User Tag List

Page 82 of 149 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2234
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

strange thing though it did disappear when placed in the sun. i was told it was probably mildew.
    going to see what another 24 hours does to it.
    ROMEO and 22hicks like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Powdery mildew is a pita. I only ever got it on one of my clematis plants because it doesn't get very good air circulation. By the time I noticed it was affected it was too late as it got the whole plant. I just left it alone and winter killed it. The plant is back and doing great this spring, but I suspect it will be hit again if it gets too hot this summer. It doesn't kill the plant but it stresses it.

Probably the reason it disappeared from your little rose is because you brought it outside - the air circulation improved around it. I put those roses out almost every summer, they do great for me. My only suggestion is you take it out of the small pot and replant it into a bigger one or even into the garden (if you haven't already) otherwise you'll be spending your entire summer making sure that it's not thirsty. Don't crowd it with other plants, just let it be happy on its own, otherwise the mildew will come back. When you water it, only do so from the bottom, don't soak the leaves. Not much else I can suggest unless you plan on going the chemical route. In the past I've used the baking soda, dishsoap, water recipe to get rid of the mildew but it's not all that effective. If it does come back and it's not too drastic just try pinching off the affected area and change its location to one with better air circulation. Throw it out in the sun too, but not all at once if it hasn't been out in it yet - plants get sunburned like we do too. Gradually introduce it to the sun, a little bit at a time. Am I rambling? Sorry, it's early.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post

Now if it's spider mites, maybe someone else can come along and give you a colorful description for that one
    those spider &^%#(&& mites, if you have them just do yourself a favour and throw the plant out.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Well I am hoping this is the solution to my hydrangea problem. They are beautiful until the first heavy rain then they bend over and break. The cage is 4 feet tall and I bent over the top so the tallest ones in the middle won't bend over.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

cute cage Patty.
    thanks Jays for the suggestion. its already in a much larger container. growing well. i cut off the offending leaves. if it happens again. well. thats life.
    i have it in a dish and only water the dish. im still waiting for the mini roses to bloom. i get a bud and then it dies. doesnt' even bloom first.
    ROMEO and macw1960 like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Well I am hoping this is the solution to my hydrangea problem. They are beautiful until the first heavy rain then they bend over and break. The cage is 4 feet tall and I bent over the top so the tallest ones in the middle won't bend over.
    Hmmm, inquiring minds ... what KIND of hydrangea is it Patty ? Is it a "climbing" kind ?
    ROMEO and macw1960 like this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Hmmm, inquiring minds ... what KIND of hydrangea is it Patty ? Is it a "climbing" kind ?

Annabelle, but the ones in the backyard get about 5 feet tall
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Annabelle, but the ones in the backyard get about 5 feet tall
    Ok, off to google... I just *thought* I remembered seeing one climbing up your fence
    macw1960 likes this.

MY WISHLIST

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Three clumps of lilies are appearing above the soil. Yay! Plan on purchasing extra soil this week and start my planting.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Jeepers it rained that icky cold rain all day yesterday and was windy like crazy. It reminds me of last year when we had this same thing and farmers lost a lot of their crops.

Hopefully there was no damage.
    macw1960 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I hear you Patty, I had checked the soil of all the garden things over Sun/Mon and they did not need any watering until yesterday, so I soaked everything nicely first thing in the a.m.
    Then of COURSE we got a torrential downpour hammering all my little newly sprouted seedling tops! It kept coming and going ( the showers)
    Could not bear to look at anything last night, but this morning I was surprised to see they all survived! I am curious if anyone has grown parsley from seed? They are the only things that have not even broke through the soil as yet?? Basil, peas, beans, spinach and lettuce have all made their debut appearance.
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, May 28th, 2014 at 07:41 AM.
    Natalka and macw1960 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I hear you Patty, I had checked the soil of all the garden things over Sun/Mon and they did not need any watering until yesterday, so I soaked everything nicely first thing in the a.m.
    Then of COURSE we got a torrential downpour hammering all my little newly sprouted seedling tops! It kept coming and going ( the showers)
    Could not bear to look at anything last night, but this morning I was surprised to see they all survived! I am curious if anyone has grown parsley from seed? They are the only things that have not even broke through the soil as yet?? Basil, peas, beans, spinach and lettuce have all made their debut appearance.
    I'm not minding the rain so much as the cold temps... 7,8,9 degrees !! I'm stressed that my plants are stressed I've read that parsley can take 3 weeks or more to germinate, have you tried paper towel/ziploc germination...I've found a lot of my seeds sprout faster that way and there's actually seeds I couldn't get to germinate in soil which do well with this method
    GoJays, macw1960 and walkonby like this.

MY WISHLIST

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Hmmmm, interesting ideas

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My pink crab apple is blooming-finally spring in the foothills.
    Patty Smyth, GoJays and macw1960 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am in tears this a.m. ONE word...... CHIPMUNK!!!! he dug up the 3 large window style boxes that had my spinach and lettuce sprouts and some pretty just sprouted snow peas!!! I want to BBQ him on a stick!!
    GoJays and TooCouponCrazy like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 82 of 149 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast

Thread Information