User Tag List

Page 89 of 113 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1691
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Chronic Pain Management Support Group

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so it seems for me anyways helping out my Mom with her cupboards yesterday.. guess my head didn't calculate properly that a 41 year old's body and back back should NOT be shoving itself into cupboards and cleaning them was such a great idea. too much bending and twisting (more like contortionist like movements) did a number on my back. i was ok. sat for a minute after to rest. felt nothing.. went to use the bathroom, got up *POP* couldnt' move. unfortunately my normal 2 Advil are not even touching the pain. can't stand right. leaning to the left. so says hubby, walking with a cane. sitting on my massager/heater is helping. but SO much to do here. can't stand for more then a couple of minutes. doing dishes is going to take me all day. laundry. OMG. i need something stronger. my hubby said i should go to the dr. and say 'heh this is what i go through'. but i can't even get there. it means driving. i just wish something would knock me out until this is over.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Got day surgery tomm. Not looking forward to it.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good luck with your surgery! Let us know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by gameprogirl View Post
    Got day surgery tomm. Not looking forward to it.
    MY ORANGE KEY 16680564S1
    Every time a friend opens a Tangerine Account with $100 or more and uses your Orange Key, you'll both get $25.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    so it seems for me anyways helping out my Mom with her cupboards yesterday.. guess my head didn't calculate properly that a 41 year old's body and back back should NOT be shoving itself into cupboards and cleaning them was such a great idea. too much bending and twisting (more like contortionist like movements) did a number on my back. i was ok. sat for a minute after to rest. felt nothing.. went to use the bathroom, got up *POP* couldnt' move. unfortunately my normal 2 Advil are not even touching the pain. can't stand right. leaning to the left. so says hubby, walking with a cane. sitting on my massager/heater is helping. but SO much to do here. can't stand for more then a couple of minutes. doing dishes is going to take me all day. laundry. OMG. i need something stronger. my hubby said i should go to the dr. and say 'heh this is what i go through'. but i can't even get there. it means driving. i just wish something would knock me out until this is over.
    So sorry to hear that. I don't clean much around here any more. I'm in a lot of pain last couple of days and am really not sure why. Need to see doc, but no appt until Feb 14! So I called my former dr. They are going to see if they can squeeze me in. I can't go to a walk-in clinic and ask for Oxy as they will think I'm an addict. Hope my old doc can see me.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Pain and Meds. are tiring me out, along with other issues I am dealing with. Time for a jolt of caffeine.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I got great news. My former doc found a new office so I can stay with him!!Yaaaahhoooo! He is very kind and thorough. Got some scripts to help for now and spent the day getting x-ray, ultrasound & blood work. Good day for me.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

This week I got a referral to a pain management clinic, hopefully it does some good for me. I became more serious about the cortisone injections, my doctor said realistically, if I took cortisone it would only last me about a month, and I couldn't have more then 2 a year and it would cause more harm then it's worth over the years. She suggested again non-steroid injections, however no benefit plan covers it, and its very expensive and Ive been told it only works for 10% of people who use it. I can only continue what I'm doing. My insurance company (who isn't even paying me) are forcing me to a different physio clinic then I went to before, they said I will be forced to do physically demanding tasks and I have to deal with it and get used to it so I can pretty much know what to expect when I go back to standing for 8-12hrs a day, though I can't even cook a full meal or do my own laundry yet. I really don't know what to do, I got a lawyer. This christmas when I had to do some shopping, from 1 day of shopping, I could not get out of bed without assistance for 3 days.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

That's ridiculous! Glad to hear you got a lawyer. Insurance should be to help, but never is.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thats craziness Pinky. im where u r and looking at going on disability.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetybird999 View Post
    I got great news. My former doc found a new office so I can stay with him!!Yaaaahhoooo! He is very kind and thorough. Got some scripts to help for now and spent the day getting x-ray, ultrasound & blood work. Good day for me.
    Excellent! Nice to hear some good news on this thread.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLincoln View Post
    This week I got a referral to a pain management clinic, hopefully it does some good for me. I became more serious about the cortisone injections, my doctor said realistically, if I took cortisone it would only last me about a month, and I couldn't have more then 2 a year and it would cause more harm then it's worth over the years. She suggested again non-steroid injections, however no benefit plan covers it, and its very expensive and Ive been told it only works for 10% of people who use it. I can only continue what I'm doing. My insurance company (who isn't even paying me) are forcing me to a different physio clinic then I went to before, they said I will be forced to do physically demanding tasks and I have to deal with it and get used to it so I can pretty much know what to expect when I go back to standing for 8-12hrs a day, though I can't even cook a full meal or do my own laundry yet. I really don't know what to do, I got a lawyer. This christmas when I had to do some shopping, from 1 day of shopping, I could not get out of bed without assistance for 3 days.
    Unfortunately this scenario sounds familiar. Different Physio.clinic, you'll somehow be reprogrammed to do what they want you to do,and miraculously the clinic will declare you fit. Otherwise they wouldn't get any further business from the insurance company.
    I hope the Lawyer is successful.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Thanks everyone, it was quick and semi painless. Today I'm just taking it easy and stuffing my face because I wasn't allowed to eat for 3 days before the surgery, it was liquid diet only, which was horrible. By day 3 I wanted to eat anything I could find
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks everyone, it was quick and semi painless. Today I'm just taking it easy and stuffing my face because I wasn't allowed to eat for 3 days before the surgery, it was liquid diet only, which was horrible. By day 3 I wanted to eat anything I could find
    Excellent!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ah, rest and food will help you heal! Take care!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so glad to hear all is better gamegirl. eat away. their 'free' calories anyway.
    im much better today. still taking it slow but can actually move now and walk. still having to take breaks as i tire easily. but the pain is nearly gone, just a little pressure. and every once in a while my back reminds me what I did. and i get a 'jolt' OUCH. hopefully by the time the weekend is over i'll be back to 'normal' LOL.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 89 of 113 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast

Thread Information