User Tag List

Page 1513 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 513 1013 1413 1463 1503 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1523 1563 1613 ... LastLast
Results 22,681 to 22,695 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning everyone
    DANGER

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

​I have lilacs on my kitchen table & they smell so heavenly.

Happy Thursday.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello every1. I'm finally home after a very long, but nice day.
    I hope each of you had a good one too.
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!

Today was Avon' s appointment s Day.

My shoulder has been hurting and it looks like I have inflamed rotator cuff muscles and tendons.

So physio, icing, avoiding irritating it and Voltarin and a to-inflammatories if my stomach can handle it.

Also the orthopaedic lady nixed 4 of the 5 pairs of shoes that I had ordered online- She also built me a nifty but ugly little toe-'re-aligning little contraption that I have wear at night. I am quite a sight when I am " ready- for- bed"

I have the opposite of a bunion- my left big toe makes a right turn - the orthopaedic surgeon called it "uniquely deformed." Ah well it's nice to be unique, I guess!

The Lady who builds orthotics had to literally rebuild a union- sling for the right foot to make it work(maybe) on my left foot.

She has a big old friendly lab who "works" with her - greeting customers if they'll let her and even hand licks! The Lady also has adopted a younger "Walker Hound" who is very skittish and is just learning to trust "strange people" - better known as her owners clients.

DH has his last chemo for a while tomorrow and his follow-up CT scan is s scheduled for next Friday. Then we'll know for sure if the chemo is helping kick back all the metastases in his liver, peritoneum and lung. He will have had 5 rounds of chemo.

If everything is positive, we are planning to drive to Denver at the end of June to help celebrate our grand-daughter's first birthday.

DH's son lives in Tampa so we are routing for the Tampa Bay Lightning to go forward to the Stanley Cup final but it is looking like Pittsburgh might win game 7 of the semi-finals.

Must go - early morning tomorrow.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning everyone.
    Going to be a hot and muggy one here today...supposed to get up into the 30s.

Hopefully it won't be this hot tomorrow for the Habitat for Humanity build day I'm doing...

Have a great weekend everyone
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Friday everyone.Name:  b362aa47ddb24cd262fc1369e9c1de39.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  16.3 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Good morning everyone.
    Going to be a hot and muggy one here today...supposed to get up into the 30s.

Hopefully it won't be this hot tomorrow for the Habitat for Humanity build day I'm doing...

Have a great weekend everyone
    Dan, how wonderful of you to volunteer to build!

Where the heck did this week go? The month, too? Oy!

Have a great day, everyone!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.

Boy Avon, you do have your hands full. Hopefully, that trip will work out. You both deserve it.

Dan, that's fantastic. Kudos for helping out with the build. Such a great cause.

I hope you all have a great day.

Name:  Fri, but w:end soon.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  38.2 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good fine morning, everyone!!!
    @danger_dan ....you're such a good man; I hope the weather holds out for the build..
    @avoncallingu ....what can I say, Sweetie?! You sure do have your hands full!! I just hope the weight of it all doesn't hurt your rotator cuff!
    Take good care, Dear Friend...

Today is 'packing up for another week at camp' day; we'd be leaving already if we didn't have our semi-annual dinner with DH's morning golf buddies and their wives this evening. We get together twice a year as a group: before they all go south for the winter, and when they return. DH surprised me by asking if I wanted to spend next February in Florida again next season...um...yep, probably...I miss Disneyworld!! We both do, actually!! I'm continuing to sew a top for myself and omgosh!! It's turning out perfectly, and I was so scared to "hem" that sheer fabric layer!! I'm taking my time now when I sew instead of just wanting to "get it done for tonight" and stuff like that...

SO!!! Everyone!! Have a wonderful weekend!! Looks like it might be a little drizzly on the island this weekend; good thing DH bought some new games: Trionimos (sp?), Clue (our grandson loves the game but just has a travel set), and Risk. Should be fun for all of us.

Take good care, stay safe!

Welllll.....mayyyyybeee...

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Enjoy the dinner tonight @Lynn49 , and the w/end @ the camp.
    I just love Florida. I wish I could go more often, but I will be going for 2 weeks the end of July.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Enjoy the dinner tonight @Lynn49, and the w/end @ the camp.
    I just love Florida. I wish I could go more often, but I will be going for 2 weeks the end of July.
    Good for you, @22hicks! Going with friends, family?

Truth be told, I can get bored there after a couple of weeks...I know that sounds peevish, but here, I have my sewing machine, crafting stuff...I suppose that if I planned properly, I could take my machine with me; the fabric prices there are SO much better than here!
    I must also admit, I miss Kohls, JCPenny, Steinmart...again, it's all about the sales and prices..

As for lilacs, ours are just starting to bloom, so I'm guessing by the time we get back they'll be ready to bring in and scent the house or they'll be done. Pooey.
    22hicks and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good fine morning, everyone!!!
    @danger_dan....you're such a good man; I hope the weather holds out for the build..
    @avoncallingu....what can I say, Sweetie?! You sure do have your hands full!! I just hope the weight of it all doesn't hurt your rotator cuff!
    Take good care, Dear Friend...

Today is 'packing up for another week at camp' day; we'd be leaving already if we didn't have our semi-annual dinner with DH's morning golf buddies and their wives this evening. We get together twice a year as a group: before they all go south for the winter, and when they return. DH surprised me by asking if I wanted to spend next February in Florida again next season...um...yep, probably...I miss Disneyworld!! We both do, actually!! I'm continuing to sew a top for myself and omgosh!! It's turning out perfectly, and I was so scared to "hem" that sheer fabric layer!! I'm taking my time now when I sew instead of just wanting to "get it done for tonight" and stuff like that...

SO!!! Everyone!! Have a wonderful weekend!! Looks like it might be a little drizzly on the island this weekend; good thing DH bought some new games: Trionimos (sp?), Clue (our grandson loves the game but just has a travel set), and Risk. Should be fun for all of us.

Take good care, stay safe!

Welllll.....mayyyyybeee...

Triominos (sp?) is what my new card group is playing- if we're talking about the same thing- It's fun and you don't have to really concentrate- so just right for me!

My friend who was coming for a girls' sleep-over on Sunday has had to have emergency surgery on a detached retina. The other woman has had some challenges come up, so we are going to 're-book.

I will have to call and cancel the reservation when we get back from the hospital. DH's last chemo today until at least July (pending his CT scan next Friday.)

YIPPEE!
    22hicks and dededi like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@avoncallingu , another coincidence? I think not. Our Grandson will love the game....I really dislike strategy games like Clue that he enjoys with my Hubby. Amof, I was just on the phone with our DD, ready to load our GS up from school and head to camp, and mentioned the Clue and Risk games and seems she and I are of the same mind: "Can you bring Sequence? I'm too tired to actually think this weekend."
    Which reminded me, I want to make a new board for Sequence...my eyesight isn't great and it takes me too long to find what I'm looking for on that board! I've seen people use a deck of cards, cutting them in half and duplicating the board...cool, eh?

And for your darlin' Hubby:
    22hicks, avoncallingu and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good for you, @22hicks! Going with friends, family?

Truth be told, I can get bored there after a couple of weeks...I know that sounds peevish, but here, I have my sewing machine, crafting stuff...I suppose that if I planned properly, I could take my machine with me; the fabric prices there are SO much better than here!
    I must also admit, I miss Kohls, JCPenny, Steinmart...again, it's all about the sales and prices..

As for lilacs, ours are just starting to bloom, so I'm guessing by the time we get back they'll be ready to bring in and scent the house or they'll be done. Pooey.
    At my old house, I had half a doz. lilac trees, but here, the previous owner, cut their's down.
    I miss them, but thankfully my neighbour has some.

I could never get bored in Florida, there's so much to do, and if you don't feel like doing anything, there's always the beach. I love deep sea fishing, snorkelling, playing in the ocean waves, etc. There's so many theme parks, I love Universal; the Everglades; aquatic rescue reserves, ...............

I'm going alone, and I don't know anyone in Florida. My late husband was a teacher, so when we bought our timeshare, it had to be in the summer, unfortunately. I own 5 weeks in a condo on the east coast in Ormond Beach, right next to Daytona. I'd love to go for longer periods, but no way I'm leaving Jake any longer than I am. I can't take him, it's not pet friendly, and no dogs are allowed on the Florida beaches.
    At that time of the year, being on the beach is a life saver. It's so very hot, you'd stifle inland.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Home from work but right back at 9am Saturday. Heard today that on June 3rd I'll get my first bonus of $150. Anway so embarrassed at work Thurs when I tripped and fell hard in front of 5 people lol damn that hurt. Today at work they had a BBQ for contractors. About 3-4 people showed up and had a couple burgers each. Manager also made me a couple burgers and I had a couple Pepsi. Purolator driver showed up to drop off a package and manager gave him a burger too.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Fri, May 27th, 2016 at 09:19 PM.

Thread Information