User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree301Likes

Thread: 2014 Christmas AA CLUB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Shoppers has one in flyer I think? Or the new one coming up. Bonus SDM pts. And great if you have SDM points to redeem. Walmart had one awhile ago for a deal. Maybe the deal is still on

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well, the outdoor lights are up. Front of the house is, anyway. Gotta say I prefer doing it this early. No snow, no slipping and falling, no freezing your fingers off and giving up halfway through. Almost all the lights on my house were free or dirt cheap (less than a dollar per strand). I have to leave the inflatables down for a while, but those are the next to go up.

Has anyone seen outdoor-use outlet splitters at Dollarama or something? I have a ton of extension cords, but I need more plugs available at different spots and only have one outlet and there is no way I'm paying $18 for another extension cord to do the same job.
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh speaking of Dollarama, I stopped in there looking for glitter and they had:
    -Actually kinda cute wire-style star tree toppers in 3 different styles, the $2.50 and $3 styles looked something like this:
    Name:  P1000719.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  95.9 KB

But with sparkles. They had silver, gold, and I think red. They're no Pottery Barn haute couture Christmas items, but they could look even nicer with a little doctoring. They're very similar to what I've seen at Target or Walmart for $15 and there was no way in HELL I was paying that. Will probably go back for one because my disco ball topper is probably going to be all kinds of tacky and I'll hate it.

-Stompers (extension cord with a click on, click off feature. AWESOME. Great for window displays too, click on and click off.)

-Little trees for Christmas Villages

Plenty more, but only half the stock was out and the aisle was kind of a mess. Still, it looks like we might be getting good quality stuff this year.
    bgheuchert likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-on the weekend bought for granddaughter
    v-tech zoo set price matched it from walmarts flyer at toysrus for 38.79-then I got airmiles
    -then I got her 2 books board books for babies at indigo for 15% off

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Bought Christmas gift cards at SDM to get point bonus. Since we implemented Christmas savings this year, we had money to do it for the first time! I would say the majority of my Christmas shopping is done now!!! Yippee!!!
    coupon girl and bgheuchert like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Am in Ottawa while dh is at conference, so I have been busy shopping. Bought mom a coat for 50% off so less than $100, bought my dad a spring coat at Eddie Bauer on clearance then 40% off so $36 reg $120. Bought dh assorted clothing at Eddie Bauer all on clearance and 40%off, bought dad a wrinkle resistant dress shirt reg $80 on sale $36... For mom to give dad. Got dear nephews who are 6'6" tall long sleeve shirts tall for 40%off. Bought my young niece and nephew shirts at Gymboree, on clearance then 30%off. They are sailing themed perfect for their Disney cruise in January. Plus bought myself a couple of Calvin Klein tops on clearance and 30%off. Happy with my purchases...getting closer.
    coupon girl likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah got 2 gift cards today -local spa one for daughter-in-law and home depot for my son

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

the tree is up and I started wrapping tonight, my gift stash in the closet will soon be gone and under the tree ready to be re-stocked.
    coupon girl and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We arent putting up our tree this year as Christmas is at my moms. I have 95% of my gifts wrapped
    bgheuchert likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I finally started wrapping. Will get sorting and hopefully finish up this weekend (besides the teen, still thinking on what to get)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Bought a shaver last week for FFIL for $20 after coupon with that 7500 pts per $20 spent in HBA.

I also got:
    Makeup for my sister, mom, and FSIL and (teehee) one for my mom to give me.
    Revlon nail polish, tweezers and nail files. One polish and one file each will be going to my Post Office coworkers, with a little tag that says "For your MistleToes". I got the idea off of pinterest, I think it's kinda cute.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Almost done! Have a couple more things to wrap then that is it! I think I wrapped about 60 gifts, plus about 80 stocking stuffers! Whew that was a lot of work. Went through about 7 rolls of tape and thank god for the dirt cheap wrap, boxes and bows from target last Christmas. Still have lots of wrap left but will gave to stock up again on boxes.i thought I bought way more boxes than I needed, but used most of them up...I guess cause hardly anybody gives out boxes these days. Now for the baking, haven't done any, butter is thawing so today is the day. Not doing much as I end up eating it all and we are not hosting at all this year!
    thriftygranny likes this.

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Name:  Dec 17 2014 024.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  50.0 KB
    Made these hats as a joke for a couple of family members for Christmas.
    I don't expect them to be worn but thought they would get a laugh.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I love them!
    dreamcatcher1962 likes this.

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I love them!
    Thanks
    I'm pretty happy with how they turned out and they weren't that hard to make either.
    bgheuchert likes this.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information