User Tag List

Page 314 of 654 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 414 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

PS I saw on TV a gender reveal that had a few ladies , and they have an ultrasound tech come to your house and that's how its revealed. Plus cupcakes too

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Price Chopper refused my websaver.ca printable coupons, then I price-matched at Walmart and got to use the same coupons. Bad move, Price Chopper!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Some of you may know (from previous rants) that DD has been suffering from a sore hip for almost 3 weeks. Numerous trips and hours at the kids hospital.

Yesterday I took her in again and after 12 hours they found out she had an infection and needed emergency surgery to extract infected fluid and clean out the hip joint.

Waited for a OR and the kids orthopedic surgeon for 3 hours and she finally went into Surgery at 12am this morning. She was so exhausted and in such pain. Surgery ended at 3am.

She's now on morphine and antibiotics and will be in the hospital for at least 3 more days after today. If all is well she will be discharged with a pic line in her arm for 3 weeks of antibiotic treatments.

Pretty tired, stressed and peeved it didn't get caught sooner. They almost didn't catch is again yesterday because she wasn't presenting with the typical symptoms and it's super rare. The blood work showed huge increases since Tuesday (her last blood work) so they finally realized it was infected.

They had such a hard time getting blood work that both arms are bruised and she has the IV in her foot.

Feel so bad for her. She's hurting all over. Thank goodness for the morphine.

Doctors said this happens to something like 0.000001% of kids having hip problems.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lola, wowsers, so sorry your daughter had all this to go through, and still more... How old is she?
    Was it caused by staph? Did she have an injury?

Sure hoping that she heals quickly and well!

Hoping Mom is handling things okay, too! It must be terribly worrisome.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I hope she feels better soon. How awful. Especially for a kid
    Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Some of you may know (from previous rants) that DD has been suffering from a sore hip for almost 3 weeks. Numerous trips and hours at the kids hospital.

Yesterday I took her in again and after 12 hours they found out she had an infection and needed emergency surgery to extract infected fluid and clean out the hip joint.

Waited for a OR and the kids orthopedic surgeon for 3 hours and she finally went into Surgery at 12am this morning. She was so exhausted and in such pain. Surgery ended at 3am.

She's now on morphine and antibiotics and will be in the hospital for at least 3 more days after today. If all is well she will be discharged with a pic line in her arm for 3 weeks of antibiotic treatments.

Pretty tired, stressed and peeved it didn't get caught sooner. They almost didn't catch is again yesterday because she wasn't presenting with the typical symptoms and it's super rare. The blood work showed huge increases since Tuesday (her last blood work) so they finally realized it was infected.

They had such a hard time getting blood work that both arms are bruised and she has the IV in her foot.

Doctors said this happens to something like 0.000001% of kids having hip problems.

Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

(((HUGS)))
    Hope she feels better soon and you both get some rest!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@ Lola So sorry about what your daughter is going through. Hope she gets better soon. I know it must be very stressful.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Lola, wowsers, so sorry your daughter had all this to go through, and still more... How old is she?
    Was it caused by staph? Did she have an injury?

Sure hoping that she heals quickly and well!

Hoping Mom is handling things okay, too! It must be terribly worrisome.
    She is 6.

No injury. They thought it was something called Transient Sinovitis which just happens randomly in kids 3-10 but they found out the hip was actually infected.

They have no idea exactly why it happens. It's apparently very rare and can be caused by any infection (a cut, scrap, etc) forms in the blood stream and eventually pools and gets trap in the hip joint. I never knew such a thing could happen.

She's doing much better and is sleeping - first long length of sleep in over a week. I sent DH home to sleep and I'm staying at the hospital with her. Doctor is due to check in at 8pm so I'm hoping to sleep when he leaves as I've been up for over 36 hours now.

But we're all doing ok. Just happy they caught it and she's on the mend. Super scary stuff, especially for a 6 year old!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and concern! Feels good to just vent it out a bit. Still processing everything, I think I'm in shock, didn't know how bad it was. They said DD is quite the strong little trooper as she was probably in much more pain than she was letting on.

Natalka, ROMEO, wolfwoman and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

That's so scary! Wow hope she heals quick, hope you can get rest tonight

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Bargain Hunter Lola, I was wondering if that is what she had when you posted last week about her having a joint infection, my friends son had this happen a few years ago otherwise I had never heard of it and yes it it serious. I am so glad it was diagnosed and they treatment has started. She is in good hands and sending good thoughts your way.
    Natalka, ROMEO, toronto166 and 1 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Josh Duggar is NOT a victim nor is any-one attacking Christanity over his actions.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Sun, May 24th, 2015 at 11:40 PM. Reason: cos i can so speel...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

@bar gin_hunter_lola...hugs to your baby..hope she feels better soon
    toronto166 and dededi like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

She is 6.

No injury. They thought it was something called Transient Sinovitis which just happens randomly in kids 3-10 but they found out the hip was actually infected.

They have no idea exactly why it happens. It's apparently very rare and can be caused by any infection (a cut, scrap, etc) forms in the blood stream and eventually pools and gets trap in the hip joint. I never knew such a thing could happen.

She's doing much better and is sleeping - first long length of sleep in over a week. I sent DH home to sleep and I'm staying at the hospital with her. Doctor is due to check in at 8pm so I'm hoping to sleep when he leaves as I've been up for over 36 hours now.

But we're all doing ok. Just happy they caught it and she's on the mend. Super scary stuff, especially for a 6 year old!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and concern! Feels good to just vent it out a bit. Still processing everything, I think I'm in shock, didn't know how bad it was. They said DD is quite the strong little trooper as she was probably in much more pain than she was letting on.

Oh, she's still a little one at 6! (don't tell her I said that....)
    Scary for all of you, for sure - when something comes out of the blue, sheesh!

Lola, if you don't mind, I'll include her in my prayers - all positive thoughts to help her along a healing path.
    Big hugs to you!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Josh Duggar is NOT a victim nor is any-one attacking Christanity over his actions.
    Ugh I feel so sorry for those girls and how the whole thing was handled by their parents.
    I really hope the "counselling" Josh received helped him and his daughter(s) aren't at risk.
    toronto166 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@lola - Thinking of your little girl. Hope she's feeling better.

Thread Information