User Tag List

Page 40 of 113 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Chronic Pain Management Support Group

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Originally Posted by Abby5
    how do you guys deal with your spouse and family? i am really having a hard time-sorry if this too personal

Unfortunately I do not do well at all.
    When I'm in pain, the tone of my voice changes drastically, and they take what I say the wrong way.
    I am fortunate and quite thankful that DW&DD help quite a bit, especially during the really bad times. However I feel DW does too much so I help out, despite the pain. Unfortunately afterwards the pain can last for hours.
    I feel much guilt for the way in which I handle myself, and yet not seem able to change.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tidytaurus View Post
    Abby5 thats a day off!!! for you for your hard work because doing anything while in pain is so much harder. I feel bad for my family because they try to be understanding and helpful and on my bad days I am a total unappreciative wench. I tend to overdo things like you did on my good days and then can not move for a few days after. Pacing myself is something I do not do well but its a lesson I am painfully learning.

Skippy I am so sorry the acupuncture did not do what you hoped. A walker can be nuisance when walking on bumpy sidewalks but my mom had one in her yard that had big tires so she could use it on uneven ground and loved it. I don't know where it came from sorry maybe it had been modified??

Dealsniffer, I hope you are feeling better, this weather we have had in AB sunshine, snow, sunshine, rain, sunshine, snow all in one day is taking its toll on my body and patience as well. Soon we will be gardening and enjoying beautiful outside time. Get lots of rest because sunshine is coming and I do enjoy your photos.

Sorry if I have missed commenting on anyone elses posts, chronic pain is something we all have in common and sometimes just venting it out helps. I am in pain everyday and sometimes feel like there is noone who cares then I come onto SC and realize others are in the same boat and suddenly the water doesn't seem so deep. Take care everyone hope today is one of your "good days".
    Thanks for your post.
    It is very kind of you to comment on everyone.
    I agree 100% about venting, as no one will truly understand unless they are experiencing it themselves.
    I hope today is better for you,Dealsniffer and all who suffer from this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

The pain is incredible and is making me nauseous.
    Please say a prayer for me.
    Thanks.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Will do Skippy..hope you are feeling a little better today
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thanks everyone re: my question about dealing with your families-it really helped. I feel so alone with it.
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

thanks Tidytaurus-i am in a ton of pain today. it is my legs today. and the bursitis in my hips too. It hurts to walk. but thankfully tylenol helps me cope. I hate taking painkillers at all but I have to in order to get through the day somedays. I like Andit's explanation of the cell phone charge and I have a small charge too. Some days I have to take 3 naps and up just to make it through a day. I don't know why I get so exhausted. But I only take a nap when I just can't keep going and I usually don't intend to take a nap but I fall asleep because I am so tired that I can't keep my eyes open or moving around seems like a chore because I am so tired.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

thanks Tidytaurus-i am in a ton of pain today. it is my legs today. and the bursitis in my hips too. It hurts to walk. but thankfully tylenol helps me cope. I hate taking painkillers at all but I have to in order to get through the day somedays. I like Andit's explanation of the cell phone charge and I have a small charge too. Some days I have to take 3 naps and up just to make it through a day. I don't know why I get so exhausted. But I only take a nap when I just can't keep going and I usually don't intend to take a nap but I fall asleep because I am so tired that I can't keep my eyes open or moving around seems like a chore because I am so tired.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Dealsniffer when pain is bad enough, a nap is often best and sometimes the body will shut itself down for that. I find it difficult to stay awake when I'm in a bad way.
    Today I went out and forgot my cane. I decided to tough it, which is the 2nd day in a row I've done something stupid.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

With orthodics again-sigh!
    I also have arthritis in my hands now-sigh!
    But I can still get out of bed and walk, and am thankful for that.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

After many sessions, I have decided not to pursue it any further, because there is only very short relief.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Naps are too painful! My head just thumps so loud ..I am glad they work for some of you
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Naps are too painful! My head just thumps so loud ..I am glad they work for some of you
    Sorry to hear that.

Naps don't really work for me either, I usually end up more tired.

I had a very long day & I know I'm going to be paying the price for the next little while. But I had fun, so it's worth it.

How are you feeling these days, Abby?

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Oh Andit..thanks for asking..I think most people are too scared to ask!!! The weather keeps changing here! It is so humid so it is a bad day for the head but it is the weekend so no screaming but I do always over do it! But it sounds like you had fun We all need that
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Oh Andit..thanks for asking..I think most people are too scared to ask!!! The weather keeps changing here! It is so humid so it is a bad day for the head but it is the weekend so no screaming but I do always over do it! But it sounds like you had fun We all need that
    I'm glad we're all able to function somewhat, even if you pay for it later.
    At the moment I feel the heat too and want to puke, so time to lay low.
    P.S. You guys don't scare the likes of me

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was only intending on working part time this summer, but I accepted a full time position because it is primarily a desk job. I work the weigh scale at our local landfil for the summer. We have been having a bit of a storm with snow, rain, and wind for the past three days. I have had an awful migrain since Wed because of the huge barametric pressure change. I had Wed and Thursday off, so I was able to take a break and have a nap for the pain. Today I am at work for a 9hr shift, my head and my leg are killing me, so I caved and took a T3 to help bring it down a level. I really am glad that my spouse is so understanding, but it truely hurts him to see me in pain like this.

I hope the rest helps you Skippy.
    I really hope that you guys are feeling better today.

Page 40 of 113 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast

Thread Information