User Tag List

Page 72 of 193 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The new neighbour got a dump truck load of dirt today and the bobcat has been operating most of after noon. Bylaw says construction noise is to stop at 7pm. It's after 8pm and bobcat is still going...just like it did two months ago when work crew had finished and bobcat operator wanted to level the front yard into the evening hours...Guess that is why the house has two lions gracing the front of the house.
    ROMEO likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    DD actually FOUND a Frozen water bottle last night. (Someone had dropped it or just forgotten it, we guess.)
    I really don't know how this child does it..
    First world problem is: It looked new, but it weirds me out of it was used. Am I the only one??
    It would gross me out letting my child use a water bottle she found. But I know how kids are when they are obsessed with something that's near impossible to find, so it's a tough call. If you gave it a few runs through a dishwasher or cleaned it a few times with really hot soapy water it would kill any germs. Or if the top sprout comes off maybe you could find another top that fit it?
    ROMEO and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i had to go to 6 stores.. yes SIX stores to find an inflatable ring (or as my kid calls them.. water donut) for the lake on the weekend... i get that stores are bringing in school stuff already.. but to have to go to 6 different stores (regular stores dollar stores drug stores...) to FINALLY find one at save on foods
    If it makes you feel any better I had to to 2 Targets, a Carter's and 2 malls before I found my toddler a bathing suit in her size, and it was the only bathing suit in the Children's Place. I spent more money on gas hunting it down than I did on the 3.00 bathing suit.
    ROMEO likes this.

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I had a bunch of friends commit to helping me pack the house for the big move. One by one they've almost all backed out two days before packing day. I cannot do it as I am a single mom and still not completely healed from a car accident. One person remains that hasn't backed out but I've told them not to bother as it's going to be much more work than they anticipated.
    ROMEO likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We are getting our parking lot paved at work (yippee, it did not winter well and you had to pull in and make a tight left to not hit the broken up patch, but I will miss watching people run over our pylon, it was a long winter in the building industry) but the bad news is I have been fighting sinus pain and headache for 2 days and the smell is killing me. Not to mention my office sits in the parking lot (on of those portable office placed in front of the building) so it so noisy at times we cannot hear the customers on the phone and it keeps making our whole office vibrate. Pretty sure I will be out of advil cold & sinus by the end of the day.
    ROMEO, Ciel and Midnightly like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    If it makes you feel any better I had to to 2 Targets, a Carter's and 2 malls before I found my toddler a bathing suit in her size, and it was the only bathing suit in the Children's Place. I spent more money on gas hunting it down than I did on the 3.00 bathing suit.

sad thing is i probably did the same.. i realized i checked more then 6 places once i thought about it.. walmart, superstore,toys R us, pharmasave, two different dollar stores, london drugs (i'd say target too but i already knew they didn't have any) before finally ending up at save on foods
    Last edited by Midnightly; Fri, Aug 8th, 2014 at 07:22 AM.
    ROMEO likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    We are getting our parking lot paved at work (yippee, it did not winter well and you had to pull in and make a tight left to not hit the broken up patch, but I will miss watching people run over our pylon, it was a long winter in the building industry) but the bad news is I have been fighting sinus pain and headache for 2 days and the smell is killing me. Not to mention my office sits in the parking lot (on of those portable office placed in front of the building) so it so noisy at times we cannot hear the customers on the phone and it keeps making our whole office vibrate. Pretty sure I will be out of advil cold & sinus by the end of the day.
    oh i know the feeling.. they are doing seismic upgrades at the elementary school across the street... i have to constantly keep my windows shut due to the constant noise and dust when it gets breezy hopefully they get all the noisy crap done quickly then get into the more quiet work because they are going to be at it for all of the next school year (started in July all the way through till next august) annoyingly they just finished replacing all the pipes under the road and repaving it about 4ish months ago too which seemed to take forever! i'm waiting for the day where they finally get all the construction crap done (but i don't think that'll ever happen)
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live on a cul-de-sac. The next-door neighbours have two live-at-home sons in their twenties. Between the four of them, they have FIVE vehicles - and the fifth one is a Hummer which has been parked on the street in front of MY house (without moving) for 5 weeks now. Apparently son #1 bought it as a winter vehicle. So he's not going to be moving it until it snows. At which time, I fear he will plunk his "summer" car in the same spot and proceed to leave it there all winter, like he did last year with an old car that died in September and became a huge snowdrift that the snowplows went around all winter.

Like every other house on the block, they have their own attached double car garage with a double car driveway in front of it, so they have room to park four vehicles on their property plus one more on the street in front of their property. But no, for some reason the boys have to park their 3 extra cars on the street in front of everyone else's place. Which leaves no room for visitors or delivery people to park, or even for service vehicles to get in when needed.

I have my own garage and driveway, so I don't actually "need" the spot on the street in front of my house... and I know I don't "own" it...but I sure would like to be able to have some room for guests to be able to park there one or two nights of the year... and it would be nice to be able to look out my front window just once and see the actual view rather than a big honking Hummer.

OK, rant over.
    Last edited by lorken; Fri, Aug 8th, 2014 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Oops, meant to post this in the rants thread, sorry!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lorken View Post
    I live on a cul-de-sac. The next-door neighbours have two live-at-home sons in their twenties. Between the four of them, they have FIVE vehicles - and the fifth one is a Hummer which has been parked on the street in front of MY house (without moving) for 5 weeks now. Apparently son #1 bought it as a winter vehicle. So he's not going to be moving it until it snows. At which time, I fear he will plunk his "summer" car in the same spot and proceed to leave it there all winter, like he did last year with an old car that died in September and became a huge snowdrift that the snowplows went around all winter.

Like every other house on the block, they have their own attached double car garage with a double car driveway in front of it, so they have room to park four vehicles on their property plus one more on the street in front of their property. But no, for some reason the boys have to park their 3 extra cars on the street in front of everyone else's place. Which leaves no room for visitors or delivery people to park, or even for service vehicles to get in when needed.

I have my own garage and driveway, so I don't actually "need" the spot on the street in front of my house... and I know I don't "own" it...but I sure would like to be able to have some room for guests to be able to park there one or two nights of the year... and it would be nice to be able to look out my front window just once and see the actual view rather than a big honking Hummer.

OK, rant over.

Do you have any by-laws about parking?

Ours says vehicles cannot be at the end of a neighbors drive way (ie, is the Hummer that's parked outside your house across from someone else's driveway?).

We also cannot park on the road at night during winter (I think it's October 1 - March 1).

I'd call the bylaw office and see if anything can be done.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Ciel, GoJays and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

housefull of food in cupboards, freezer and fridge(s), and I do not feel like cooking but I want to eat something, lol!!!
    Ciel, GoJays, Lyssia510 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    housefull of food in cupboards, freezer and fridge(s), and I do not feel like cooking but I want to eat something, lol!!!
    I feel the same way! I'm seriously debating if goldfish crackers, pickles and cupcakes can be considered dinner.
    Ciel, walkonby, wolfwoman and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Needing to use the bathroom but I don't want to disturb the dog asleep on my lap
    kidsteph, emg, amira84 and 1 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    i have a freezer full of ice cream and waffles and i really have no interest in either yet i keep getting sucked in to buying more
    wolfwoman, amira84 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    we have found at least 10 different ninja turtles backpacks around here so thankfully we have a lot of options. we are debating between one with a lunch bag that can be attached/removed and one with a water bottle that looks nicer but we would probably have to order a ninja turtles lunch bag online because we haven't seen any around here.
    Check Sears if you have one close by. My location had 2 styles of TMNT lunch bags for $9.97 (each).

francine1985 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Check Sears if you have one close by. My location had 2 styles of TMNT lunch bags for $9.97 (each).

we found a nice ninja turtles bookbag at shoppers yesterday that has a pencil case attached (can be detached) and a lunchbag included for 19.99$ so we are planning to buy it next week when dh gets paid. it has one of the best designs of the ones weve seen (much nicer than the 2 we were debating between) it has 2 mesh pockets (one on each side) that will be perfect for a water bottle/thermos.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Page 72 of 193 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 ... LastLast

Thread Information