User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Unbrag, shrinking product sizes

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Neilson whip cream at walmart, watch out for the 473ml size, found it today mixed in with the 500mls size, for the same price!!!,
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    DaveP, ssbean, ticul and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah, so many items shrinking in size but not in price. Thanks.
    ssbean and ticul like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

They think we won't notice
    ticul and TooCouponCrazy like this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

The saddest is the bacon that's always on sale is only 375grams instead of 500.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i swear my bagels have gotten smaller! though i don't have a old package laying around to prove it
    Angela273 likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I heard and I do not know if it is true or possible but that when it comes to items like bagels that because they are sold by weights companies have found a way to make them more dense therefore they still give you the same number of bagels but the actual bagel is smaller because they are more dense therefore weighing more. So they can make the bagel smaller keep their packaging the same and pretend nothing has changed you are still get 6 bagels that weigh ____ g that has not changed but instead of being __ inch round they are ____ inch instead. Sorry not sure on bagels sizes as we have stopped buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i swear my bagels have gotten smaller! though i don't have a old package laying around to prove it
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I heard and I do not know if it is true or possible but that when it comes to items like bagels that because they are sold by weights companies have found a way to make them more dense therefore they still give you the same number of bagels but the actual bagel is smaller because they are more dense therefore weighing more. So they can make the bagel smaller keep their packaging the same and pretend nothing has changed you are still get 6 bagels that weigh ____ g that has not changed but instead of being __ inch round they are ____ inch instead. Sorry not sure on bagels sizes as we have stopped buying them.
    i wouldn't be surprised... the bag is the same size but the bagels seem to float in the bag instead of the bag fitting just the right size for the bagels.. i'd never pay regular price ($3+) for a bag of bagels.. i'd feel i was getting severely ripped off (i buy them at my local bread store in the discount section and even at $1.59 i feel they are starting to become over priced for the size)
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    I think you are right about the bagels. BTW, Costco makes theirs nice and big as compared to the ones you buy in WM, SS etc!
    Angela273, seylz_gurl and i_forget like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    I think you are right about the bagels. BTW, Costco makes theirs nice and big as compared to the ones you buy in WM, SS etc!
    Yes, but it's $6.49 for two bags of six. They are nice big ones, but I almost never buy them there.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have seen Cheese Blocks gone from 600 gm to 500 gm & now they are 400 gm ..just saw them in the last couple of weeks, for the exact same price as before !

Even Delissio frozen pizzas, now come in smaller sizes & have shrinked a lot ..after the new packages.

Also finding the Bread loafs to be smaller ..most 2L ice cream are now 1.6 L

The list goes on !!!
    Angela273 and nessa23 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've seen nelson milk cartons go from 500ml to 473ml and 250ml to 237ml. Even 750ml chocolate milk cartons at Zehrs

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Angela273 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for mentioning about the Costco bagels. Costco is almost twice as large as brand name ones, so something to think about when factoring in cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    Angela273 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Wanted to PM blueberries the other day but Food Basics had 125 g containers on sale and most stores only have 170 g

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I bought a mccains frozen cholate pie last week -mind you paid 3.99 on sale-.75 cpn-1.00 checkout51=2.24-thank oodnes I paid that price cause they are 4.99reg
    -well let me tell you i haven't bought one In quite a few years-so I had my son/wife and hubby and I for supper opend the box for dessert and just laughted it was a tiny pie-very small
    Angela273 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    Thanks for mentioning about the Costco bagels. Costco is almost twice as large as brand name ones, so something to think about when factoring in cost.
    I find Costo bagels are kind of expensive, because I think of them 'per unit.' For me, the size of the bagel is not a big factor. If I'm eating a bagel, I'm eating a bagel, not really factoring in size.

I've never really noted it, are they really nearly twice as big as say a Dempster's bagel? Maybe I can make do with half of one.

The bacon thing I'm finding very annoying. I think it's Maple Leaf who has advertised they're now making an 'economy' package. Nothing more than a smaller package for the same price! Quaker cereal did the same thing last year (Corn Bran, Life, etc.) advertised a 'new size, new price,' but the price was the same, just the size was smaller. Not sure if it's the grocery store taking a bigger bite or the manufacturer.
    Last edited by Zonny; Sat, May 24th, 2014 at 07:12 PM.
    Angela273 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information