User Tag List

Page 90 of 113 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1691
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Chronic Pain Management Support Group

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Unfortunately I am in agony again. The pain becomes so unbearable that I
    take Gravol and don't eat for quite awhile.
    I tried walking around the block and wished I had never left the house. Now when I need to perform, as in make dinner, I'm stuck on my recliner with the heating pad.
    I am so tired, and so brain dead. However the pain takes my mind off other pressing medical issues.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Skippy, you might consider looking into the MMA program? Just a thought, as you need to be able to eat. Maybe some Ensure/Boost would help you a bit too? You need energy even if you have no appetite. My prayers are with you.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Ive been having that problem again lately. Before it was the first 2-3 months proceeding my surgery, I lost a lot of weight because cooking was too painful for me so I lived off beverages - however Id try to get the vitamin or fiber enriched oasis juices so at least it was something. I find I'm having that problem again and won't eat anything if I have to cook it, it just doesn't seem worth it to me. Me and DH have totally different tastes, it actually gets to the point (when I used to cook) I used to have to cook two different meals because we could never agree on anything. Lately if i do eat anything, its either crackers or toast with some jam & butter, that's about all that's manageable for me at this point of time, and it really sucks because I love food

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLincoln View Post
    Ive been having that problem again lately. Before it was the first 2-3 months proceeding my surgery, I lost a lot of weight because cooking was too painful for me so I lived off beverages - however Id try to get the vitamin or fiber enriched oasis juices so at least it was something. I find I'm having that problem again and won't eat anything if I have to cook it, it just doesn't seem worth it to me. Me and DH have totally different tastes, it actually gets to the point (when I used to cook) I used to have to cook two different meals because we could never agree on anything. Lately if i do eat anything, its either crackers or toast with some jam & butter, that's about all that's manageable for me at this point of time, and it really sucks because I love food

Sorry you're having some of the same problems as I. That said, if you are only drinking you may wish to try Gatorade(which has a whole bunch of good stuff in it),V8 or Soy Milk. As for eating, perhaps you could get something you can microwave? There are all sorts of good choices there too, and it requires little effort to make. Hope you feel stronger soon.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

The following was written by Mrs.Skippy to better explain than me, potential problems with my heart that were found earlier this week:

The irregularity in the EKG was that there was a higher than normal voltage coming from the left side of his heart. That's why they want to do the ultrasound and the stress test. They said that these two tests might show that everything is fine and normal. Or, one possible cause of higher voltage is a thickening of the heart muscle, which could be caused by a problem with his circulation which could be causing his heart to work harder to pump blood. If the ultrasound and stress test don't come out as normal, then they may do an angiogram.

Would you please pray for the tests to come back normal, and for me to know the peace that passes all understanding.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Would you please pray for the tests to come back normal, and for me to know the peace that passes all understanding.
    Sending prayers your way.

I have my annual stress test next week (always fun trying to run on a treadmill when one cannot run ).

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

cooking was too painful for me so I lived off beverages - however Id try to get the vitamin or fiber enriched oasis juices so at least it was something. I find I'm having that problem again and won't eat anything if I have to cook it,
    Are they all "bad days" or do you have some "good days"?

I use my "good days" to make some meals that I can freeze, so that on "bad days" I can just pop them in the microwave & have dinner in 5 minutes with little fuss.

If you have all "bad days", is there someone who can help make some meals for you? This way you'd hopefully have some other options.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Every day is a bad day, if I try to make a meal, anymore then 5-10 minutes of standing bothers me. I tried a stool in the kitchen but it didn't help much because I can't have my legs bent. I think every time I'm hungry I just associate food with hurting, and have no desire to eat a whole heck of a lot. Family helps sometimes, but my mom lives almost an hour away, since it started snowing more frequently she can't visit as much anymore to help.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Every day is a bad day, if I try to make a meal, anymore then 5-10 minutes of standing bothers me. I tried a stool in the kitchen but it didn't help much because I can't have my legs bent. I think every time I'm hungry I just associate food with hurting, and have no desire to eat a whole heck of a lot. Family helps sometimes, but my mom lives almost an hour away, since it started snowing more frequently she can't visit as much anymore to help.
    Ah, I get it. If I do something today, I`ll be paying for it for the next three days.

Do you have any neighbours you`re friendly with? I`m lucky I`ve got some really sweet neighbours (well, friends now) who like to get together once in a while & cook a meal together (gives the girls a chance to get away from their husbands). Last time we got together, I was having a bad day, so they let me sit at the table & read out the recipe directions & play `supervisor`while they did the hard work, & then packed up the leftovers so I could have a couple of meals for the next few days. So not only did I get out & forget my pain for a few hours while having fun, I got out of cooking duties for the next few days.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

It's important to keep up your nutrition even if you can't cook. I can't imagine shopping is fun either. Is there a "meals on wheels" type program near you?

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I too have the trouble of making meals. I go do classes at the gym then I am so much pain ! I can't do anything but lie down so eti es it takes me hours just to get in the shower! I like your ideas about making meals ahead of time. I think I will get. Y husband to do this before he travels again. I also think I will give the kids a day each. The biggest
    Problem is that I have so many food allergies that I can never buy a microwave meal or even order out . Prayers for you skippy
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    I too have the trouble of making meals. I go do classes at the gym then I am so much pain ! I can't do anything but lie down so eti es it takes me hours just to get in the shower! I like your ideas about making meals ahead of time. I think I will get. Y husband to do this before he travels again. I also think I will give the kids a day each. The biggest
    Problem is that I have so many food allergies that I can never buy a microwave meal or even order out . Prayers for you skippy
    My problem is that my hands work not so well in the cold weather, so it helps to have easy meals. & because I'm on such a tight budget, I sometimes buy veggies that are on for 50% off or the meats that the stores have to sell quickly & then make up a big batch of stew, etc, then fill several tupperware type containers (I have a dozen or so that are just the right portion size for me). That way I always have something quick & I know what ingredients are in them (not that I don't splurge on a frozen pizza once in a while - I'm addicted to the spinach/mushroom thinn crust pizzas ).

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Sorry to hear you all are in pain still, hoping you all find relief with the warmer weather
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    My problem is that my hands work not so well in the cold weather, so it helps to have easy meals. & because I'm on such a tight budget, I sometimes buy veggies that are on for 50% off or the meats that the stores have to sell quickly & then make up a big batch of stew, etc, then fill several tupperware type containers (I have a dozen or so that are just the right portion size for me). That way I always have something quick & I know what ingredients are in them (not that I don't splurge on a frozen pizza once in a while - I'm addicted to the spinach/mushroom thinn crust pizzas ).
    Excellent idea!(Especially saving $)
    Thank you for your concern and kindness for everyone here.
    It is much appreciated

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I read some of the previous comments and I can relate. Just preparing a meal or doing anything around the house, and the recovery time can be forever.
    I don't know what is going on with my body. Today my legs don't want to move at all. It was too cold out for me to walk, so I hitched a ride to the mall. Wasn't much better as my walking basically grinded to a halt. Not much change since .
    When all is said and done, I am thankful I can walk, just the simple action of being able to do so.
    I'm physically exhausted and yet the evening is still young. Time for some
    strong coffee, so I'll last a few more hours. Take care everyone!

Tried to Delete that mad face,but can't. Don't know where it came from
    Last edited by Skippy; Sat, Feb 4th, 2012 at 05:42 PM.

Page 90 of 113 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast

Thread Information