User Tag List

Page 108 of 654 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 208 608 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    DD's school parking lot is horrendous! Between all the teachers taking the closest parking spots, 5 full buses and parents coming and going it's a complete zoo.

I usually walk or park on the road if I have to drive but there's no place to park on the road (the snow banks are huge) and the weather hasn't been great to keep DS out for the length of time if we walked so I've been driving. I absolutely hate it! I'm sure there's going to be a huge accident in that parking lot!

I have no idea why they don't create a separate spot for the buses and/or ask the teachers to park at the back and/or clean the area near the road so people can still park there.
    My local council frequently decide to clear the snow banks during either the drop off or pick up times of our local schools...so you can't get past the giant snowblower/truck combo because there are too many people going the other way..
    thriftygranny likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    i sliced my finger pretty good on a YOGURT CONTAINER......errrrrr :D
    I had to go the on-site nurse at one job I was working since I cut my finger on a piece of paper and it wouldn't stop bleeding. I went through 6 band-aids in 20 mins. I ended up with a couple of butterfly stiches to close the shallow and not long wound.

I must have caught a blood vessel somehow.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

DD's school parking lot is horrendous! Between all the teachers taking the closest parking spots, 5 full buses and parents coming and going it's a complete zoo.

I usually walk or park on the road if I have to drive but there's no place to park on the road (the snow banks are huge) and the weather hasn't been great to keep DS out for the length of time if we walked so I've been driving. I absolutely hate it! I'm sure there's going to be a huge accident in that parking lot!

I have no idea why they don't create a separate spot for the buses and/or ask the teachers to park at the back and/or clean the area near the road so people can still park there.
    oh school parking is horrible!! i've seen just about every bad form of parking at a school possible! i've lived across the street from schools most my life!i currently live on a dead end street with a turn around at the end and sure enough there is always a parent or two who parks IN the turn around (what is a no parking zone.. because if someone parks in it you can't turn around)...i've seen parents block my drive way because "they just have to run in" and pick up their kid, because there was no close spots available, they didn't want to park across the field because it was too far away..
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I worked in a school that had a parking lot made for about 30 cars and yet the school had a few hundred students! All of the spots were marked "reserved for staff" except for the TWO "visitor spots". I wasn't considered to be a staff member, either, because I didn't actually work for the school. It was ridiculous.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

My cat has recently started pulling his "waste" out of his litter box to play with on the floor! I am getting tired of walking into my kitchen (the only place there's enough space - and no carpet - to keep his litter box) and finding clumps of litter and pieces of poop on the floor. Nothing is working to make him stop this, either, and I am almost at the end of my rope! He has no issues with going in the litter box, it's just that once it's out of his body, it's officially a toy! Grrrrr
    walkonby, r0c0upons and wolfwoman like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Would a litter box with a lid help, making it harder for him to get it out?

Quote Originally Posted by sun_shine View Post
    My cat has recently started pulling his "waste" out of his litter box to play with on the floor! I am getting tired of walking into my kitchen (the only place there's enough space - and no carpet - to keep his litter box) and finding clumps of litter and pieces of poop on the floor. Nothing is working to make him stop this, either, and I am almost at the end of my rope! He has no issues with going in the litter box, it's just that once it's out of his body, it's officially a toy! Grrrrr
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Would a litter box with a lid help, making it harder for him to get it out?
    Tried that! That's what he uses now, but he seems to have mastered the art now :| The ONLY two solutions that I have come up with but haven't done (due to cost, though I am thinking I may "make my own" of the second option) are automatic litter pans (run from about $80-$200; I assume the lower the cost, the poorer they work) and top-entry litter boxes (generally around $50-100). I am thinking I could probably get one of the big Rubbermaid bins with a lid, and cut a hole out of the lid for him to enter/exit. I know these can be as cheap as $5, but it's just frustrating how much money I have had to spend to try to solve every frustrating challenge he has given me. The problem I just got over with him was him dumping his water all over the floor. I had to spend $60 on a fountain that holds enough water to make it too heavy for him to push/pull/tip over. As soon as I get over one obstacle with him, he comes up with something else It's been almost a year since I got him, and I don't know how much more of him I can take, unfortunately.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

so DH and I went to WM today, and as we left I said "you go to the car, I'll walk to Dollarama" ....I walk across the parking lot without incident but as I'm approaching the crosswalk, there's so much ice I get stuck! It was slightly humourous, slightly scary! I had no idea which way to go and I really didn't like that I had to do all this maneuvering while cars whizzed past! one guy got such a kick out it he pretty much parked and hung his head out the window to see what I'd do next! the streets and sidewalks are nutssssss!!

i need a traction device!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Tried that! That's what he uses now, but he seems to have mastered the art now :| The ONLY two solutions that I have come up with but haven't done (due to cost, though I am thinking I may "make my own" of the second option) are automatic litter pans (run from about $80-$200; I assume the lower the cost, the poorer they work) and top-entry litter boxes (generally around $50-100). I am thinking I could probably get one of the big Rubbermaid bins with a lid, and cut a hole out of the lid for him to enter/exit. I know these can be as cheap as $5, but it's just frustrating how much money I have had to spend to try to solve every frustrating challenge he has given me. The problem I just got over with him was him dumping his water all over the floor. I had to spend $60 on a fountain that holds enough water to make it too heavy for him to push/pull/tip over. As soon as I get over one obstacle with him, he comes up with something else It's been almost a year since I got him, and I don't know how much more of him I can take, unfortunately.
    Try the Rubbermaid bin route. Don't give up on him, too many animals are homeless because they maybe a little challenging.
    I finally found slipcovers for my couch and chair that don't cost a fortune. I have have them on 1night and already they are getting all snagged up because of the dogs nails. I think I need slipcovers for my slipcovers!!
    c_mcarthur and francine1985 like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Try the Rubbermaid bin route. Don't give up on him, too many animals are homeless because they maybe a little challenging.
    I finally found slipcovers for my couch and chair that don't cost a fortune. I have have them on 1night and already they are getting all snagged up because of the dogs nails. I think I need slipcovers for my slipcovers!!
    I'm considering this idea more and more now that I've thought of it I've tried so hard and stayed so committed to him, which is why I haven't re-homed him yet, but each time I think we're good he starts something else. He's very difficult and as my first pet I wasn't expecting to end up with a difficult one. I do care about him though, which is why I just keep trying! I wish it were easier! I do still hold out hope that as he gets older his obnoxious behaviours will cease (he turns 1 in two weeks). Thanks for the encouragement, and for letting me know that there are other people dealing with challenges from pets

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm considering this idea more and more now that I've thought of it I've tried so hard and stayed so committed to him, which is why I haven't re-homed him yet, but each time I think we're good he starts something else. He's very difficult and as my first pet I wasn't expecting to end up with a difficult one. I do care about him though, which is why I just keep trying! I wish it were easier! I do still hold out hope that as he gets older his obnoxious behaviours will cease (he turns 1 in two weeks). Thanks for the encouragement, and for letting me know that there are other people dealing with challenges from pets

sounds alot like my TODDLER to be honest! I know nothing about cats, but maybe he's having his "terrible twos"!?! hang in there mama!!
    Shwa Girl, Lyssia510 and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

some threads really should stay buried
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

No flyers this week again & I'm not happy.....called the local newspaper & they say we may not have a carrier but they have a driver who was going out on Friday ... It's Sunday & I'm still without my flyers...don't have time with an active 1 year old to search through them online.the last time it took me days.. I need to do a PM with FB @ Target & they need the physical flyer to do so... I won't let my blood pressure go up as I have no control over this but enough is enough already... Phew..breathe...in , out, in, out.. Lol

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

One of my co workers was also having this problem, being told it was a new carrier they did not know their route. Her husband phoned and told them if they did not have their paper by noon he was going to start contacting all the stores that had flyers in their paper and let them know they were paying the paper big money to distribute their flyer and a large number of people in his area where not getting there paper and for this reason he would not be in to shop at their store this week as he was not sure if they had anything on sale they needed and he did not have time to drive to every store to check and he does not use a computer so he could not look the flyers up online. The paper person at the paper made a comment of oh that would not be good we could get in a lot of trouble to which he replied yes you could and they had their paper within an hour and have not have an issue since.

Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    No flyers this week again & I'm not happy.....called the local newspaper & they say we may not have a carrier but they have a driver who was going out on Friday ... It's Sunday & I'm still without my flyers...don't have time with an active 1 year old to search through them online.the last time it took me days.. I need to do a PM with FB @ Target & they need the physical flyer to do so... I won't let my blood pressure go up as I have no control over this but enough is enough already... Phew..breathe...in , out, in, out.. Lol
    Crochetlady and itsakeychain like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I went for a dental cleaning today. I think my hygienist had a bad night or something because she was brutal! My mouth is so sore right now.
    Just call me Wolfie

Page 108 of 654 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 208 608 ... LastLast

Thread Information