User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree531Likes

Thread: What’s in Your Crock-Pot??? The 2014 Thread

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

the only problem with that is you need an outlet. dh was going to purchase until he realized that. he wanted it for work. he's a professional driver.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Each Day is a Blessing... Snow In Summer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Zonny isn't that totally cool huh? I thought so!!! I work from home, so I couldn't use this but I bought two for Christmas gifts next year and I know exactly who's going to LOVE them. BTW microwaving food will take away the essential nutrients of the food you cooked, where this method doesn't. It just warms it.
    Last edited by Snow In Summer; Sun, Jan 26th, 2014 at 07:26 PM.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    the only problem with that is you need an outlet. dh was going to purchase until he realized that. he wanted it for work. he's a professional driver.
    If you read the reviews on Amazon many husbands working on contrcution sites actually have ports in thier cars to accomodate this little creature. They don't even need to go into the office as they are eating it out of their trucks now.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Yesterday I got some beautiful PCPLUS personal offers. One being spend $20.00 on any type of meat and get 3000 points. The second offer which I will be combined with the first is the 200 points on pork for every dollar spent. Well guess what? Pork loin is on sale this week at Loblaws. lol (here I go again) I am going to try and buy $20.00 worth of pork, use my points to get them free for a zero OPP and still make 7.00 on this transaction.

Now what should I do with this pork loin? After many hours of surfing this is what I'm cooking in my house tomorrow. It looks SO delicious and an absolute no brainer (which I like)!!! A perfect Sunday meal.

http://rachelschultz.com/2012/09/22/...oker-porkloin/

I'll let you know how it all turns out!!! Stay tuned ...
    Angela273 and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow In Summer View Post
    Yesterday I got some beautiful PCPLUS personal offers. One being spend $20.00 on any type of meat and get 3000 points. The second offer which I will be combined with the first is the 200 points on pork for every dollar spent. Well guess what? Pork loin is on sale this week at Loblaws. lol (here I go again) I am going to try and buy $20.00 worth of pork, use my points to get them free for a zero OPP and still make 7.00 on this transaction.

Now what should I do with this pork loin? After many hours of surfing this is what I'm cooking in my house tomorrow. It looks SO delicious and an absolute no brainer (which I like)!!! A perfect Sunday meal.

That looks pretty nice to me. Hope it turns out great for you.

I really like this thread. I have tried my slow cooker 3 times since LO was born (17months ago). It sat in our cupboard for years after it was given to us. I think I should try to use it more often. I'm substitute teaching and taking a university course this semester, so fairly busy and an unpredictable schedule too.
    cath007 and Snow In Summer like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    That looks pretty nice to me. Hope it turns out great for you.

I really like this thread. I have tried my slow cooker 3 times since LO was born (17months ago). It sat in our cupboard for years after it was given to us. I think I should try to use it more often. I'm substitute teaching and taking a university course this semester, so fairly busy and an unpredictable schedule too.
    Angela we all kind of start off that way. I remember the first couple of times using cans of Campbell's mushroom soap and throwing in a pork chop in with some onions ... thinking it would be good. It was ok but not great. Then it sat in my cupboard for years.

Now I use it all the time. There are so many fabulous recipes out there now that are so simple and easy to make.

Btw this recipe is the bomb!!! SO tasty and the pork was so tender. I'm going to do it again this week and make one change to it and post pictures which I forgot to do today. This one is definitely a keeper and 5 star!!!
    Angela273 and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

That's looks really good, might have to try it out next time I have pork loin.

I do black beans from dried ones in the crockpot - soak overnight, then rinse, cover with water and into the crockpot for 10 hours. I actually used some of those beans today, for...a chocolate cake! It has no flour (it's gluten free), and tasted pretty good. DH and DS had no clue until I told them. We have no gluten issues, I was mostly interested in a high-fibre chocolate cake.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    That's looks really good, might have to try it out next time I have pork loin.

I do black beans from dried ones in the crockpot - soak overnight, then rinse, cover with water and into the crockpot for 10 hours. I actually used some of those beans today, for...a chocolate cake! It has no flour (it's gluten free), and tasted pretty good. DH and DS had no clue until I told them. We have no gluten issues, I was mostly interested in a high-fibre chocolate cake.
    Hahaha I'm laughing my head off here. That's brilliant and I love chocolate cake!!! I can just see the DH and DS face after they ate it and you told them. Did you post the recipe somewhere as I might just try it.
    cath007 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Hahaha I'm laughing my head off here. That's brilliant and I love chocolate cake!!! I can just see the DH and DS face after they ate it and you told them. Did you post the recipe somewhere as I might just try it.
    Yeah, it was funny. DH was saying he thought something tasted different, but I call BS. He would NEVER have noticed if I hadn't mentioned it!

Here is the recipe:

http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/re...ate-cake/25751

It's made in some fancy kind of blender in this link, but my KitchenAid managed just fine.
    harbie, cath007 and Snow In Summer like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This morning I tossed an Italian seasoned pork roast into the pot. After awhile of letting it cook I added some carrots, potatoes, whole tomatoes, celery, and a little bit of rice. I can't wait for it to be ready. It smells amazing!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ronnewman View Post
    This morning I tossed an Italian seasoned pork roast into the pot. After awhile of letting it cook I added some carrots, potatoes, whole tomatoes, celery, and a little bit of rice. I can't wait for it to be ready. It smells amazing!
    Sounds delicious!!!
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks guys for the tips!!!! When I get some more time to go in-depth with my crockpot i'll be sure to reread all these great tips!
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Today I am working until 10 so I decided to throw some things into the crock pot so hubby could have a hot dinner.

2 chicken breasts cut into pieces
    yellow pepper
    red pepper
    onion
    frozen corn
    frozen peas
    cream of mushroom soup
    alfredo sauce
    red potatoes

Threw it all in with some seasoning and it's currently cooking. I hope it tastes as good as it looks.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have 2 of those mini crockpots. I purchased one about a year ago from Walmart. I used it almost every day while I'm at work. The lid on the first one stripped from overuse. I wrote to the company because the contents would spill out if the crockpot was tilted slightly (when I wrapped the cord back underneath after unplugging it).

The company immediately replaced it free of charge. The shipped a brand new one in the same colour (pink) to my home. I just LOVE mine. One word of advice though. If you are taking left over pasta for lunch the next day, don't plug it in until about and hour before you want to eat. The pasta and sauce will dry out if you let it warm up all morning.
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Tue, Feb 4th, 2014 at 01:14 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ok I'm making sure to prep dinner tonight for the crockpot! Chicken and veggies I think will be on the menu. I will make rice tonight so all we have to do is heat it up tomorrow night. Thanks for the inspiration!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information