User Tag List

Page 66 of 613 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 566 ... LastLast
Like Tree19379Likes

Thread: PC Plus Programme

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

my thoughts:
    I did not participate the in the GC purchasing to get points. The fine print did say that it was not allowed. It is getting under my skin to see people complain and say "how dare they take them all back!" For the people who did participate regardless of the fine print, you made that choice and assumed the risk of possibly losing those points.

as couponers, I think we all have couponing ethics and a principle level that we abide to. When a coupon states "cannot be combined..., one per transaction..., etc" we follow those rules. We make sure we price match the correct size/item, use current flyers and don't try to be sneaky about getting deals. As far as I am concerned, couponing is very black and white. It either is very specific or sometimes very vague.

Just because a cashier "lets it go" or "didn't notice" someone misusing a coupon doesn't make it ok and gives couponers a bad name. You may not get caught but your "little couponing conscience" should tell you that is wrong.
    So, just because PC plus let you buy hundreds of dollars in GCs and get points, didn't make it right to do so. The fine print said so in black and white. JMO
    Last edited by web3; Tue, Dec 17th, 2013 at 12:40 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    if you paid by any form of debit, any form of credit card they have there ways of blocking people from using the system again and you will be banned from the program. you would have to get a new CC or debit number to get a new pc plus card. only if you paid cash they have no way of tracing you. i just asked my friend and she said "they are having fun with all the calls". People begging for the points back but its your responsibility to read the fine print.
    Since the PC card came with little key tag cards and we were allowed to share these with family in order to collect points faster, I don't see how they can block all debit/cc associated with each acct. What if the cc is under someone else's name and they were just using our PC plus card? I doubt that PC would want to ban everyone associated with our accts, friends and family, they will be alienating a WHOLE lot of people over a computer error (and no, they should not expect their customers to make up a point deficit over this error, that is irrational for them to make that assumption.)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy76 View Post
    I find it quite disturbing that your friend, a loblaw's employee, states "they are having fun with all the calls." Your friend reflects Loblaws, and that fact that they are having "fun", reflects that they find the clawback and situation funny…not impressive at all Loblaws….p.s…tell your friend, informant Anastasia, to tell Loblaws, that they are going to lose valuable customers by their actions...
    "Having fun" - this could be a turn of phrase. When someone says that, I get the impression that it is just the opposite - they are tired and possibly frustrated with the situation.

I don't believe the poster's friend meant they are treating the customer poorly. It's just a nice way of saying "I'm so sick of all these bloody calls because people thought they found a loophole in the system and now they are crying and angry that someone noticed and took back their points". (I don't mean that in a rude way to the people who did buy GCs to get the points, I just imagine if you spend an entire day of getting calls about it that you'd be pretty darned annoyed too)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Please keep a close eye on your account. We had a transaction last week where we spent $106+ in groceries plus a couple of gift cards, and they took away ALL my points from the transaction. I have sent an email inquiry to try and get my earned points back - please make sure to contact them if this happens to you as well!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 07:06 PM.
    shantayl and PurpleBunny89 like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

*sigh* I had a hunch this would happen. Buh-bye points!
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by web3 View Post
    my thoughts:
    I did not participate the in the GC purchasing to get points. The fine print did say that it was not allowed. It is getting under my skin to see people complain and say "how dare they take them all back!" For the people who did participate regardless of the fine print, you made that choice and assumed the risk of possibly loosing those points.

as couponers, I think we all have couponing ethics and a principle level that we abide to. When a coupon states "cannot be combined..., one per transaction..., etc" we follow those rules. We make sure we price match the correct size/item, use current flyers and don't try to be sneaky about getting deals. As far as I am concerned, couponing is very black and white. It either is very specific or sometimes very vague.

Just because a cashier "lets it go" or "didn't notice" someone misusing a coupon doesn't make it ok and gives couponers a bad name. You may not get caught but your "little couponing conscience" should tell you that is wrong.
    So, just because PC plus let you buy hundreds of dollars in GCs and get points, didn't make it right to do so. The fine print said so in black and white. JMO

Well said!!!

I wonder how many people would have actually "ran" to Zehrs to buy gift cards had it not been posted (regarding the 20,000 points being given with the purchase of gift cards). I do not understand all the bad backlash, and rants when everyone knew about the fine print but some still went out purchasing cards while Knowingly *cheating* the system..well at least thinking they were...it was a huuuge error but none the less, we are adults and must take responsibility for our own actions as well. I would not approve of my child cheating, so why is this any different? JMHO

janes
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Hi everyone

just to let you guys know i just got a email this morning stating that some people got those points on gift cards and Tabaco and that it was an error if i would see a correction on my points that is why!!

How ever i have bought groceries for over 300 dollar no gift cards or smoke and they still have taken 20000 points away from my account

i am very angry that they just take points ,even from me who has followed the correct point over .

just wanted to let everyone know .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I find it quite disturbing that your friend, a loblaw's employee, states "they are having fun with all the calls." Yes, this can be taken two ways, but one way does imply that Loblaws is having "fun", with the clawback and finds the situation "funny"…not impressive at all Loblaws….p.s…tell your friend, informant Anastasia, to tell Loblaws, that they are going to lose valuable customers by their actions…Also, were we not taught not be Indian givers Loblaws? even if we gave it accidentally?.if you give something to a friend, and then take it away..will you not lose that friend eventually?…
    Can't believe you actually wrote that! In find it very offensive.
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Last edited by Valerey; Tue, Dec 17th, 2013 at 07:35 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Contact Head office with your displeasure, I am sure that they will correct it, since they are really banking on this being a success!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I didn't get such email yet, but they wouldn't be able to take my points back since I already redeemed them for more gift cards

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLover618 View Post
    I didn't get such email yet, but they wouldn't be able to take my points back since I already redeemed them for more gift cards
    But they can put your account into a negative balance. I've read on here that this has already happened to some people. Check out the thread here:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/352518-...mme-canada-64/
    Last edited by Zonny; Tue, Dec 17th, 2013 at 08:08 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

What happened? Was there some kind of fiasco recently?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I find it quite disturbing that your friend, a loblaw's employee, states "they are having fun with all the calls." Yes, this can be taken two ways, but one way does imply that Loblaws is having "fun", with the clawback and finds the situation "funny"…not impressive at all Loblaws….p.s…tell your friend, informant Anastasia, to tell Loblaws, that they are going to lose valuable customers by their actions…Also, were we not taught not be Indian givers Loblaws? even if we gave it accidentally?.if you give something to a friend, and then take it away..will you not lose that friend eventually?…
    There is no reason to be rude to another member like that and to use such rude language in general.

The rules of the program were stated right from the beginning. If a person took a chance in breaking the rules, hoping the company would not notice, then how is it unfair to the customer when the points are reversed?

A company is not one's "friend" and is not in the business of making large donations to people who try to scam the system.

A person must also act honorably, and that would include not trying to pull a fast one, hoping the "friend" won't notice.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Page 66 of 613 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 566 ... LastLast

Thread Information