User Tag List

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree633Likes

Thread: *SUPER Spend Your Points Event* - Sat & Sun Nov 29 & 30

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did one redemption. Food for a food bank/Christmas hamper, Christmas gifts, chocolates, grocery items for myself and a few cosmetic items. Only did one redemption ($210).

Wise Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I never really believed in Secret Santa but now I do, his alias name is poobah:

Dear Secret Santa,

I have been very good this year and a little bit naughty. I'm hoping for a Samsung Galaxy and understand you have stockings full of points to share and spend. Here's hoping I'm on your good or bad list, I'm not fussy.

Cheers,
    Santa (poobah) believer!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thor9 View Post

Dear Secret Santa,

I have been very good this year and a little bit naughty. I'm hoping for a Samsung Galaxy and understand you have stockings full of points to share and spend. Here's hoping I'm on your good or bad list, I'm not fussy.

Cheers,
    Santa (poobah) believer!

lol. Include me too in your good people list, poobah.
    thor9, sdddmd and Poobah like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Wow that is a very generous gesture we shall call him Saint @Poobah
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just redeemed once for $210.00 (Paid $18 for tax out of pocket) Will save my points for a January stock up. Think I did well:
    Eggs
    milk
    crackers
    yogurt
    lip gloss
    macara
    cologne sample pack
    2 SONY alarm clocks (SCOP- Rang in wrg price)
    Steak (will be a nice weekend treat on bbq with kids 2 dinners )
    Lean ground beef
    Chocolate for a few gifts
    case of pop
    toilet paper
    Kleenex
    chips and smartfood
    That's all I can think of.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I just redeemed once for $210.00 (Paid $18 for tax out of pocket) Will save my points for a January stock up. Think I did well:
    Eggs
    milk
    crackers
    yogurt
    lip gloss
    macara
    cologne sample pack
    2 SONY alarm clocks (SCOP- Rang in wrg price)
    Steak (will be a nice weekend treat on bbq with kids 2 dinners )
    Lean ground beef
    Chocolate for a few gifts
    case of pop
    toilet paper
    Kleenex
    chips and smartfood
    That's all I can think of.
    Steak? and lean ground beef? Awesome. Fresh or frozen?
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I did two redemption at the $105.00 level because of a black Friday special.

#1 - Two Benefit Christmas Tins (approx $210 in product value ) $100 Retail + $60 Stilla Palette (manager special: 20% off, plus this shoppers started the bonus redemption on Friday and had a special $20 off $100 purchase for Black Friday) I paid approx $37 OOP taxes inc.

#2 - Grocery items and $50 Stilla Palette - Paid $27.70 OOP taxes inc. I was wanting to do more groceries on this trip, but the store didn't have a great selection left when I got there on Saturday afternoon, so I purchased a Stilla palette for my DSIL

Pretty happy since I find this makeup rarely goes on sale, and the Christmas tins are such a great value
    Last edited by beckie.c; Mon, Dec 1st, 2014 at 02:06 PM.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
    Step 1.

Have a family (the bigger the better)

Step 2.

Join Optimum and sign up for email offers.

Step 3.

Get a Shoppers Optimum Mastercard.

Step 4.

Always load up shoppers gift cards with your Optimum Mastercard, before each purchase. (earn more points for nothing)

Step 5.

Try not to buy stuff on a whim... The damage is 2 fold. First off just stick to you guns and to the plan, SALE SALE SALE and DO YOU REALLY NEED IT should be your motto. Secondly, if you buy something that you don't use frequently then your going to get personallized offers for stuff that is generally useless to you. You really want your offers to count. Like 800 points on milk, or 3000 points on 10 bucks worth of paper products. Or 8000 points on food and snacks etc. (which really makes me wonder why I got an offer on baby food and NIpple replacements this weekend... lol)

Step 6a

Buy crap loads of foods and snacks for the kids, and drink boxes and pop, granola bars, cookies, frozen pizza and other assorted food items... But only buy them when they are at the sale prices. (similar to any stores sale price or better in some cases)... I should mention, you can buy good sale price items too, like eggs, and milk, and bread, and OH watch out for clearance items.

Step 6b

In addition to 6B, only shop on days where you get 18500 points on spending 75. And then be careful only to spend just the minimum to reach 75 dollars before tax... If buying big ticket items, over the treshold of 95 dollars, then be sure to use a 20x points promotion.

Step 6c

In addition to 6a and 6b... Always try to use personalize coupons that net you more points on items you already buy. Related to Part 5. lol

Step 7

Repeat at every opportunity, and be sure to buy a Bigger Freezer... Taking a break occasionally to let stocks dwindle.

haha

Good luck!
    In regards to buying crap loads of food and snacks for the kids...... don't forget to hide it or it will be gone in no time!!
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thor9 View Post

Dear Secret Santa,

Cheers,
    Santa (poobah) believer!
    Lol, I read this last night and had a good chuckle. I was trying to sleep at the time, and the naughty bit well was interesting until I read your name.

But yes.. Your getting a rep'd for your efforts.

HO Ho ho... (lol.. don't even.)

Poobah
    Last edited by Poobah; Mon, Dec 1st, 2014 at 01:58 PM.
    thor9 and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    lol. Include me too in your good people list, poobah.
    No worries! You may get counted twice!
    amira84 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did 4.5 redemptions over the last week,

Trans 1 - Electronics Sale Weekend, Seagate backup drive and Sony Sound Bar

Trans 2 - Midweek, half a redemption to get items I didn't want to risk not getting on the Mega Redemption (Nintendo 3ds Pokemon Omega Rugy, Quo blending sponges and an advent calendar) and then added groceries all on sale and using sdm and manufacturer coupons

Trans 3 - Benefit and Stila cosmetics and Clinique skin care

Trans 4 - Smashbox and Clinique cosmetics, Korres Body Butter, Quo brush cleaner, reading glasses, magazines, old spice, lindor chocolates and a pile of groceries on sale (with 8k back for skin care)

Trans 5 - Smashbox, Dior and Stila cosmetics with $16 in groceries.

Between Shoppers, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I'm almost done for Christmas. I have 2.5 redemptions left, may use another half before Christmas, especiallly if I find meat like Frugalbigmamma
    Last edited by maple7; Mon, Dec 1st, 2014 at 06:21 PM.
    costybex, engo, redhdlois and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Dh and I did 3 & 1/2 redemptions this weekend - but just wanted to mention that 1 of the 3 Shoppers in our town (Bowmanville) sells the Cowboy steaks, burgers, sausages, chicken breasts, ground beef and peameal bacon. They have better selection through the summer and the price is definitely high but great items to redeem for or get points on!
    Pretty please with sugar on top, can you use my Swagbucks referral?
    swagbucks.com/refer/jaxflower

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

wow...clearly I am not working this points program too well. Took me *years* (and I am ashamed to say how many) to get to the 95k level. I didn't participate in this weekend's redemption because I was just too overwhelmed lol
    Will eventually need to spend my points before the program ends in 2016...someone help me spend my points!!!!
    amira84 and maple7 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    wow...clearly I am not working this points program too well. Took me *years* (and I am ashamed to say how many) to get to the 95k level. I didn't participate in this weekend's redemption because I was just too overwhelmed lol
    Will eventually need to spend my points before the program ends in 2016...someone help me spend my points!!!!
    You can transfer them to.me. I'll help you.

;-)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    Keep saving and earning Optimum points! Shoppers reserves the right to extend the program so I think it will continue past 2016....omg I hope so!! What will I do if it ends
    d.ot, amira84 and maple7 like this.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information