User Tag List

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    thanks! The link I used was just one I searched typing in " World Elite MC " I used your link instead and confirmed on the phone with them that there is in fact NO FEE.....so hooray to earning more PC points.
    I can't wait till I get the new card in my hot little hands. I see a post on my PC PTS showing the World Elite card (10pts) Maybe they posted that to start the activation lol

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Introducing the PC Financial® World Elite MasterCard®. It’s the newest addition to our family of no annual fee cards. With more premium benefits, plus the power to earn more PC® points in more places than ever before. Apply online by November 16, 2015 and get up to 50,000 PC points.*
    Please note: a minimum annual personal income of $70,000 or household income of $120,000 is required for this
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I share your sentiment. Dh likes to purge, it takes me more effort to do so. I really want both of us to go through our closet. Dh is running for MLA in our area, so he now has more dress clothes, etc. hanging in the closet, but he still has old stuff hanging in there that he doesn't wear. I need to rotate out my maternity shirts from the closet. I need to give my other maternity clothes one last wash before I box them up. I want to try and sell them next spring, when the twins are bigger. I don't plan on needing them again. I also have some items that I don't wear anymore, but don't know what to do with them. There are some clothing items that I have passed on to my younger brother (that dh wanted to just throw out) and some other stuff to my mom or younger sister. There are three different places in town that will accept clothing donations. I find it difficult to successfully sell adult clothing.
    I have this thing about selling stuff, it has to be worth my time to sell it. So generally unless I can get at least $20 for something I don't bother. Usually I just drop my clothes in a clothing donation bin. We also have this recycling depot in town that takes all kinds of stuff and sells them, the money is used to keep the center open and it is so fantastic that I donate a lot there (mostly household stuff) because I love being able to get rid of so many things in one place. Maternity clothes seem to sell but I hear you on adult clothing, unless it is Lululemon or something I find it harder to sell and not worth the effort and my time to earn a couple dollars. Also, I find I need to get something out of the house immediately or I will change my mind about getting rid of it so trying to sell stuff makes me second guess getting rid of it.
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, everyone! It's quite cool here - apparently that will be our whole week. Just hoping for bits of sun here and there!
    Blanching some corn to freeze - I keep thinking the next lot will be the last of the season, then we find some lovely cobs!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We bought corn at Walmart yesterday for 10 cents a cob! And it was the best we had all summer.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Introducing the PC Financial® World Elite MasterCard®. It’s the newest addition to our family of no annual fee cards. With more premium benefits, plus the power to earn more PC® points in more places than ever before. Apply online by November 16, 2015 and get up to 50,000 PC points.*
    Please note: a minimum annual personal income of $70,000 or household income of $120,000 is required for this
    I'm so disappointed that I don't qualify for this new card given the annual salary and/or combined income.

I don't get it if a person has good credit why disqualify them based on salary...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did you call? They may have an offer for the card on your account. I know someone who got it that doesn't make anything close to what they stated.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@sotypical and @Angela273 - if you have any good quality fabrics in some of the clothing from a couple of years ago, see if you have someone who can give them new looks or alterations so you can wear them when your youngsters are older. It's very hard to find good quality clothing in shops for womenswear. That is why I have a couple of community sales in mind for next spring based on good finds at this year's events.

Saturday-I made the summer herb pesto from the magazine and next time, it will be only basil and parmesan with less lemon juice. The mint is fighting with the flavours and the lemon juice is not helping. But the pesto is fine when warmed up for cooked pasta and today I had some pesto on a slice of bread for lunch.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    We bought corn at Walmart yesterday for 10 cents a cob! And it was the best we had all summer.
    Oy, I could only dream of that price, but I've heard of it before in the east.
    Here, 12/$4, pretty much the same as they have been all summer - just had two of them, a bit more mature, but still juicy and very good!

My second oldest sister just emailed me some photos, which she got from an older cousin of ours - he sent her a flash drive full. She just sent a few, because she says lots need light/dark correction - but they are the first I've seen of my great-great grandparents on my mom's side, and my three-times great-grandmother!

Plus there's a lovely photo of most of the cousins with my grandparents at their homestead - I'm the wee one sitting on the right side in that wagon or whatever it is. This was 1961.
    I didn't know my grandmother; she passed away when I was three or so, but I did get to know my grandfather.

Name:  berezFamCousins.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  57.1 KB

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The pesto recipe is not online (there's a similar one without the dill and chives, not that I used them).

However, the packet recipes are online so here you go:
    http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food...berfest-feast/
    http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food...cken-potatoes/
    @saundyl -the ginger snaps recipe will come in handy to give some variety to tea nights when it's colder. Thanks for sharing!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oy, I could only dream of that price, but I've heard of it before in the east.
    Here, 12/$4, pretty much the same as they have been all summer - just had two of them, a bit more mature, but still juicy and very good!

My second oldest sister just emailed me some photos, which she got from an older cousin of ours - he sent her a flash drive full. She just sent a few, because she says lots need light/dark correction - but they are the first I've seen of my great-great grandparents on my mom's side, and my three-times great-grandmother!

Plus there's a lovely photo of most of the cousins with my grandparents at their homestead - I'm the wee one sitting on the right side in that wagon or whatever it is. This was 1961.
    I didn't know my grandmother; she passed away when I was three or so, but I did get to know my grandfather.

Name:  berezFamCousins.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  57.1 KB
    The WM in Estevan had corn on the cob for 10c each when I went there yesterday. It might be worth checking.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I'm so disappointed that I don't qualify for this new card given the annual salary and/or combined income.

I don't get it if a person has good credit why disqualify them based on salary...
    We have the PC regular card and was offered this new card (which we accepted - who doesn't love more pts But we don't make near the salary stated but pay off our card each month

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Wow, got some pretty good deals this morning at the grocery store. Our little market always marks down the milk products when close to expiry. I bought:
    2L buttermilk .99
    4L organic milk .99
    1L organic half and half cream .99
    700g mozza cheese 2.50
    750g organic mango yogurt .99

Wish all my grocery bills were this low. We'll drink the milk soon enough. I'm using most of the buttermilk to make muffins. Not sure what to use the cream for yet - any ideas?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    We have the PC regular card and was offered this new card (which we accepted - who doesn't love more pts But we don't make near the salary stated but pay off our card each month
    How did you receive the offer, phone call, email? thanks @momof5boys

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

How did you receive the offer, phone call, email? thanks @momof5boys
    Via mail

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information