User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: QOTD: Fri Jul 25: Raging on the road...

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I now wish to add people who don't understand speed limit. It's either that or thier speedometer is back to front. They are prefectly happy to do 70 in a 50 zone but drop thier speed as soon as they enter a 70 zone.
    Andit, danger_dan, ticul and 2 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

And!
    Why are so many of them so suspicious of the motives of a green light that's been green enough for the 4 cars ahead of them, that they have to break when it's their turn?!
    Andit, danger_dan, ticul and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

-people that brake for no reason
    -people who honk at you when you are making a turn and waiting....are you the one that can see the cars//what is going on?! I will go when I feel its SAFE for me!
    -people that text or are distracted and don't pay attention to the road
    travelgeek, Andit, Natalka and 2 others like this.
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Today a car behind me couldn`t wait to pass. I had slowed a little for a sharp curve. He got just in front of me and stayed there for a couple kilometers then slams on the brakes, turns on his signal when he`s right at the road he`s turning onto. There are some idiots out there.
    Andit, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Those that signal at the last minute and the one that are veryyyyy slowwwwwww. I dont mine going slow but not slowwwww..............

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Jacka$$ that was supposed to merge INTO MY lane just forced his way in even though my car was parallel to him. I had the choice of slamming on my brakes and hope the car behind me didn't hit me. Or swerve into the oncoming traffic. So between honking on the Horn, swerving and some braking, I managed to avoid a crack-up. And this idiot just carried on like nothing was wrong. What makes it worse, the VERY SAME THING happened again on my way home! I am staying home for a few days just to avoid driving for awhile.
    travelgeek, Andit, Natalka and 3 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Dumbf**ks from the cross intersection turning right (on red) into your lane (which has a green light) and going very slow, thus forcing you to brake.

Don't get me started on the airport limos and taxis. I'm glad the new rail service starting next year from downtown to YYZ will put many of them out of business. As of now, I drive myself to the airport or take the ttc just to avoid patronizing them.
    Last edited by travelgeek; Fri, Jul 25th, 2014 at 11:42 PM.
    Andit, Natalka, danger_dan and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's a roundabout right near my house, so one of my regular pet peeves are drivers who don't understand what the yield signs mean that are not only posted at every entrance, but painted on the road. I swear they don't even look at what is in the circle. They just come on in!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People who drive slowly then speed up as you are passing them forcing you to go even faster then necessary.

People who overtake you then pull in right in front of you and slow down so you have to then overtake them. My cruise control is on ffs!!!
    Andit, danger_dan and wolfwoman like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Drivers in a hurry on a one lane road. They race past you and speed 10 or 20 km above the limit. You meet them 1 minute later at the red light, that you knew was there.

In a hurry to get to a red light
    Plus, I know where the police hide on their daily patrols. They catch someone speeding each day.
    Andit and danger_dan like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

People who decide that empty space is now a valid parking spot

People who park thier RVs between 2 rows of already parked cars but use thier 4 way flash lights to show it's temporary..

Peple who park thier RVs with a towed car across 2 rows of parking only to have thier towed car blocking the passing lane between the rows nd the entrance/exit
    Andit, danger_dan and wolfwoman like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

My biggest pet peeve are the cyclists who don't follow any rules. Stop signs and red lights apply to you too, dontchaknow. I've never had a near miss while crossing a street with a car, but the number of times I've been clipped by idiot cyclists....
    danger_dan likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

There is an alley behind my building. It used to lead to a main street, but now it's a dead end. The number of times I've seen idiots speed along to get to the street (through the fence) then panic because there's an actual barrier there...oh & even more fun when they then decide to park their car (to avoid paying) in front of the fire exit.

On the other hand, Lily dog has endless hours of fun looking out the window watching people park. It takes an average of 15 minutes to parallel park a Smart car in a space big enough for a limo. I wish I were joking.
    abbasgirl and danger_dan like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    On the other hand, Lily dog has endless hours of fun looking out the window watching people park. It takes an average of 15 minutes to parallel park a Smart car in a space big enough for a limo. I wish I were joking.
    I have my first hatch back and I can't parallel park that thing for the life of me! But I didn't think you even needed to parallel park a Smart car!
    Andit and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    I have my first hatch back and I can't parallel park that thing for the life of me! But I didn't think you even needed to parallel park a Smart car!
    Hence the hours of entertainment watching people trying to park cars.

Even more fun are the idiots that ignore the no parking signs and swear at you when you try to warn them. Somehow they never believe me when I tell them the police station is 5 minutes away.
    abbasgirl and danger_dan like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information