User Tag List

Page 182 of 226 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3377
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You are all warriors! Great work, waging your own battle of the bulge!

I have no idea where I am, but now with my cast off and this brace on instead, if I could balance on one foot on the scale, I may be tempted to weigh myself. I do know I haven't gained, so that's good.
    My hubby is a wonderful cook, but I'm not in charge of calorie counts, so I devour what he makes. For instance, this evening he made an absolutely amazing, cold Greek pasta dish...pasta? Yikes! But it was SO yummy....with spiral pasta, whole kalamata olives, green onions, diced genoa, feta, red and yellow pepper strips, fresh mushrooms, all in a red wine vinegar, mirin dressing......OMG!! Actually he prepared it last night, so everything melded together so beautifully...I could eat it every day! But pasta......haven't had any around here in months! And he's been buying me my mint ice-cream! Honestly....how can I say no?!

Keep up the work you're doing , Ladies....if I ever do try standing on the scale on one foot, I'll report in, but my balance is pretty bad lately....or...I'm chicken. Not exactly sure which....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jun 25th, 2014 at 10:50 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

He sounds like a keeper that DH of yours - Lynn What's mirin dressing btw? I've picked up similar ingredients to make an orzo pasta salad this weekend (olives, artichokes, tomato, feta and peppers )... just haven't decided on the dressing yet...the easy one would be the kraft mango chipotle although I usually make dressings from scratch

For my weight loss programme I started off with a more intense fitness program - but found that during May I lost next to nothing ... so back to portion control first and then add in the extra fitness stuff later.... down about 3 lbs - another 22 to go ... Using MFP for keeping a journal of what I'm eating (so I don't fool myself into thinking I ate less than I did) .... But happy about my progress this last two weeks ...

Found that I eat better if I have "planned" healthy snacks in my drawer at work - like "on the go fusion" - found it at SDM $1 /pack (mix of nuts / berries) ... Clover Leaf Tuna Salad kit etc
    Hope to find some other options that are good protein wise and not to high in sodium or sugar... and I've been packing a salad with protein for most lunches ....

Nice to read all of your stories and updates
    Last edited by dahliagrower; Wed, Jun 25th, 2014 at 11:05 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes, Dahlia, it'll be our 44th Anniversary tomorrow...it's been an easy life with him...

Oh, you're so right about writing down everything you eat and nibble during the day; it's a real eye-opener how many calories we're actually taking in! I lost 50 lbs last year simply doing Weight Watchers on line (the info is out there, you don't have to pay anything to find out) and didn't do a lick of exercise because of my arthritis and fibromyalgia, although I did walk, once or twice a week, but not that far, either. Exercise tones, burns some calories, but I firmly believe it's what we put on our forks that really makes the difference. It worked for me...

I just asked my hubby what he put in the dressing: olive oil, red wine vinegar, a little dash of mirin ( rice wine vinegar, I think, but it has some sweetness, which we love in dressings; you can find it where other vinegars are sold, or just put a bit of sugar), garlic powder, basil, oregano, parsley. You mentioned tomatoes....I forgot about them...he also halved cherry tomatoes into the salad.
    hope you try the dressing...so simple, but yummy!

Wishing you all a very successful and happy day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Jilian is leaving the Biggest Loser. No surprise after last year's winner turned up anorexic at the finals.

http://ca.eonline.com/news/554331/ji...ook-na-eonline
    Lynn49 and bobbiegirl2010 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Jilian is leaving the Biggest Loser. No surprise after last year's winner turned up anorexic at the finals.

http://ca.eonline.com/news/554331/ji...ook-na-eonline
    Hm. Okay, I'll buy that Jillian wasn't aware of her anorexia, but was Bob her trainer? Was he aware of it? What I don't know, is whether this anorexia happened in the months following BL or was it evident when she appeared on the finale? I didn't pay much attention to the finale because I knew she'd win and she was never one of my favourites....sore loser, lol.

So....was she verging on anorexia ON the show finale, or did she continue to lose weight on her own after the show and get herself into this trouble?
    Does anyone know?
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Jun 26th, 2014 at 09:28 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hm. Okay, I'll buy that Jillian wasn't aware of her anorexia, but was Bob her trainer? Was he aware of it? What I don't know, is whether this anorexia happened in the months following BL or was it evident when she appeared on the finale? I didn't pay much attention to the finale because I knew she'd win and she was never one of my favourites....sore loser, lol.

So....was she verging on anorexia ON the show finale, or did she continue to lose weight on her own after the show and get herself into this trouble?
    Does anyone know?
    Well I believe she was anorexic on the final show but i really do think Bob and Gillian did not now. They don't see the players for 3 months after they leave the ranch.

That being said I did not watch last year but I did happen to catch the finale.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Well I believe she was anorexic on the final show but i really do think Bob and Gillian did not now. They don't see the players for 3 months after they leave the ranch.

That being said I did not watch last year but I did happen to catch the finale.
    Amazing that someone can go from obese to anorexic ... Although I don't know how long they're exactly on the show before they leave for home.

What bothers me the most, however, is that doctor! He's supposed to be monitoring the contestants' well-being; where was he when she was wasting away?! I'm guessing he was told to keep his opinions to himself unless it was an obvious injury; if he's back this year, he's absolutely in it for the cash, and not for the welfare of the contestants!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Jillian blames Dolvet....and says the contestants are not properly monitored..
    http://www.examiner.com/article/jill...for-third-time
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Is anyone following the Paleo diet?
    This article makes it look pretty attractive for weight-loss....
    http://www.examiner.com/article/robi...and-tim-mcgraw

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hi Lynn, I eat very similar to that now. I just refer to it as the " real food " diet or say I am eating clean now when anyone asks. I heard the name Paleo diet, but never really researched the nuts and bolts of it.
    Right off the bat though if you eliminate processed foods, starchy carbs and abstain from sweets weight loss better be the pay off! Hey I want to see you do that one-legged bathroom scale trick!! I have a feeling I stayed exactly the same this week. Probably because I'm still going from room to room trying to toss out and declutter the joint, less focus on prepping and really planning my meals properly.
    ROMEO and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Yes, Dahlia, it'll be our 44th Anniversary tomorrow...it's been an easy life with him...

Oh, you're so right about writing down everything you eat and nibble during the day; it's a real eye-opener how many calories we're actually taking in! I lost 50 lbs last year simply doing Weight Watchers on line (the info is out there, you don't have to pay anything to find out) and didn't do a lick of exercise because of my arthritis and fibromyalgia, although I did walk, once or twice a week, but not that far, either. Exercise tones, burns some calories, but I firmly believe it's what we put on our forks that really makes the difference. It worked for me...

I just asked my hubby what he put in the dressing: olive oil, red wine vinegar, a little dash of mirin ( rice wine vinegar, I think, but it has some sweetness, which we love in dressings; you can find it where other vinegars are sold, or just put a bit of sugar), garlic powder, basil, oregano, parsley. You mentioned tomatoes....I forgot about them...he also halved cherry tomatoes into the salad.

Thanks for the salad dressing lynn... and 44 years WOW - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TOMORROW!

That's so sweet that you would say that you've had a good life with him.... I've been married for 21 - together for about 5+ years before that --- can't say that DH is that "easy going" --- very type A - but we do work together well - most of it is that he is a very good communicator - lol

Still searching for other "easy snacks" that will keep in my desk or nearby so that I eat a snack and then not so much at mealtime! If anyone has other ideas I would be most appreciative to hear them

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Congrats on your anniversary. And diet is 80% and exercise is 20% (from what I've heard).
    Last edited by curt81; Fri, Jun 27th, 2014 at 01:07 AM.
    ROMEO, Patty Smyth and Lynn49 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry I haven't been updating on my weight loss as I haven't been doing anything about it. I've been maintaining around the 190 mark, but with me being on holidays now, I am going to start back up today. If I don't, I will be over 200 by the time I go back to work and I can't let that happen. I consistently gain 2 to 4 pounds every weekend.
    ROMEO, Patty Smyth, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Hi everyone,

I follow the Zone diet which is very similar to the Paleo diet too except that I eat dairy (plain yogurt, cheese) and grains are not recommended but can be eaten in small amounts. I'm all for eating clean and believe it works And I don't really exercise either and still lose weight (well as long as I'm eating clean that is lol).

I weighed myself yesterday and I'm down 1lb in 2 weeks. I haven't been eating as clean as I should which is slowing my weight loss down. My house is a disaster zone (in the middle of renovations right now while still open for home daycare) so I haven't had much time to focus on eating healthy I just have to survive today until 4:30 and then I'm off for 4 days yay

Have a good long wknd everyone
    ROMEO, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh bobbiegirl I hope enjoy every bit of your long weekend!! Congrats on the loss too. I was SHOCKED to see I had actually lost my 2 lbs this week!! So thrilled to have finally left the 80's!!! ( Lynn49 you know what I mean right? ) Good luck everyone on today's weigh in.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 182 of 226 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 ... LastLast

Thread Information