User Tag List

Page 80 of 149 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2235
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My gd who is only 2 would love a garden of her own. She already helped put in seeds in the vegetable garden and loves watering the garden. She actually even loved it last summer too. Maybe I can get her papa to make her one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I drilled, very carefully cause I cracked the first one . After that I put landscape fabric in the bottom to stop the dirt from getting out.

Here she is all planted and watering.
    ROMEO and Patty Smyth like this.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I forgot to water my garden last night. We hadn't gotten in a couple of days, so I ran home at lunch to water all my seeds. It was good the school that I taught at today had a 1hr lunch break instead of the 45min lunch break that many of the other schools had, plus it is pretty close to our home. The rain on Monday was so hard that it uncovered about 4 pea seeds, so I replanted them while I watered. A friend/co-worker of mine gave me spaghetti squash seeds, so my search is over.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

I drilled, very carefully cause I cracked the first one . After that I put landscape fabric in the bottom to stop the dirt from getting out.

Here she is all planted and watering.
    Great idea Patty Your sooooo smart. Love your pics and Keira looks super proud of her garden. Question for ya.....how do you keep your (Patty oh patio stones looking so great. I layed down some here, dug up the grass, packed the sand down, layed down landscape cloth and still the grass comes back. Tried pouring vineger on as I read that somewhere but it pops up again. Any ideas Patty or anyone. Thanks so much
    ROMEO likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgal View Post
    Great idea Patty Your sooooo smart. Love your pics and Keira looks super proud of her garden. Question for ya.....how do you keep your (Patty oh patio stones looking so great. I layed down some here, dug up the grass, packed the sand down, layed down landscape cloth and still the grass comes back. Tried pouring vineger on as I read that somewhere but it pops up again. Any ideas Patty or anyone. Thanks so much
    When I originally did it I remove all the grass then i put down gravel. about 2 inches thick. I don't use landscape fabric. You can also put sand in between the joints to cut down on weeds but then you get ants lol.

They are actually anywhere from 20 - 8 years old as I have expanded it many times over the years. I hand pull a lot of weeds but I also use Weed be gone which does not kill grass just weeds. If that does not work I do have some Wipe Out for the tougher weeds.

I use this stuff, it's like crushed dry cement.
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Fri, May 23rd, 2014 at 07:28 AM.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

When I originally did it I remove all the grass then i put down gravel. about 2 inches thick. I don't use landscape fabric. You can also put sand in between the joints to cut down on weeds but then you get ants lol.

They are actually anywhere from 20 - 8 years old as I have expanded it many times over the years. I hand pull a lot of weeds but I also use Weed be gone which does not kill grass just weeds. If that does not work I do have some Wipe Out for the tougher weeds.

I use this stuff, it's like crushed dry cement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgal View Post
    This is going to sound NUTZ and I have no such stones so I haven't tested it but I saw on a blog somewhere that someone used caulking in between stones to block out weeds
    ROMEO, Patty Smyth and Scottishgal like this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    This is going to sound NUTZ and I have no such stones so I haven't tested it but I saw on a blog somewhere that someone used caulking in between stones to block out weeds
    Yes I have seen this as well.

There is also a "green" method to kill weeds.

use vinegar, epsom salt and dawn dish soap , apparently this works well also. I may try this since I scored cheap epsom salts at Target this year I have quite a bit.
    Angela273 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Imagine if I had to caulk the patio in my backyard? It would take all year and 100 tubes of caulk

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Imagine if I had to caulk the patio in my backyard? It would take all year and 100 tubes of caulk
    Yeah.... but you'll run out of projects sooner or later

MY WISHLIST

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tbites View Post
    yeah.... But you'll run out of projects sooner or later
    never!!!!!!!
    Tbites likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yes I have seen this as well.

There is also a "green" method to kill weeds.

use vinegar, epsom salt and dawn dish soap , apparently this works well also. I may try this since I scored cheap epsom salts at Target this year I have quite a bit.
    I used something similar to this last year. You have to be careful what you spray because it killed any grass that it got onto, in addition to the weeds. My recipe had vinegar, water, a bit of salt, a few drops of dish soap. It worked quite well. Just wish I had a larger spray bottle that had the stream setting.
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tulips!!
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Daylilies in my ghetto garden are in bloom Not sure what type these are but I've included a closeup in case there's any experts on this thread.... speaking of which... the second pic is a from a chunk I transplanted a few weeks ago.... if I deadhead them right away (before they get a chance to bloom further) will it give the plant a chance to get bigger but still bloom later ? (I know some daylilies will re-bloom if you're consistend about deadheading)

Name:  IMG_3259.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  149.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_3260.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  106.6 KB
    anisa and GoJays like this.

MY WISHLIST

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

They are Irises and won't bloom again but they are beautiful. Although if you cut off the flower you may get only a handful of flowers in the fall. I have not though. Might depend on the variety

One way to tell daylilies from Irises before they bloom is the leaves of Irises are usually stiff and pointy while the daylilies flop over
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Sun, May 25th, 2014 at 11:17 AM.
    GoJays likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am guessing they are dwarf irises as I have not seen any other in bloom in my neighborhood yet.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

They are Irises and won't bloom again but they are beautiful.

One way to tell daylilies from Irises before they bloom is the leaves of Irises are usually stiff and pointy while the daylilies flop over
    Really ? I'll have to google dwarf irises then... the neighbor who gave me 1 was the one that said they were daylillies... my irises are sooooo much taller

ETA: Wait Patty, are you sure you don't have it backwards ? Because if you look at the first pic, on the right hand side... the taller plant with flopping leaves... that's one of my Paul black irises
    Last edited by Tbites; Sun, May 25th, 2014 at 11:21 AM.

MY WISHLIST

Page 80 of 149 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast

Thread Information