User Tag List

Page 144 of 238 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3567
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

First published in 2003, referencing Dubya.

I'm flattered you still read my posts Darth, I thought you had me on ignore for the last 3 years.

Let's keep things as they are though, I enjoy you not responding to my posts. It keeps the crap to a minimum. Let's not fix what ain't broken.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

OMG! Look what I found!

Republicans compared Bill Clinton to a monkey! Those racist s!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

And another Bush monkey

[

RACIST!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Waitaminnit! Are people comparing Trump to a monkey too?

It can't be. I thought only Republican racists compared people to monkeys. What?

What's going on @Darth Penguin ?
    Last edited by DaveP; Mon, Sep 12th, 2016 at 11:35 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Bless her heart, the poor thing...http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/09/06...dge-robin-camp

She’s fought through tears, trembling and very probably, a natural urge to just drop the whole thing and make it go away.

But on Tuesday, the 24-year-old woman whose knees were the subject of a judge’s brutal queries at a Calgary rape trial once again overcame obvious fear to confront someone she believes has violated her — in this case, by making her question her own sexual conduct.

“He made me hate myself and he made me feel like I should have done something, like I was some kind of slut,” said the young woman, whose name is protected by a publication ban.

Answering direct questions and reading from a prepared statement, the woman told a Canadian Judicial Council hearing that Justice Robin Camp went beyond anything she’d expected, as one of the rare Canadians to actually report a sexual assault.
    “The judge asked me questions about my sexuality and made me very uncomfortable and confused. What did he get out of asking me those kinds of questions?”

As well as the notorious “knees together” question, Camp thought it appropriate to grill the alleged victim on why she didn’t just shift her genitals out of harm’s way, if she wasn’t keen on sex.

AND THIS I did NOT know!
    “Why didn’t you just sink your bottom down into the basin so he couldn’t penetrate you?”
    Those questions alone, forever recorded in the court record on that day back in 2014, are probably rope enough if Camp’s career is to ultimately hang for his horrifying attitude in this case.
    “I’m so disappointed and sad about the system. My biggest worry is the victims who will never come forward because of what they read in the newspaper about Justice Camp’s words,” she said, reading from her statement.

The gift that just keeps giving..

During testimony on Thursday, a law professor testified that Camp, who was educated in South Africa, didn't know the history of sexual assault law in Canada and at times made "rude and stupid" comments during the trial, but she told the inquiry she believes he has learned from the experience.
    oy vey..

The hearing heard earlier this week from the complainant in the 2014 case who told the panel Camp’s comments made her suicidal.
    “He made me hate myself and he made me feel like I should have done something … that I was some kind of slut,” she said Tuesday.
    Transcripts show Camp also repeatedly referred to the complainant, mistakenly, as “the accused” during the trial, something he did again Friday during his apology.

“The thing I feel worst about is the questions I asked the accused,” said Camp, which drew an audible reaction from the hearing.
    After his lawyer brought the error to Camp’s attention he corrected himself, saying: “The person I most want to apologize to is the complainant.”

bolding mine!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I moved Lochte into 'news', because I didn't want to taint the Olympics thread.

Ryan Lochte was on the verge of being attacked Monday night during the live season premiere of "Dancing with the Stars" ... and the man who rushed the staged was taken down by security and detained.
    Lochte had just finished a foxtrot with Cheryl Burke and they were standing next to Tom Bergeron to get the judges' feedback, when a group in the audience ripped their shirts open to reveal the round symbol for "No Lochte" on their chests. The group was booing the swimmer when one rushed the stage.

short vid here - you can't see what happened on camera, but you hear the commotion

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/12/ryan-l...-and-detained/
    DaveP likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It's my job to save them ; driver pulls 20 children from burning bus

A College Park, Maryland, school bus driver was hailed for her heroic actions after the bus she was driving caught fire Monday.
    The fire was reported at about 4:45 p.m Monday along the 9600 block of 51st Avenue in College Park, according to Mark Brady, the public information officer for Prince George’s County, MD Fire and EMS Department.
    Twenty children from Glenarden Woods Elementary School were on the bus when the blaze started, apparently originating near one of the rear wheels, he said.
    The driver, identified by a parent as Reneita Smith, safely got each and every student off and away from danger, KTLA sister station WTVR reported.
    She “was able to remain calm throughout the ordeal” as the vehicle was evacuated, according to Brady.
    “A big THANK YOU to our school bus driver Reneita Smith who just saved 20 elementary school kids from a bus fire that completely destroyed the bus,” Fazlul Kabir posted on Facebook. “Reneita [not only] took each one of the 20 kids from the bus one by one, but also went into the empty bus again to check if everyone was out, while it was still burning.”
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ That's amazing; she is a star.
    GoJays and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's so refreshing to read some good news on here for a change..bless her heart!!
    GoJays, walkonby and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Travis Vader has been sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of the elderly Alberta couple he committed
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^the forensic evidence and phone records tied him clearly to it. Not sure why it was second rather than first degree.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    ^the forensic evidence and phone records tied him clearly to it. Not sure why it was second rather than first degree.
    They couldnt prove he intended to kill them
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy with that verdict.
    Sad for the family to not know where the bodies are.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...e-murder-trial
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

"Life" imprisonment in Canada.....should be out in a few years...I can't remember the particular case that had me fuming, but someone was sentenced to "life" and was out in...was it 10 years or so? My mind's a sieve wrt details, but I do remember being so angry about it...Yes, excellent verdict, however!!

I thought the son's statement after the verdict showed such composure, it wasn't vindictive, and I felt so terribly sorry for the family. I hope one day their remains may be found so the family can put them to rest and have closure.
    So sad...
    ROMEO likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Well, there's word that an appeal will succeed because the judge used a part of the criminal code that has been found unconstitutional as a basis for his ruling:

Some legal experts are asking whether an Alberta judge made a serious legal error when he convicted Travis Vader of second-degree murder in the deaths of Lyle and Marie McCann.

CTV News Legal Analyst Edward Prutschi said that it appears Justice Dennis Thomas relied on Section 230 of the Criminal Code, which was declared unconstitutional in 1990 case R. v. Martineau.

Prutschi told CTV News Channel that Section 230 stated that if a person died during a robbery, “which is what the accusation was here,” then “automatically you’re guilty of murder.”

According to Prutschi, since that section was struck down in 1990, the Crown must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused had “the foresight” to know they were going to cause someone’s death in order to prove murder.

If that foresight isn’t there, “at most you’re guilty of manslaughter,” the criminal lawyer said.
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/legal-e...dict-1.3073889
    ROMEO and Lynn49 like this.

Page 144 of 238 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 ... LastLast

Thread Information