User Tag List

Page 588 of 1582 FirstFirst ... 88 488 538 578 586 587 588 589 590 598 638 688 1088 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 23727
Like Tree139393Likes

Thread: WHAT is YOUR best deal this week?????

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Another brag time, and a mini rant...

No Frills (South Ajax):
    Orville Popcorn Bowls(2): $9.58 - PM(Blue Sky; $3.60 OFF) = $5.98
    Got 2,000 PC Points and redeemed for $20 in PC GC's immediately

FreshCo (Pickering):
    Barilla Pronto Pasta: $1.25 (SALE) - $1.00(Save.ca) = $0.25
    Tide Pods (14pk): $4.99 = $5.64(TAX) - $2.00(Smartsource) = $3.64
    TOTAL IN-STORE = $3.89 (Paid w/ GC won)
    $3.00 Back on CO51 for the pods

RCSS (Ajax):
    PC Tortilla Chips: $2.99 (Shelf $2.89) - SCOP = $0.38(TAX) (Now here comes the rant...)
    I haven't gotten SCOP many times before, these chips were a taxable item as per the receipt, BUT, I didn't realize that even with a SCOP'D item, you can STILL be charged tax on its price entered as. I don't know if they are wrong in doing that, or right. All I know is that it upsets me that we are suppose to get the item free (up to $10 of course), but they will still charge the tax on it.

No Name Potatoes (5lb): $1.48
    Rib Steak (2kg approx): $55.87 (200pts/$1 = 11,400pts [Apparently I spent $57 on steak?!])
    Choco Cake: $13.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah. How exactly is FREE taxed??
    ticul, agarla, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1cheapb*tch View Post
    Yeah. How exactly is FREE taxed??
    We've had this discussion before with the loblaws banner stores the scan code goes in similar to a coupon
    Ie. 5.99 ovaltine
    Scan code - $5.99
    Tax is calculated on the original price
    I find this with discounts (at sdm too)
    Ie. 3.99 milo
    - $2 managers sticker
    Tax is calculated on the 3.99

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Food 4 less Lindsay and Oshawa have Finish dishwasher cleaner advertised at $1.49. Price matched 6 at Walmart and used $2 coupon on each and applied $1.90 overage to the rest of my transaction.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  118.1 KB
    ROMEO, coupon girl, ticul and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Satur-deals:

2 strings of Christmas lights (multicolor with purple! Something I don't currently have), extension cord, food scale - $5.
    3-4 strings of multicolored Christmas lights - $2
    2 pieces French White corningware - 50c each!
    2 more matching french onion soup bowls to one I got two weeks ago - 50c for both
    1 large French White casserole dish with handles and lid - $2
    2 wiper blades - $1

Not a huge haul today, but a good one.

Question to all of you smartcanuckers; If you were to receive a Corning casserole dish full of something and were told to keep the dish (like how you keep a pot with flowers) would that be something that made you happy, or would you feel like it's clutter (like those vases you always get with gifted cut flowers that you never really have a use for)?

I've been thinking that if I can collect cheap-as-heck Corningware and clean it out with my BKF to look brand new, wouldn't it make a neat gift to be given a dish the giver doesn't expect back? Any thoughts on that?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Satur-deals:

2 strings of Christmas lights (multicolor with purple! Something I don't currently have), extension cord, food scale - $5.
    2 more matching french onion soup bowls to one I got two weeks ago - 50c for both
    2 wiper blades - $1

Question to all of you smartcanuckers; If you were to receive a Corning casserole dish full of something and were told to keep the dish (like how you keep a pot with flowers) would that be something that made you happy, or would you feel like it's clutter (like those vases you always get with gifted cut flowers that you never really have a use for)?

I've been thinking that if I can collect cheap-as-heck Corningware and clean it out with my BKF to look brand new, wouldn't it make a neat gift to be given a dish the giver doesn't expect back? Any thoughts on that?
    First, nice score. Some of your $0.50 deals start at $5.00 in store.

About your question, some people love Corning Ware. Some don't. Personally, if I received a gift of food or cooking items/utensils in a Corning Ware container, that would be nice.
    ROMEO, Chantel, ticul and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@Chantel just giving my 2c to your gifting question. I generally don't like to receive baked goods from strangers - I dont know what they put in their food or how they cook it (not going into detail here, but you can imagine). If it came from family or very close friends, then it would be a lovely gift.

Today's brag:
    Found a family size bottle of Purex (83 loads) for 5$ - 2$ coupon
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Yes, there are a few people in my circle that would be excited by this idea. Would be a nice touch to give the recipe away too so someone knows how to refill the dish

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Satur-deals:

2 wiper blades - $1

Great idea a dish can always be used unlike a vase or such

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

my best deal this week
    -joe boxer tight black briefs for hubby 1 in a pkg of 3 reg 44.99 I paid 5.99 for the pair
    -saved 10.00 at rexall from promo paid 1.29
    -long sleeve top for my granddaughter for xmas 2.40 at children's place

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We went out to Humpty's family restaurant for breakfast this morning. We had a successful garage sale yesterday, so I was going to use some of that cash to pay for our meal. A gentleman from the booth next to us, whom we don't really know, paid for our entire bill. Wow were we ever surprised. we both thanked him and so did our 3.5yr old son.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

My best deals this week:
    @Lob laws
    Dove body wash $2.99 - $1.50 peelie - $1.50 co51
    Live clean baby $3.99 - $2.50 wub 2 products

@ foodbasics
    Scrubbing bubbles $2.49 - $1 save coupon - $3 co51

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sunday garage sale deals:

-Kitchenaid convection countertop oven (retails $180-250) - $3! Needs a bit of cleaning, but works!
    -2 Zevro dry food dispensers (for cereal, nuts, etc. Online for $24-34 each) - 50c
    -Car cleaning kit for dad - $1
    -Bag of clothes and a fireplace-style heater - $10
    -Free cat stuff, including a tub of catnip, vet cat food and treats, etc. The lady who gave them to us said her cat just recently passed, and all the stuff is within date.
    -Scooby Doo tapestry-style blanket - 50c
    -Garlic peeler, the silicone tube kind that you roll the cloves in - 10c

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    @Chantel just giving my 2c to your gifting question. I generally don't like to receive baked goods from strangers - I dont know what they put in their food or how they cook it (not going into detail here, but you can imagine). If it came from family or very close friends, then it would be a lovely gift.
    Definitely not strangers! LOL. People I know of course! (I'm not aiming to be the casserole fairy here lol) I just wasn't sure if that was a thing 'real adults' liked receiving, since I'm not yet completely a real adult. I know a lot of people have a dozen or more vases at their garage sale and they always say they hate getting flower arrangements or other such gifts because they have no place for the vases that come with them.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

since I'm not yet completely a real adult.
    Exactly at what age do you start adulting? I`m nearing 30 and I still don`t feel like a real adult.
    Angela273, Lee03, ashoo and 5 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Exactly at what age do you start adulting? I`m nearing 30 and I still don`t feel like a real adult.
    I know a man nearing his late 60s who is a *massive* Disney fan. I'd say at least 75.

In the eyes of the law, I suppose it's the point where you can do something stupid and be old enough to be named in the newspaper. 18! My little nephew was shocked when I turned the geezer age of 18.

Thread Information