User Tag List

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2553Likes

Thread: January 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! I am ready to get this day started. Will pop a load of laundry on. Closet has been painted! So the shelf will go back in and I am ready to set it up! Taking DS to lunch today just because!
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    nice angela -upgraded t.v ,we only had one t.v but using my mom's in the bedroom -yes I never wanted one in the bedroom either but when hubby is watching some documentary,city council or and old movie -I will go upstairs and watch the small t.v 28 inches I think flat screen (only if one of my favourite shows is on like hells kitchen the other night )
    -I am reading from the library so many books on less is more ,clutter etc some have some pretty good tips and its helping me downsize all the clutter in life either from donating or selling on kijiji or finding someone else that can use the items (like hubby's sister who is on a disability she asked me the other day if I had an extra blanket and she would take a few tops of mine if I wanted to get rid of them -no problem I like to help others out
    -just made a dinner date with my girlfriend (that I had to cancel in dec cause of sickness) we are going to swiss chalet on a weeknight -I will use our caa card and 2 can dine for 15.99 quarter chicken -of course white is extra -cant wait to see her I have I have a small xmas gift for her -spent under 10.00-just a few bath products
    If you have a Scene card show that as well at Swiss Chalet for points.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Last night we went to see the Hamilton Bulldogs as I had won tickets. Great seats and it was a fun game - no clue who any of the players were but an overall fun night.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks for the tip barb (tips are great to share)-yes I have a scene card even used it a few weeks back for 2 milkshakes at harveys -got 1 point but hey if there is a points card out there I most likely have it
    -I am trying to get a hold of my sister-in-law -hubby;s brother's wife and would love to go to show with her as I have enough scene points -oh yeah and this is the year to do things for me(extra things like going out for lunch or show ) and stay healthy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Last night we went to see the Hamilton Bulldogs as I had won tickets. Great seats and it was a fun game - no clue who any of the players were but an overall fun night.
    Brandon Saigeon is their Centre. I taught him swimming lessons when he was a tike! #agingmyself They also made an appearance to our school this week for an assembly. Their mascot Bruiser hugged me (more like tackled me in my chair) and they took a bunch of photos. I am now wondering where they are going to pop up...hopefully not the Hamilton Spectator! lol.

I am glad you had fun!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl -great Reitmans deal that you got! I know their 30% off new tops online and in-store ends today. @Angela _273 -would the kids eat strawberries that are the PC frozen kind? NF usually stocks the PC frozen fruit (and has sales for $3.99) and I notice that Sobey's berry blends all seem to have strawberries but the PC brand has a strawberries only bag. I'm not a huge strawberries person-prefer local small strawberries when I remember to buy some containers.

I tossed out the chipped aluminum pie server and put the new Trudeau stainless steel one with serrated edge and grey/coral plastic handle into the utensil drawer. Tub strips need a clean dry tub and 12 hours to adhere before the tub can be used. Since the strips are an online only item for $10, look up tub strips on thebay.com . Site indicates Home Outfitters but the packaging states Rubbermaid. The strips are about 4-5 inches long and squiggly. I decided I'll give them a chance first before determining if a suction bathtub mat is necessary (I don't want to be the sole person doing the drying and cleaning of a mat so I'm keen on non-mat options-I was considering those SnuggleBugz tub adhesive stickers too but don't know if they are sufficient for adults as they are meant for children).

The silicone trivet is coming from another location so the delivery is expected on Tuesday. I've tossed out one old straw trivet in anticipation of NEW stuff! Online shopping is very handy (given that I spent 2h checking out all kinds of treats, clearance, gloves and many kitchenware items) before deciding to make the order and give up some gc value to cover the delivery.

I noticed the Blog post about PC Plus card settings-rather shocked at how many points have been stolen. I suspect that terminals must be compromised like ones in gas stations or ATMs. I've had a redemption earlier this month, so I just set my card and tags to Earn Only for now. Thanks to @fall en_Pixels for drawing attention to the card settings and reasons for the recaptcha addition this month!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Swiss Chalet sent the birthday dessert freebie wub a min. order ($9.99 or $11.99 depending on which way order is placed in-store, by phone or online) offer by e-mail today-good for one week before birthday up to one week after birthday). No Optimum points offer yet so I will see if mid-week an offer comes or will have to wait for next Saturday (if there is an offer). Plan to go to Sephora with my card to see if the freebie offer is still available (no email sent as yet).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks Ciel, but he was asking for fresh strawberries. We have frozen berries which we primarily use in fruit smoothies. I'm hoping to buy some seedless grapes at Wal-Mart tomorrow, they are on sale.

I spent $90 at Sobeys today, I saved $45.50 used the 20% off coupon on vitamin D-drops to save $3, used the $5 off Cheerios coupon and bought 4 boxes of Cheerios in order to get a free 4L jug of milk, used my bagel raincheck, and got a $10 gift card to use towards another purchase. This has worked for me twice now, coupons brought my oop to below $95, but I still got a free $10gc. I even checked the balance to make sure that it was properly activated. I also submitted the receipt to Caddle for 25c back on bread.

Tomorrow will be a trip to Wal-Mart for 2 boxes of Huggies diapers - coupon - $6 CO51, and a variety of random things. I don't think I've gone to Wal-Mart yet this month (maybe once?), so I know I missed out on last week's cheaper Cheerios.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jan 21st, 2017 at 06:17 PM. Reason: fixing auto correct
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Swiss Chalet sent the birthday dessert freebie wub a min. order ($9.99 or $11.99 depending on which way order is placed in-store, by phone or online) offer by e-mail today-good for one week before birthday up to one week after birthday). No Optimum points offer yet so I will see if mid-week an offer comes or will have to wait for next Saturday (if there is an offer). Plan to go to Sephora with my card to see if the freebie offer is still available (no email sent as yet).
    You don't need an email at Sephora - just bring your card and ask for your free birthday gift. The choices last year weren't great so hopefully what they offer this year is nicer. Please post what they are offering.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sat, Jan 21st, 2017 at 05:51 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow I had a busy day today and I didn't even shop-was gonna go to shoppers and do 20times when you spend 50 and then my daughter's comment was "you are always going " so I decided I don't need to go just to get the cheap toilet paper 3.99 and a bunch of other stuff this is all the things I accomplished
    -vaccumed the stairs and area rug
    -dusted downstairs
    -went thru some old pictures and tossed the blurry ,crappy ones
    -did a load of towels
    -made a lovely chicken (was from nov at fortinos I paid 4.40),mashed potatoes and carrot supper
    -then I made 4 freezer containers of chicken soup
    -just went thru and tossed out old grocery receipts -I keep them for about a month and a half
    -gonna do one more load of clothing and relax

-I am going to the show with hubby's brother's wife on sunday afternoon we are gonna see 20th century women -cant wait

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Andit, I was just wondering yesterday where you had been. A hard time to get through for you - glad you're back "On the Wild Side!"
    So, you have moved to your parent's home? Away from the hustle and life of the downtown?
    As you say, a whole new chapter. You'll have to find another "local" that serves root beer!
    I saw an e-ad today for a "kangaroo" hoody that has a front pouch where you can carry your pet anywhere- maybe Quincey cat could snuggle in and literally "hang out" with you until he feels more secure.
    Saundyl, had been missing you too. Exciting about your new abode!
    I am admiring all the renos that you all have taken on.
    J&C- we are all profiting from your very intense understanding of the ins and outs of car pricing. I am not really understanding why you are waiting out the 30 days. (Just thick, I guess.)
    Natalka, I am thrilled to hear that your temps got above 0!
    I just couldn't take that kind of cold.
    I had great plans to finish packing up Christmas today but I didn't sleep until 7:30 this morning and then managed to get in a couple of hours before the phone rang.

I hit the sack at 9:00 tonight but then woke up at 11 when DH started his night routines. I have to make sure he has taken his meds properly, help him with undressing and make sure everything is turned off and locked up . Then he gets to sleep faster and his breathing machine starts making ghastly noises and I can't get back to sleep.

Well, I will wish you all a good night and I will try to catch some zzzzs.
    Thank you. We have conditional approval now (subject to an appraisal being done). Very excited about it all as it will be our home not...his and his exs home. I felt like an intruder at times when i moved in with him.

I don't understand the 30 day waitabout the warranty and complaints either!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This weekend is out of town hockey...which also means grocery stock up! I admit to also purchasing winter boots a blanket, leggings and some yarn. The boots were an awesome deal at marks....clearance price 79.98 from 159.99 with a 2nd pair half off the clearance price if 49.98 from 149.99. The leggings and blanket were because i got coldat the arena.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have no idea how our food costs vary so much. Admittedly, there is no set budget for food, but I try my best with coupons, price matching, and points. I just pick up whatever looks fresh and pretty each week. There's another twist, which is unrecorded rewards. When I use points, cashback, etc., the total is lower, but I record the amounts as if there were only price matching and coupons subtracted. We were renting on 2009, so we had a small refrigerator, a tiny freezer compartment, and no storage. In 2013 and just recently, our family increased by one, and we're now up to four.

2009: $4,164.84 (moved into new home in November with storage)
    2010: $3,734.33 (bought larger fridge)
    2011: $3,534.42
    2012: $2,885.04
    2013: $2,707.37 (new addition)
    2014: $2,747.94
    2015: $3,820.70
    2016: $3,817.77

What happened in 2012 - 2014? I wish it would happen again.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Why can't I sleep in on weekends. Guess it's time to get up!
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The closet project- It is painted and the original shelf has been freshly painted and has been put back in- Higher up. So off we went to Home Depot to look for a 2nd shelf. Looked in the section with the fancy rubbermaid/closet mate shelves etc. $27 for one shelf. Kept walking around. Come to a clearance section and found the exact same size shelf reg price $28.99 on clearance for $6.98!!!!! Woohooooo! Picked up the supplies needed to put the shelf up and build a bench and put shelving under bench for shoes. $33 total. Not bad at all.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information