User Tag List

Page 83 of 113 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1691
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Chronic Pain Management Support Group

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I feels so very upset,,,you can tell you have been beat down, just by the wording of your post, I would say don't give up. I struggle every day, I have fought off cancer, not once, but 3 times, it keeps coming back, but I keep fighting, I have fibromyalgia, I am a celiac, I have crohns....but I refuse to give up! Life is about living, cause once we are gone, it's for good. It is so very easy to get depressed and start to spiral out of control, but once that happens it is even harder to climb back out of that black hole. PLEASE, PLEASE, try and think of the positive things in your life. We all have positive things, not matter how bad we think our life is. I sometimes have my own little pity party, but then I think of the homeless person who has no food and no place to sleep where it is warm and safe. I have food, I have a roof over my head. We may have family, freinds, grandchildren, pets, a warm sunny day, the list can go on and on. Don't let life get you down, grab it by the horns and fight it head on, you are worth it.

You didn't mention Canada Pension Disability. This would help you with your meds and save you a bundle of money. Have you applied for this? You can download the forms online, or you can call them and they will send the forms to you. This doesn't take any money and you can fill out all the forms by yourself, I did it, they are just basic questions. If I can help you in any way with this, I would be more than happy to. Pain is a terrible thing, but I refuse to let it get the better of me and YOU NEED to do the same. No more pitty party missy....you have Christmas gifts to finish up, and a wonderful holiday season with your friends and family coming up, no get up and start moving, we all know you can do it. I will help you, just pm me with anything info or whatever you need help with. You ARE going to have a wonderful day
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Thanks, but I cannot qualify for Canada Pension Disability. My self-employed work income is too low. It was higher before I got crippled 4 years ago, but has been steadily dropping and has been below the qualifying amount for years, and is now less than $200 per month on a good month. I've been losing employment for the past 4 years, and I have very little employment left now due to the damage to my body, especially my hands. And the docs have set themselves against me, so there is no help from their quarter. I realize that I am only one more person who is falling through the cracks in our system, and the docs definitely know that, but have decided it is to be that way in my case. May God judge them; it is my only consolation that there will be justice sometime.

Who knows, I might be able to make it to Age 65, and my old age pension. That would save me; but I have 7 more years to go. I also have Division of Pension Credits in 2 years, but I have no idea how that would translate into financial benefits. They have a penalty of 50% if these credits are accessed before age 65, but they can be accessed at age 60. The trouble is, I have such a sporadic work record, raising 3 kids (one disabled), self-employment for 25 years, most of the time not being able to pay into the pension plan; and the drop-down provision is changing, I think. I'm just trying to keep going here, and hoping I can live to retirement, but the docs are certainly no help to me in that regard.

The illness has damaged my hands to the point where the fingers are in rigor at all times (could be worse I know...could be rigor mortis). Six months of this now, and I was really hoping the doc would do something about it, but no...nothing, and he checked it out, couldn't move my fingers, yet did nothing but take notes. So I cannot do 1/4 as much of what I was able to do even 6 months ago, and certainly not 1/4 of what I used to do before I got crippled 4 years ago.

For Christmas presents, I have been weaving 1/2 inch wide strips of cloth into rag-rugs on my rug frame, like we all did as kids with strips of paper. I sorted my closets in the past 2 years, and cut up lots of unusable clothing into 2 inch. fabric strips, then overlapped the edges and sewed a seam line down the center to make 1/2 wide strips. I'm thankful I can still do this much with my fingers and hands. Exhausting, but I have now got 3 rag-rugs woven; there is still the finishing work...the balancing and all the border-edgings to apply. I can still crochet (slowly) with a very large hook, so am planning on making some fabric baskets as gifts to hold Christmas goodies. Lots of pain, but at least there is something to show for it, and I'm really glad I cut up all those strips with scissors years ago, because now I find it almost impossible to use a scissors because of my weak hand grip.

Sometimes it seems like this is a nightmare from which it is impossible to wake up, but the only thing that helps me is to try to forget my troubles and those who add to them, and go on in faith and action. Life is more and more difficult now, so that it takes all my concentration, strength and skill just to keep on coping.
    Thanks for your support, everyone.
    ( Valiant, the valley-ant )

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I haven't been around for awhile because I've been busy which affects my pain level. Unfortunately my pain has been through the roof, and with all the meds.I am taking, I've been literally knocked out ):
    On top of this I'm not doing well at all mentally.
    Please pray for me and others who suffer.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    You didn't mention Canada Pension Disability. This would help you with your meds and save you a bundle of money. Have you applied for this? You can download the forms online, or you can call them and they will send the forms to you.
    Here in Ontario, it's ODSP that covers prescriptions (through the Trillium program) not CPP-D. & yes, the forms are quite straight-forward to fill out. Also, the best thing to do if you are having any sort of problems with beaurocrats is to camp out on your local politician's door-step (their options are to ignore someone in need & risk bad publicity or help someone & milk it for goodwill publicity - harsh, but true).

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    Thanks, but I cannot qualify for Canada Pension Disability. My self-employed work income is too low. It was higher before I got crippled 4 years ago, but has been steadily dropping and has been below the qualifying amount for years, and is now less than $200 per month on a good month.
    CPP-D goes by how much you've paid into CPP over the years, not on an annual basis. I only worked full-time the two years before I got sick - before that I had several part-time jobs, so never maxed out my CPP contributions. I still get roughly 90% of CPP-D. If you've ever paid into CPP, you will be able to get something. As I mentioned above, hit up the politicians. Sometimes we have to swallow our pride to get what we need.

And the docs have set themselves against me, so there is no help from their quarter. I realize that I am only one more person who is falling through the cracks in our system, and the docs definitely know that, but have decided it is to be that way in my case.
    Do you have a teaching hospital nearby? That would be your best bet (they love folks who don't fit the usual pegs - been there, done that, more times than I care to remember ).

For Christmas presents, I have been weaving 1/2 inch wide strips of cloth into rag-rugs on my rug frame, like we all did as kids with strips of paper.
    Ooh, please post pics. It would be lovely to see what you've been working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I haven't been around for awhile because I've been busy which affects my pain level. Unfortunately my pain has been through the roof, and with all the meds.I am taking, I've been literally knocked out ):
    On top of this I'm not doing well at all mentally.
    Please pray for me and others who suffer.
    We're all here for you, Skippy. Any time you want someone to talk to, you know where to go.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Skippy, I'm sorry to hear about your pain these days. The weather change doesn't help us any either. My pain level has shot through the roof the last few days as well. I am praying for your pain to subside somewhat for you. It terrible that we have so much to do and we know that if we jump in with both feet, we will pay for it severely. I am trying to pace myself this winter as we cannot leave Alberta till January to head south.

Valiant, please try some of the suggestions we have given you, anything is worth a try when it comes to your health. Even to have your meds paid for is a huge help. That money that is spent on that could be used to purchase more nutricious foods to feed your body. I think the teaching hospital is a great idea, and with the help of the internet you could find one close, beg, borrow and steal to get someone to take you there.

I am keeping you all in my prayers, and I am praying for everyone to get some relief from pain, if only for a short time. I hope everyone has a very relaxing day.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Thanks for the suggestions, but none of them are workable.
    I have no pain meds, because the docs have not yet dealt with my medical condition though it's been 4 years of being crippled and in pain. I'm already on Pharmacare for my other meds, so I pay the deductible every year and only those particular meds are covered.
    The doc has to approve the forms for disability pension, and like I told you, they are letting me fall through the cracks. I have read the info online, and I do not qualify for CPPD because in the last 4 years, I have lost so much employment that I haven't been able to earn enough income to qualify. My self-employment through the past 25 years has not netted me enough income to even pay into the plan most years, so I cannot qualify. I opted to work at home because my youngest child's mental damage remained deliberately undiagnosed by the docs until he was an adult; though his condition required contant parental monitoring, and often he had to be home-schooled. There is no teaching hospital or other docs available in the city, just other interns from third-world countries. It costs $50 each time to hire the handi-van to go to the city, so I can't afford a wild-goose chase.

Don't know how to post pics; have learned how to use the digital camera my son gave me for Christmas a few years ago, but don't know how to save to computer and post them though I have the software; it's too confusing, I just can't understand the process.

Will be taking a break from posting for awhile, since I've been posting way too much and too long; need healing of the soul, so I'm praying and trying to live 'The Serenity Prayer'.

Thanks everyone, for your responses.
    Last edited by Valiant; Sat, Nov 5th, 2011 at 06:54 PM.
    ( Valiant, the valley-ant )

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sheer agony just mucking about and going up and down the stairs
    Hope bedtime medication kicks in soon!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Sheer agony just mucking about and going up and down the stairs
    Hope bedtime medication kicks in soon!
    I am so sorry to hear of your pain Skippy. Once the weather turns colder, my legs start to feel like someone is holding a blow-torch to them. It gets so very hard to walk. I'm going to try and get all my baking and cabbage rolls done in the next few weeks (For the Christmas season.) As it seems that standing any longer than 20 min. or so at a time is becoming impossible.

I sent one of my DD's out today to pick me up a few things (she brought me new coupons ) I start to get depressed when I know I can't get out of the house much due to the cold weather. Hopefully get out of here the first part of January to Florida where it will be warm.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

i paid into work ltd for 7 yrs!! i got 4 drs to say i cannnot work and yet they refuse me! sent an appeal ---will take 4 to 6 months!! i have run out of ei ! not sure what to do now??? thank God my husband works but we are going into debt! help!!!!!
    New mom October 2014!

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Sorry for everyone's pain during this colder weather, its very difficult doing 50% of the stuff we were all doing in the summer.

My sister called me to help her do a few houses yesterday. I cant even move today. I worked till 4 around the house, moving furniture and stuff and then worked till midnight with her........OMG it was bad, now I'm all hunched over and swollen.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    i paid into work ltd for 7 yrs!! i got 4 drs to say i cannnot work and yet they refuse me! sent an appeal ---will take 4 to 6 months!! i have run out of ei ! not sure what to do now??? thank God my husband works but we are going into debt! help!!!!!
    Do you have a disability plan through work? Or are you applying for CPP-D & the provincial disability (ODSP in Ontario)? If it's work-related, I suggest you get HR involved. If it's govt, then a trip to your local politician may be in order (bring copies of the doctors' notes). Politicians are there to work for the citizens, not to sit around & collect $. Put them to work.

Good luck! I hope this helps.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post

If you paid into a plan at work, get them to put you on short term disability till you get this worked out. Also depending what you have applied for, there are various coarses of action you can take. Although getting your local politician involved may help (I haven't heard of this though), your best recoarse if it is CPP disability is to get a lawyer that works with this to help you. It won't cost you anything, as they work on a contingency of 30 or 35% of your back pay from CPP -D.

I was approved the first time I applied for both my LTD from work and CPP - D, but I know a lady that had to fight for almost 2 years. She exhausted all but one appeal, then finally listened to me and got a lawyer involved. Withing 6 months she had her CPP -D.

There are obvious reasons(in their eyes) they are turning you down. What are they. I will try ad help you if I can. Just pm me.

I hope everyone has a good day with not to much pain.
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Wed, Nov 9th, 2011 at 09:02 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow, I was reading this tread for the fist time. Really sorry to hear about the pain people are going through. Hope things work out and get better for everyone effected.
    Check out my favorite Naturopathic Doctor with locations in Milton & Mississauga: http://www.ruthshuster.com

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Do you have a disability plan through work? Or are you applying for CPP-D & the provincial disability (ODSP in Ontario)? If it's work-related, I suggest you get HR involved. If it's govt, then a trip to your local politician may be in order (bring copies of the doctors' notes). Politicians are there to work for the citizens, not to sit around & collect $. Put them to work.

Good luck! I hope this helps.
    My LTD is throught the ontaio teachers federation. I put in an appeal and so has my neuro>very frustrating!!!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I'm paying the price for going out to the National Women's Show & having fun. Ouchies. At least I ate a ton of yummy food & brought home some goodies. Also spoke to a gentleman who was a pharmacist - with any luck his suggestion will ease one of my winter symptoms.

Page 83 of 113 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast

Thread Information