User Tag List

Page 259 of 654 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 257 258 259 260 261 269 309 359 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lecale-it's not just the DNA test. If the "thing" has led people to believe that someone is their child's father, even if he's not the biological parent (I've read of situations where a male has to contribute support even after a years-late DNA test supported his belief that one of the kids in the household was not his because he's deemed the child's father figure, hence reason enough to pay for child's support), he has to get this matter dealt with in court.

1)DNA testing matter (when I went to a college open house, I understood the gel testing method for DNA still takes a couple of weeks to do.). This is not going to be simple because of the legal and financial matters at stake. The test will likely cost something unless OHIP covers it (don't expect much). Ask lawyer how to handle this information if any or all of it has to become part of public record (or can it be sealed?).
    Also DH will his lawyer to get genetic results on the child's and child's mother.
    2) the restraining order (would this mean the member's DH cannot be in the same courtroom as well?)
    3) the costs incurred by "thing" in causing all of this to land on member's DH and their finances
    4) potential asset hits

And the FRO is specific about how documents/envelopes are addressed to it if being served notice in a case-if the specific wording is not on the paperwork/envie, one is wasting time/resources.
    Note: If you are sending correspondence to the FRO Legal Services Branch or serving court documents upon FRO

All documents must include “Legal Services Branch" on the envelope or the front of the document.

Otherwise, we won’t receive them.
    http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/pr...t/lawyers.aspx
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Jan 15th, 2015 at 01:23 PM.
    toronto166 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:19 AM.
    Candini and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    so sick right now. and i have a broken foot that is driving me crazy. to top it off the pressure form the cast rubbing on my toe cause my toenail to start growing into my toe. so i had to basically cut it open two days ago and remove the nail. so now my foot feels like it has its own heartbeat because of course i have a million things to run around and do on my broken foot. (ie exams, groceries, etc and i dont drive so im walking around to all these places in the frozen outside).... almost choked to death on my own mucus coughing this morning. and yesterday i was basically buried in my own shame because i was belittled to the point of nothingness by someone who is supposed to be there for me. there are also many other things which i cant really go into detail about because i cant type as a crying sobbing mess.

i feel like i am going to simply collapse. and to be perfectly honest, i dont think anyone would really care except the kids.

i guess ive reached a point where i feel completely helpless. I have no desire to eat sleep or do anything besides busywork because its the only thing keeping me from actually breaking down into a puddle of mush.

sorry. i needed to vent. and i keep getting messages from people saying uplifting and sweet things. im sorry i havent responded. i really think ive hit a point of depression that although im aware of it im clueless as to how to fix it. i do appreciate that people on here express concern and try to cheer me up. and im sorry for my lack of dialogue. (a couple of you should know this apology is directed right at you)
    I'm pming you
    seylz_gurl and Candini like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

It's possible that "that woman" adopted a kid from a previous relationship prior to meeting poster's husband. Either way, regardless of her motive (trying to hurt, really need financial assistance) it's not right to have someone else pay for her kid after the relationship ended. Especially, when that person has biologically child(ren) to take care off. If poster's husband formally adopted that kid while in a relationship with her then he's liable for child support. Some men lies and cheat and women too.
    Candini likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

He called FRO the next day and he had to go down to the court where the papers were filed and they told him that he needed a lawyer to handle his case.
    Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I am under the impression that the testing is free - contact the FRO. It is a saliva-based test, so no blood draw or anything like that. You should be able to get this resolved with the FRO for free (unless DH is the baby daddy...if DH doesn't want to RUN to the FRO now, and get this cleared up, he may already know he's the daddy.)
    Thank you for your words. I hope so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwala View Post
    @Cata. I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I understand that it will keep bothering you until it is cleared up, even when you know you are in right. Hope it gets sorted soon.

I was thinking of a way to stop her from ever bothering us again and I think you are right, restraining order will have to do and yes, cannot wait to sue her for all the expenses if any are incurred. And then again if she is receiving social assistance then I am not sure it will be possible. And I just had to chuckle at you quoting me when I call her "thing".

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    There's more to do than a DNA test. If your husband has nothing to do with the kid, you guys need to file a restraining order against that "thing" and also bring her to court, sue her for all the expense (DNA testing, lawyer fees, time off work, travel expense ect).

I agree a 10000000000% with you . Men will lie and take it to the grave. I would never put my hands in the fire for anybody, not even my husband.
    And this is not the first time this "thing" has tried to get him in trouble with the law.

...and if hubby is the baby daddy, he will have to pay, because it is his responsibility to support ALL of his children. If the mother has had to turn to social assistance, the government forces her to apply to the FRO to get child support (which will be deducted from social assistance). So perhaps she never would have bothered with your hubby at all if the government didn't force her hand. The answer is to go to the FRO and have DNA testing done. DNA doesn't lie, but men...that's a different story, especially when they are trying to get out of 18 years of monthly payments. Until you see DNA results, I would hesitate to pick a side.

Yes I read that even if he's not the biological father , but he was there in place of one, he might have to pay. But when they were together, there was never a child involved, his or not his ( this is what husband tells me) . And yes very complicated matter,ughhh no wonder I failed law in college.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @lecale-it's not just the DNA test. If the "thing" has led people to believe that someone is their child's father, even if he's not the biological parent (I've read of situations where a male has to contribute support even after a years-late DNA test supported his belief that one of the kids in the household was not his because he's deemed the child's father figure, hence reason enough to pay for child's support), he has to get this matter dealt with in court.

1)DNA testing matter (when I went to a college open house, I understood the gel testing method for DNA still takes a couple of weeks to do.). This is not going to be simple because of the legal and financial matters at stake. The test will likely cost something unless OHIP covers it (don't expect much). Ask lawyer how to handle this information if any or all of it has to become part of public record (or can it be sealed?).
    Also DH will his lawyer to get genetic results on the child's and child's mother.
    2) the restraining order (would this mean the member's DH cannot be in the same courtroom as well?)
    3) the costs incurred by "thing" in causing all of this to land on member's DH and their finances
    4) potential asset hits

And the FRO is specific about how documents/envelopes are addressed to it if being served notice in a case-if the specific wording is not on the paperwork/envie, one is wasting time/resources.

http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/pr...t/lawyers.aspx

You know I really would love to know what ghost kid "thing" is bringing up to do the DNA test. Husband is really not on top of things or inquisitive enough for my liking and I really wish I could be there when he is dealing with all these matters but unfortunately is not possible . Is there such a thing as a "maternity test" ? And again, I would not put my hands in the fire for anybody and until the test comes back , then I'll just have to keep playing this whole situation in ma head till I get another migraine.

Well we don't know the story. "since he disputing paternity now he has to pay for DNA test" on "a bloody kid that does not exist ( not his kid and not even hers, cause this "thing" has never given birth)"

Does not add up. DNA testing a kid that does not exist?

All I can say is when a guy tells you "the first I heard about it was when they garnisheed my wages", he's lying.
    toronto166 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:18 AM.
    Candini, thriftygranny and Cata like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I somehow broke the kitchen tap, the weather is crappy, the dogs ate my slippers and Jaeger is trying to hump me!
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Is there such thing as bogus tracking number bc BTR sent me an email notification of shipment...doesn't link to carrier site so I tried the tracking number on Purolator, CP, DHL and Fedex...none worked.

Cineplex haven't give me a reply about an order that was sent out prior to X-mas that I still haven't received. Want to give up online shopping after this. So not worth it.

Note to self never buy low rise PJ pants again...bought some from Old Navy and Mark works wear house and they are so uncomfortable...shrink even more after washing.
    Last edited by Decaf; Thu, Jan 15th, 2015 at 07:37 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

^ try ups?
    Ciel, macw1960 and Decaf like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I somehow broke the kitchen tap, the weather is crappy, the dogs ate my slippers and Jaeger is trying to hump me!
    OMG,I needed a good laugh tonight and you provided just that Wolfie!! LOL! LOL! LOL!
    Last edited by toronto166; Thu, Jan 15th, 2015 at 08:19 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

dammit! my kid has discovered she now likes pizza! now i have to share!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

^ try ups?
    I tried UPS too, just forgot to mention it. Now I have to sit and wait a few days, if not arrived will send an inquiry email.
    Seriously hate online shopping. These are what I have to deal with since December.

1 lost shipment (refunded, had to deal with CP, merchant and CC company)
    1 have not arrived shipment (dealing with it)
    1 short shipped (partial refund after phone call and email)
    1 wrong item shipped (exchanged to correct item, wasted another 2 days)
    1 bogus tracking number? (potential problem)
    1 sender did not provide complete address (corrected and delivered)
    macw1960 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

macw1960, Decaf, Candini and 1 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Emailing companies is useless. They don't read the email and give dumb responses that don't answer the question asked. What a waste of time. At least when you phone they cannot just say something stupid and hit send.

Oh and BTR ships Canada Post. Though I have gotten some good items from them, they are yet another company with useless email responders. I emailed them about a round item that was listed as 10" W x 1.25" L x 10" H. I emailed them that that must be wrong since the item is round, but got back an email that said exactly what was wrongly posted on the page - word for word like all they did was copy/paste. How annoying.
    Last edited by BC Gal; Fri, Jan 16th, 2015 at 01:25 AM.
    Ciel, macw1960, Decaf and 1 others like this.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    LOL...sorry couldn't help it...Hope things improve for you.
    Ciel, wolfwoman and toronto166 like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Thread Information