User Tag List

Page 1633 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 633 1133 1533 1583 1623 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1643 1683 ... LastLast
Results 24,481 to 24,495 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

My physio went well, got my questions answered...my pain level is where it should be (I thought I was being wimpy), and cutting back on my meds this early isn't doing me any favours, so I'm keeping that in consideration. My muscle strength is lower than it should be but 3 prior surgeries on that knee didn't help with that, and my quad muscle never did gain all its strength back, but we'll be fine just working our way up.

@Natalka...please don't negate or compare your discomfort to that of others; every one of us has this or that issue and if it affects our daily living, then it's a drag for each of us...We all deal with it in our own ways, some will get better sooner than others, but we all feel our own pain and that's our own truth. I hope you and your Hubby both get better very soon, Hon!

@avoncallingu, I hope you two are snuggled down comfortably together for a big day of college and NFL football!! So happy your DH is home..it's a much nicer place to gather his strength for wherever his journey takes him.

I'm off to nap for a while; yesterday I had the biggest scare...after dinner, at around 7pm, I went back into the livingroom and could hardly make it there! I collapsed on the sofa and felt as though I was going to pass out, weak as a newborn kitten. I called for my DH who helped me get back into bed and got me settled in and I never went back downstairs after that. I realized what it was, I think...no nap, no break in the day, just trying to stay sitting up and pushing through, and although that's not exactly like raking leaves or anything, it was enough to weaken me. Honestly...that was scary!

I hope you're all having a sunny day...get out there if it's gorgeous! So many of us can't...

Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Nov 6th, 2016 at 11:45 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Now that I'm more awake, I can say something....

Up at 3 a.m. - and the coffee maker doesn't work! Gah! (something probably husband can fix again, but that doesn't help me)
    I tried to make drip coffee with a funnel (don't laugh), but it was yucky.
    Happily I found some instant coffee samples, so made a cup of that.

Was pleased last evening that husband actually ate soup and a plate of food for supper - that's a huge bonus.
    However later (not because of the food....) he was really in a bad way - and here I thought he was getting better. What I think happened is that he did feel better earlier in the day, so started to do some things around the house - though I told him NOT to (gah, he doesn't listen), and he got out of sorts, started coughing and felt just awful. Hoping today is better....
    He is taking his meds, and now that he realizes how important nutrition actually is (!) I am hoping for better.

My leg/back pain is somewhat better (it just sucks that both of us are not in good shape), but some of it has shifted to the other side because of course I have been favouring the left side. Hoping today is better for me, too.

I know this is not life-threatening or horrid - but it just sucks because it makes each day even tougher to go through.

I know so many of you are going through so much more - and I hope things are better for you, too!

Milan is coming over for supper - and he's going to do some shopping for us before that, so that's nice of him.

Natalka... Hope your feeling a lot better .. hope your hubby starts listening to you LOL .. hope he feels better soon .. sending my thoughts and prayers to you both .. take good care yourself and hubby

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, gee, Lynn - scary, indeed! Hope you are stronger today. As I said before, take them drugs - that advice always comes from my sister, an ICU nurse. She's def not a drug pusher, but it's that people think they are feeling better while on meds but then get in trouble when they cut them back - but of course, it's being on the meds which allows the rest of the body to heal.

So I knew we had a new-in-the-box coffee maker somewhere in storage - which I had bought at clearance years ago - so husband found it and he's just putting it through several cycles to clean it now. He had always been stubborn, that every time the one we have been using would break down, he would fix it.

Hoping the new one is okay - we're moving on from our beloved Mr. Coffee to a cheapo Black and Decker.

Well, I just finished making cornbread muffins, got chili ready and it's in the oven finishing up.
    Hope you all have a good evening!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks, Newfie - and everyone else, for your well wishes!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Natalka, I hope that you and your husband get respective relief soon!
    Lynn- please pace yourself- "impatience" is only good in a garden.
    Well the "extra hour" we got last night was taken up waiting for nurses to come and go to get DH's IV machine to work properly. Finally got to bed at 3:00 STANDARD time! Then awake at 7:30 as it had all become unravelled again so we had to get another nurse in to reprogram the whole thing before his next scheduled infusion at 1:00pm.

He has developed some sore/itchy rashes and some bruises called petechiae as his blood isn't clotting well at the moment.

No furnace guy or "critter" guy yet. Oh yes, our new vacuum broke and the new bumper for the car arrived damaged so I am still driving a rental.

Tomorrow we have an appointment for blood work and then a meeting with the head oncologist. Plan D,E, or F, I suppose.

I bought some earplugs as DH's CPAP mask is making so much noise.

Did everyone check their fire alarms as they turned back the clocks?

Frankly, I forgot but ours are wired in so we should be alright.

Well,goodnight folks! Have a good sleep!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, hoping you caught up on some sleep - and that a good plan gets implemented for your husband.

So glad we don't change time here - just no need to!

Had an incredibly warm weekend - 19 and 20 each day - absolutely nuts for November on the prairies!
    Milan came over for supper - plus he had done some shopping for us, then helped us with some house stuff after supper. Sent him home with lots of food and goodies.

One less mouse in the house this weekend... so that's a good thing.

Hoping for healing this week, for everyone!

Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Nov 7th, 2016 at 06:30 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Morning Folks, I'm starting to think I'm just a vacation from the hospital... But for now, infection is gone, Can't start physio till stitches come out on the 15th... But I am back, and look forward to jumping into conversations again...

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Charger View Post
    Good Morning Folks, I'm starting to think I'm just a vacation from the hospital... But for now, infection is gone, Can't start physio till stitches come out on the 15th... But I am back, and look forward to jumping into conversations again...
    So nice to see you back again @Redneck Charger ! I'll start the countdown for the day your stitches come out. All the best!!
    So nice that I did not have to get up early today to drive anyone anywhere, or walk the dogs, feed the cats, fish etc because DS offered to do it all since he would be awake.
    So naturally I woke up extra early??? gah.

babies teach us acceptance

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1. Another nice day.
    I hope you have a good one.

Name:  monday_27.gif
Views: 105
Size:  132.4 KB

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Morning, my day is done lol. Went to bank, shoppers, post office, and dollarama and i don't have a car. hope everyone has a good day.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Looks like I have a lot to catch up on.

A lot's happened lately;

* I went to a friend's cottage for a couple of days
    * had a relapse, & ended back in the hospital for a couple of days
    * one of my friend's husband had been been in a bad accident & was coming home; went to her place for a couple of days to get things set up, and help get him settled the first day
    * have been working hard on that fundraising auction, which is coming up this coming Saturday; I've collected almost $17,000. in donations so far, with 4 more to collect this week (boy, I'll be glad when it's over !!!!)
    * and finally, my son's 5 year old dog, Tank, had to be put down last Wed.
    Geez I loved that dog Rest in peace Tank; we'll miss you. (Here's his pic.)

Name:  Tank.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  65.5 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Ok, where do I start?

@Natalka - a belated happy b/day to your DS; I'm sorry you & your DH have been ill. I hope you're both feeling better.

@SillyLoocie - a belated happy birthday.

@Redneck Charger - boy, what you've had to go through !!!!! I'm happy to see the infection is gone, and in a week the stitches will be out. Then hopefully, you can start healing, and by this time next year, you'll be back to normal.

@walkonby - long time no talk to friend. I hope you're keeping well. Still waking up early I see.

@Lynn49 - Glad all your questions have been answered; that's reassuring. You are coming along just fine. Keep up with the pain meds until the time is right. There's no need to suffer more than you need to. Hang in there girl. Thinking and praying for you and your recovery.

@avoncallingu - OMG girl You both have gone through so much, you must be absolutely exhausted. It's nice to hear your DH is home. He'll must be so much more comfortable. Thinking and praying for you both as well.

Prayers for all of you. So many need some relief from the pain you're going through.

Name:  th-3.jpeg
Views: 149
Size:  7.0 KB
    Last edited by 22hicks; Mon, Nov 7th, 2016 at 11:06 AM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Geez you've had a lot going on sorry about your sons dog.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Buying a comforter set in 2 weeks. Comes with comforter, flat and fitted sheets, shams, pillow cases etc. Getting kids set because it fits perfectly on my small bed, just wondering which one. Also mattress topper and mattress pad.

Name:  999999-840970123978.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  999999-WMCA_MS_D22_MKM6107722C.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  46.8 KB

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I'm leaning towards top one..

Thread Information