User Tag List

Page 112 of 193 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    She has a pair of 'huggie' hoops, but DD likes her character earrings and such. Like, the last one she lost was her school bus earrings (front and back earrings shaped like a school bus), that I let her wear for the first week of school.
    This girl doesn't do simple...:p

my daughter had a hair of hoops that said princess on them and she loved them! have you considered putting a plastic backing and the other backing on the earring? might be harder to fall out that way (my daughter's current earrings she's wearing are put on that way)

look into screw backs they are a tad more expensive because you have to buy them from a jewelery store (so gold earrings) but they do make them in cute styles... my daughter wore little pink elephants for about 2 and a half years and when i took those things out the posts were bent from so much wear and tear but the backings stayed on (i got them at michael hill jewelers)

the backing look something like this (you can get many designs and styles of earring with this style backing)
    Name:  screw_back_earrings.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  30.1 KB
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

bought buttons to work on my kidlet's jacket i made a month or so back.. and forgot to buy extra buttons for the pockets...

that and i have been avoiding finishing it because i haven't done buttons in probably 10+ years... and if i screw up there goes the whole jacket (the jacket that i sewed my finger while making pfft) but if i don't finish it.. it'll end up like other projects that have sat there for years just needing to be finished up that i've given up on (i literally have a big poofy dress in the closet that only needs the hem doing but i've never done the hem.. now it's probably too small in the waist for the kidlet to wear lol)
    lecale likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    bought buttons to work on my kidlet's jacket i made a month or so back.. and forgot to buy extra buttons for the pockets...

that and i have been avoiding finishing it because i haven't done buttons in probably 10+ years... and if i screw up there goes the whole jacket (the jacket that i sewed my finger while making pfft) but if i don't finish it.. it'll end up like other projects that have sat there for years just needing to be finished up that i've given up on (i literally have a big poofy dress in the closet that only needs the hem doing but i've never done the hem.. now it's probably too small in the waist for the kidlet to wear lol)
    I've done that...I once spent hours sewing fringes in wool fabric to make a western-fringed wool trench and with all the edges to finish, by the time I got to the hem I was so sick of the thing...

...it hung around for a year and then ended up with my aunt, who took it to the drycleaners, got it hemmed, and wore it every day.

DON'T GIVE IN! lol
    dahliagrower likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'll be back at the fabric store next Wednesday (i have 45 min to kill in the area anyways because kidlet has her class across the street) give me a zipper and i have no issues what so ever (though i've yet to do a fully set in zipper within the lining) but buttons... bah!

that and i still gotta do the wand pocket in my kidlet's potter costume and possibly shorten the sleeves
    lecale likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i'll be back at the fabric store next Wednesday (i have 45 min to kill in the area anyways because kidlet has her class across the street) give me a zipper and i have no issues what so ever (though i've yet to do a fully set in zipper within the lining) but buttons... bah!

that and i still gotta do the wand pocket in my kidlet's potter costume and possibly shorten the sleeves
    Reminds me I have to replace the pull on my partner's pool cue case...the fabric store is across the street. I haven't made it there yet because I think my fingers and patience are going to take some abuse on this project. I hear about it every day, yet somehow I forget...

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Reminds me I have to replace the pull on my partner's pool cue case...the fabric store is across the street. I haven't made it there yet because I think my fingers and patience are going to take some abuse on this project. I hear about it every day, yet somehow I forget...

ohh yes i know that well.. my daughter got a dress from auntie and it's been sitting on my counter for a month because i have to repair it before she can wear it again (sitches wern't secure so they are starting to come undone in a few areas) and ofcourse there is the dress hanging on the back of her door that got damaged in the wash that needs to have a third of the skirt stitched back on because of was made badly.. by the time i fix it it'll probably be to small pfft
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Midnightly
    I think her lobes might be 'fleshier' than usual, because I have to be very careful of the backs not slipping into her earring hole. The earrings with longer stems, I can put the plastic backing on, as well, but otherwise, nope.
    She has a bad habit of twisting her hair, which catches around the earring, which she then pulls out..

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    @Midnightly
    I think her lobes might be 'fleshier' than usual, because I have to be very careful of the backs not slipping into her earring hole. The earrings with longer stems, I can put the plastic backing on, as well, but otherwise, nope.
    She has a bad habit of twisting her hair, which catches around the earring, which she then pulls out..

then screw backs MIGHT wwork well for you.. because there's no amount of tugging she can do to the earring to make the back come off.. she would have to full on unscrew the back which isn't an easy thing to do when it's screwed tight and small fingers (it can only be screwed into a set depth) like i said my daughter wore a pair for years when she was young (toddler age probably from 1-4years old) and they NEVER fell out the posts were bent from her playing with them but never once did she lose her earrings the only flaw is i think they cost about $50 since they were gold earrings
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

All the new Fall fashions!!!! All the new boots!!! I have to purge my closet again, Uggg.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    All the new Fall fashions!!!! All the new boots!!! I have to purge my closet again, Uggg.
    I'm right with you on the boots!! Its the only thing that can help me say good bye to summer.... Oh I like scarves too. hehe But, I have to fold a giant hill of clothes and decide what I am parting with and what is getting tucked away for next summer. I am really dragging my ass in doing so but getting ready in the mornings has been a pain cuz all my fall stuff is way in the back.
    wolfwoman and Davetherave like this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh boy, can I relate to this! Num-bum is no fun. Try to take a break once in a while. Have a great week-end.
    Davetherave likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thanks DH for " sharing " your nasty tickle sore throat that turned into a nasty cough/cold for me and DS. ugh!!!!
    wolfwoman and Davetherave like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Oh no!! You too walker? Sheesh, cold season seems the worse than I remembered it last year.
    People are dropping like flies. I got plenty of rest and sweated it out with soups followed by Popsicles 3 Cold-Fx a day since Friday night with it set in. Saturday was the worst! Had no energy to do anything, took all my effort to go pick up soup or walk the dog, was feeling weak and breaking into sweat on my way back. Definitely on the mend though and just have a cough now. I should have it kicked in a couple more days.

Take it easy!!
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

p.s.~ Who had num-bum?
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I am guilty as well! Three new pairs in the last month....I must clean my closet!!!

Page 112 of 193 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast

Thread Information