User Tag List

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2022Likes

Thread: September 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread - ALL Welcome!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Took DS to Walmart as he wanted to buy a GC for his Xbox. Came home and posted a bunch of clothing items for sale. Have a pick up at 4 so far! Porch pick up since I want to pop out in a bit. Set up a large portable table in my room to sort stuff and take pics and post.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm currently meal planning for the week. We have some plans in the evening 3 days this week. It is supposed to be between 14 and 22 for the high each day of the 10 day forecast. The company still hasn't sent people to check out our furnace that was flooded in our crawl space nearly 2 months ago and it's starting to cool for the fall. I plan on roasting an entire turkey on Tuesday, so we will be eating that in various forms. I will also strip and freeze part of the bird for future meals and make turkey dumpling soup later in the week. I'll need to bake and do some laundry tomorrow to try to keep the house warm.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahh left the house at 12.30 took an hour and a half to drive to toronto spent the day with my grown kids and their spouses and ashlyn -ahhh my daughter painted ashlyn's finger nails and ashlyn wanted to paint her dads and uncles toe nails so they let her so funny -then we all danced after the bbq -all of us girls to Rihanna new song -even my 9 month pregnant daughter got up and wiggle a little -of course I cried when I hugged her to leave and said have a great delivery next time we come will be to see that new baby boy grandson
    -just got in now and a bit tired

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I took advantage of the pasta sauce offer FBM pointed out, 12 jars of pasta and 200 AM earned. 9 of the jars are tardy to go to a friends house with the cheap pasta. From NF and happily all the packages are still 900 g. I also bought the Google play gift card for a 50 AM bonus.
    The older teen and I drove to my parents today, traffic was brutal but it was worth it. I grew up in a small town and all my family is still there. My dad is not well so lots of the parents siblings drop in to check in. So in one afternoon the teen was able to spend time with his grandparents 3 great aunts and three great uncles and a second cousin that is close to him in age. I do often miss this, but it's the reality of living in the city. Someday we are leaving and will return to SW Ontario.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Had a bad day with my back, so the beautiful day slipped by some I watched the Blue Jays finally win. Isaw Walkonby on TV at the gamewithout realizing it was her. Dh's son was at the same game with his dog as it was dog day at the park.
    Dh went shopping and replenished our milk and peaches (yum!) And some other things.
    I got a small tip in with my fee for the wedding I performed yesterday and met a couple I will marry in October.

This week my name will be added to the roster of London officiants so we'll see how many weddings I get booked for the fall.

So today was very frugal as I hardly got out of bed and had leftovers for supper.

38,000 students will be moving in to town this week as University gets ready to start.

The outdoor patios downtown were really rocking as we drove back in to town last night.

I am getting tired so I should bid you all good night.

Sweet Sparrow, I am sorry to hear about your family trouble and hope for the best care for your dear one.

Good luck to all of you who are preparing for the next school bell.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.
    I am happy to report my family room is all painted, including the removal of the popcorn ceiling and painting of said ceiling. it looks so much better. we will be doing the floor next month.. for now... a good cleaning, and yea... we can live with it.

I am working on using up some of my yarn stash, so knitted dishcloths are first up.
    then I am making some draft dodgers. I have a few spots to use them, and I am tad concerned about the winter coming up....
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well woke up with a sore throat and bit of a fever -so took oil or oregano and went back to bed -I guess I am run down a bit
    -hope to feel better Wednesday as I babysit ashlyn and don't want to be sick when the new baby grandson comes
    -so trying to just chill and read a book today

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

What a day and it's only 1. At 8 am I woke to the sound of a scream. Logan had dropped a monitor on his foot. So off to the hospital we went. 4 hours and an x-Ray later and we know it's not broken. Thank goodness as fall lacrosse starts next week.
    So everything I planned to do was delayed included laundry. I am going to appreciate the heat today as I expect I will be able to get the towels dry before the sun leaves the yard.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lilo0003 glad Logan's food is okay
    @coupon girl that grandson will be here soon
    @sweet sparrow I hope everyone gets answers re your MIL
    @avoncallingu nice to be added to a list as an officiant

Tomorrow is back to school and routine, so anxious

Wishing everyone a great evening
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went shopping at WM late this afternoon. Our twins were on their last box of size 4 diapers, so I picked up Pampers and used coupons plus $4 CO51 rebates. I was happy to find our son's size of Velcro runners in stock, even though the website said there weren't any in his size. I found several varieties to choose from. He needs a new pair to stay at the school all year. I ultimately used $15.50 in coupons, plus $9.25 in rebates.

I'll go shopping at Sobeys tomorrow for 10% off Tuesday. They have some pretty nice AM offers on block cheese and tp. I'm hoping that my store isn't out of stock. There are some things on my list for items that don't really go on sale, so I try to pick them up on 10% off Tuesday.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I saw a decent pair of used winter boots posted for sale. I messaged the lady while I was preparing supper, so I didn't realize that it was my neighbour that moved in across the street 6 months ago. She didn't want the $10 for the boots, which was sweet of her. More money saved for our son. He has winter ski pants and jacket, but I think he will need new toques and mittens.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We need to figure out how to get these kids to sleep because this is nuts already. I've been up with twin boy twice, I am currently up with twin girl for the second time. Our oldest was up crying in his bed three times tonight for three different reasons. One of the times the cat woke him up. I'd let the babies cry some, but that often results in one twin waking the other, then you have 2 crying babies. Even on nights that they sleep better I am often up for the day with them too early. Dh and I sometimes trade off during the night, or one night to the next. My daycare boys typically arrive at 6:40am or 7:40am, depending on their guardian's work schedule. Dh doesn't start work until 10am. I'm feeling frustrated and sleep deprived.

edit: This is one of those many times when I say "sleep is optional."
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Sep 6th, 2016 at 07:20 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hugs. hope you get some rest today.

first day back to school. my youngest is off to high school. I know at some point I will just cry. but I have a new child starting... in 10 min... no tears, untill after the mom goes. lol.
    today is just a weird day.

supper will go into the crockpot. and yea. going to be a weird day.

heat is back , so AC is on.
    hopefully I can turn it off again in a day or 2.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Opposite weather here - I'm wishing I could turn the heat on, it's only 3 degrees out, and it's really cold in the house.
    Probably means I will have to actually put on pants, and probably a sweater - gah!

Was so nice to have husband home for three days - he's so nice and relaxed by the end of the third day!

Finally got him to go do some shopping for himself - he needed a belt for work, so that means a sturdy leather one - found a nice one at Marks for 40% off, so it was 15. Also jeans were BOGO the second pair 1/2 price, so that was two pairs for 45.
    Then the not-so-frugal, but badly needed, were steel-toed shoes for 150.

Hope y'all have a nice WARM day!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I'm currently meal planning for the week. We have some plans in the evening 3 days this week. It is supposed to be between 14 and 22 for the high each day of the 10 day forecast. The company still hasn't sent people to check out our furnace that was flooded in our crawl space nearly 2 months ago and it's starting to cool for the fall. I plan on roasting an entire turkey on Tuesday, so we will be eating that in various forms. I will also strip and freeze part of the bird for future meals and make turkey dumpling soup later in the week. I'll need to bake and do some laundry tomorrow to try to keep the house warm.
    Thats been quite the wait!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information