile in freezer for the last 2 weeks and I'm either going to look like a porc chop or a chicken breast.....I need to re-invent the wheel if you get my drift.

About mid-January we starting to eat out of our stockpile, freezer, use up what needs to be used up, stop buying pre-made stuff like cakes mixes which I only buy to have when I'm in a pinch BUT I'm going to do like the lady above and pre-package my own cake & cookie mixes so that I only need to add milk, eggs, oil, etc... & voila.

Bring it on baby.....I'm so all over this one!
    DH and I have decided to do this too, starting in March! We need some of house reno's, and need to stop living pay cheque to pay cheque, so we are going to save my income and live off of his. I imagine it will be tough at first, but I'm happy I'll already be in extra frugal mode in Feb to make the transition into March easier.
    Nettie
    Want to join SWAGBUCKS and earn gift cards? Click on my referral link! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/nichandainc
    Visit my blog, to read about how I save money on everyday expenses!
    http://stuffthepiggybank.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information