User Tag List

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: disability tax credit questions

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jgdmama View Post
    Just another question, how long after you did the tax adjustment online were you able to see it done online when logging in to your CRA account?
    Also, does this really make a big difference as far as the amount you get back? Just wondering cause tax credits don't usually make that big of a difference.
    We saw it as soon as it was done, which for us was 2 weeks exactly.
    And like said above it depends on income. We adjusted 9 years... One year we received an extra $4000 another 2 years we had no change... The others were anywhere inbetween
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4tsomething View Post
    I have been following this board with great interest, you have all been such a wonderful support without even knowing it The application (along with a request letter to adjust our taxes) for my son was mailed june 26, I received the letter from the CRA about the delay on Aug. 18. The same day as our psychologist received the questionnaire. She mailed it out on the 20th. Sept 5 my account online stated eligible 2004-2014,... processing... On the 8th the cctb was for the next year was showing the increased benefit with two years retro credit as of Sept 19 (i think to be deposited in october) Today my account is showing the past ten years taxes as being reassessed. I just wanted to share my timeline. I also have a question about the retro cctb before the past two years, will that automatically be done when the taxes are reassessed? That is the one thing i can not seem to find in my account. Thank you to everyone, and good luck in your journeys
    you should receive a letter of approval and that states to write a letter to child tax department to have it adjusted to include more than the 2 previous years. If you. Call them (child tax specifically) you never wait long and they can give you the fax number. As far as I am aware they will NOT do it without you writing to request it.
    on that note I am on week 7 after writing that letter and still nothing other than it being received
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Breezymamaof3 View Post
    you should receive a letter of approval and that states to write a letter to child tax department to have it adjusted to include more than the 2 previous years. If you. Call them (child tax specifically) you never wait long and they can give you the fax number. As far as I am aware they will NOT do it without you writing to request it.
    on that note I am on week 7 after writing that letter and still nothing other than it being received

Thanks, i had included that request with the original letter for adjusting my taxes, perhaps it needs to be seperate. I think i will wait for the letter from cra.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should get the letter any day now. We included a letter with our application too, but apparently not the same. Just felt like a big circle
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just spoke with CRA. After I had done the 2009 taxes and couldnt do anymore (I hit submit instead of do another year) I had to fax a letter asking for the remaining years to be completed. He indicated that it could take 8 weeks to process ii because I had faxed the letter. he said i should have sent the request with the origanal application. I know better, this is not my first child approved for DTC. I did that last year with my older child and it was very fast. It was faxed 2 weeks ago tomorrow. 6 more weeks to go.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Breezymamaof3 View Post
    You should get the letter any day now. We included a letter with our application too, but apparently not the same. Just felt like a big circle

Thank you so much, that is exactly what happened. The letter of entitlement came today. I called the tax office and a very helpful agent told me just what you had. To fax a letter to request cdb back payments. He told me exactly what to put in the letter and gave me the fax number. He said there was a 4 week wait for processing right now and that it would not be processed in time for Oct. But should be ready for deposit with the Nov. payment.
    Our tax return reassessments were also completed today to be deposited Sept 22.
    thanks for all your help. It is really nice having an idea of what is happening behind the scenes.
    Hope your payment come quickly
    Breezymamaof3 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you so much, that is exactly what happened. The letter of entitlement came today. I called the tax office and a very helpful agent told me just what you had. To fax a letter to request cdb back payments. He told me exactly what to put in the letter and gave me the fax number. He said there was a 4 week wait for processing right now and that it would not be processed in time for Oct. But should be ready for deposit with the Nov. payment.
    Our tax return reassessments were also completed today to be deposited Sept 22.
    thanks for all your help. It is really nice having an idea of what is happening behind the scenes.
    Hope your payment come quickly
    Hi, did cra tell you that the retro from the reassessments that were completed yesterday will be deposited for this month's ctb payment as my middle sons was completed on the 10th and it showed me the credit amount ad of Sept 19th but my ctb payment still showed the normal amount and when I called cra the agent told me that the normal amount would be deposited this month and next month the retro amount will be deposited along with the revised ctb amount....I'm not sure if it's because my other 2 children are now being reassessed...Every time you speak to someone else they give different information. So just wondering if the agent told you that since it was completed yesterday you will get your payment next week with the ctb?

Thanks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dainty3 View Post
    Hi, did cra tell you that the retro from the reassessments that were completed yesterday will be deposited for this month's ctb payment as my middle sons was completed on the 10th and it showed me the credit amount ad of Sept 19th but my ctb payment still showed the normal amount and when I called cra the agent told me that the normal amount would be deposited this month and next month the retro amount will be deposited along with the revised ctb amount....I'm not sure if it's because my other 2 children are now being reassessed...Every time you speak to someone else they give different information. So just wondering if the agent told you that since it was completed yesterday you will get your payment next week with the ctb?

Thanks
    the assessments that were completed yesterday were the tax reassessments, a separate thing from cdb. Tax reassessments are being deposited Sept 22 the automatic cdb retroactive is being deposited with Oct. Benefit payment. The previous years cdb that i faxed the letter about should be deposited with the Nov. payment. The way he explained it, it all made sense because cdb only gets deposited with the monthly payments, they have to be processed before the cut of date for payments for that month.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the assessments that were completed yesterday were the tax reassessments, a separate thing from cdb. Tax reassessments are being deposited Sept 22 the automatic cdb retroactive is being deposited with Oct. Benefit payment. The previous years cdb that i faxed the letter about should be deposited with the Nov. payment. The way he explained it, it all made sense because cdb only gets deposited with the monthly payments, they have to be processed before the cut of date for payments for that month.
    I'm lost sorry it maybe the this cold I'm getting...I thought the tax reassessments are the calculations from the cdb that is included with the ctb payments every 20th of the month??? As under my statement of account it has my credit balance of my cctb as of Sept 9th then further down it has another about as of September 19th so I'm confused as to when it will be deposited into my account and it shows the cdb underpayment amounts for the years my taxes was reassessed. This has been a long long process for me and I keep hearing conflicting information so just looking for a bit more clarification.

Thanks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm lost sorry it maybe the this cold I'm getting...I thought the tax reassessments are the calculations from the cdb that is included with the ctb payments every 20th of the month??? As under my statement of account it has my credit balance of my cctb as of Sept 9th then further down it has another about as of September 19th so I'm confused as to when it will be deposited into my account and it shows the cdb underpayment amounts for the years my taxes was reassessed. This has been a long long process for me and I keep hearing conflicting information so just looking for a bit more clarification.

Thanks
    The Disability Tax Credit (DTC) comes in the form of a non-refundable tax credit, it will reduce your yearly tax bill especially if you have income tax owing at the end of the year.
    The Child Disability Benefit (CDB) is part of the Canada Child Tax Benefit program (CCTB) it is an additional amount added to the regular entitlement.

two different payments
    both are retroactive but if going beyond the automatically adjusted two years you need to request them in writing.

hope that helps some.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks
    Mine is exactly the same, the first 2 years and some months was calcuated on Sept 9th and the credit for Sept 19th. However, under Benefits and Credits click the link "Information for <your name>" and it will tell the amount deposited Sept 19th. Mine has the regular CCTB that I usually get. So my guess that is that we get this calculated amount Oct 20th. And if we are lucky to get the remainer months calculated before the end of Sept we will get that Oct 20 too. Otherwise the second calculation will be Nov 20th

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you are entitled to an additional refund from your taxes being reassessed, it is usually deposited the Monday following the dates of reassessment. I did one year of tax reassessment, and when it was completed, I went in and checked my CRA account and it stated that the refund owing (recalculated amount) was to be deposited by direct deposit on Sept. 22nd.

Our retro amount for the CDB back to July 2012 is being deposited this Friday, Sept. 19th as part of the child tax benefit. You have to look at your "statement of account" to see what is being deposited.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by jgdmama; Tue, Sep 16th, 2014 at 01:32 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks everyone for the clarification. ...I guess @OttawaLori and myself are on the same time frame. They should be clearer and note on the statement of account that the credits will be deposited October 20 and not have September 19th as the credit date!!

Does anyone know the cut off date?

Thanks again for everyone's help!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jgdmama View Post
    If you are entitled to an additional refund from your taxes being reassessed, it is usually deposited the Monday following the dates of reassessment. I did one year of tax reassessment, and when it was completed, I went in and checked my CRA account and it stated that the refund owing (recalculated amount) was to be deposited by direct deposit on Sept. 22nd.

Our retro amount for the CDB back to July 2012 is being deposited this Friday, Sept. 19th as part of the child tax benefit. You have to look at your "statement of account" to see what is being deposited.

Hope this helps!
    My statement of account says credit of ....as of September 19th. .so I don't know if that amount is coming on Friday or not as the assessments for one child was done on Sept 9th.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My statement of account says credit of ....as of September 19th. .so I don't know if that amount is coming on Friday or not as the assessments for one child was done on Sept 9th.
    I think you wont get it till the Oct payment

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information