User Tag List

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: April 2017 Frugal Chater All Welcome

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avrose View Post
    So true Lilo, weird not having extra but you realize how much you have! I also found several blank pink 30% stickers that fell off stuff. haha
    Today I went to pick up cheques from a couple radio station wins so budgeting that out. I kept $100 out to spend but didn't spend much, trying to focus more on need vs. want. Also trying to have less stuff in my house!
    congrats on the wins

it's amazing when we make the lists of wants vs. needs, many items get moved the the wants list in my personal experience.
    Angela273, Ciel, avrose and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening all,

They were calling for rain today but the sunshine was in full force so I took a change, hung a load of towels out and couch blankets (dang dogs - haha). Anyways I took them off the line by 130pm as it started to cloud over, tossed in the dryer for 10 minutes and all done.

They are calling for rain again tomorrow more probability so I may not chance it but time will tell (lol).

Supper tonight was hamburgers (FB lean ground beef at $2.88lbs) very lean meat which was nice, often I buy the lean and there is tons of fat but not this time.

I started my spaghetti sauce this am before ds2 left for school, I used a whole family pack of the lean ground beef, 2 x 1 litre jars of tomatoes I had in the freezer because I got lazy last September (only have 3 more in there...yippy) and 2 cans of tomato sauce (not pasta sauce) and voila, enough spaghetti for Thursday's supper (I like to let the sauce sit for 1-2 days as it gets better tasting in my opinion). And I have 2x 1 litre jars in the freezer and 1x 500ml so quite a few meals for super cheap price.

Dh went to Independent and got 8x packs of pork side ribs at $1.88lbs, 6 packs of chicken drumsticks @$5 a package and lots of other crap that wasn't on the list....sigh.

Tomorrow nights supper is ribs on the bbq, yummer - nice change

So far I have spent $60 on ground beef, $30 on chicken drumsticks and need to tally up the pork ribs, keeping tracks as I plan to spend $310 on meat over the next 4 weeks to stockpile my freezers as they were getting very bare. And now we will have a better variety of meat options which makes everyone happy.

I'll gaze over next weeks flyers to see what other options I can ad to the variety.

Really need to do some baking, I have some special request so perhaps tomorrow if it's raining and damp.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight's supper was KD, watermelon, leftover ham sausage.
    Tomorrow's supper has leftover chicken drumsticks...not sure what else.

I took the kids shopping after picking our son up from Pre-K. I spent $87 at NF today. I used $4 in coupons, $1 in rebates, 5,450 in points. I now have an entire crisper full of apples, I'll turn some into a 9x13" pan of apple crisp, which everyone loves. I found some great coupons at NF, which was surprising. I spent $50.13 at CT and used the $50 in promotional gift card and used 13c in points. I submitted the receipt for 50c in rebate.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Apr 26th, 2017 at 12:05 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Some shopping today at Co-op, BOGO deals mostly, so that helps the budget.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Evening all,

They were calling for rain today but the sunshine was in full force so I took a change, hung a load of towels out and couch blankets (dang dogs - haha). Anyways I took them off the line by 130pm as it started to cloud over, tossed in the dryer for 10 minutes and all done.

They are calling for rain again tomorrow more probability so I may not chance it but time will tell (lol).

Supper tonight was hamburgers (FB lean ground beef at $2.88lbs) very lean meat which was nice, often I buy the lean and there is tons of fat but not this time.

I started my spaghetti sauce this am before ds2 left for school, I used a whole family pack of the lean ground beef, 2 x 1 litre jars of tomatoes I had in the freezer because I got lazy last September (only have 3 more in there...yippy) and 2 cans of tomato sauce (not pasta sauce) and voila, enough spaghetti for Thursday's supper (I like to let the sauce sit for 1-2 days as it gets better tasting in my opinion). And I have 2x 1 litre jars in the freezer and 1x 500ml so quite a few meals for super cheap price.

Dh went to Independent and got 8x packs of pork side ribs at $1.88lbs, 6 packs of chicken drumsticks @$5 a package and lots of other crap that wasn't on the list....sigh.

Tomorrow nights supper is ribs on the bbq, yummer - nice change

So far I have spent $60 on ground beef, $30 on chicken drumsticks and need to tally up the pork ribs, keeping tracks as I plan to spend $310 on meat over the next 4 weeks to stockpile my freezers as they were getting very bare. And now we will have a better variety of meat options which makes everyone happy.

I'll gaze over next weeks flyers to see what other options I can ad to the variety.

Really need to do some baking, I have some special request so perhaps tomorrow if it's raining and damp.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    Great planning! And here I am complaining about the 2 large packs of ribs in the freezer that I want to use up lol (they take up lots of room ) I think we are planning them for dinner Saturday night. We are going to a festival in the morning but will be home early enough to hopefully enjoy the sunshine and bbq the ribs etc.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight I will make shake and bake drumsticks with oven fries/salad and sliced up cucumber. I bought a big pack at RCSS for $1.77 LB (and received pc pts) so will cook enough for dinner tonight and the rest will be put in the freezer for another night.
    I am doing them in the oven so I have time to run around and do other things to get the house in order.

I put a bucket of laundry away this morning (it was hung out to dry on Sunday) And have a load in dryer to deal with tonight. Never ends.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

When putting stuff away I looked in my gift closet and saw a birthday gift that I forgot that I bought for my niece! So I think I am officially done shopping for her birthday and Christmas! I actually have way too much which I am glad about!

Mother's Day. I bought some fancy organic chocolate bars back in January. They were reduced to $1.54 and regular price was over $10. I bought 1 for me to eat lol and one for my Mother to go with her Mother's Day gifts. It was really good and I'm surprised I haven't eaten them yet I am awaiting the hanging basket sales that usually happen 1-2 weeks before. Now I just have to get organized for the other 3 birthdays in June that I have!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My aunt sent out a mass text yesterday to invite people to a potluck on May long weekend. My dad, grandma, and my sister's twins all have birthdays the same week. They will be turning 59, 89, and 1yr old. The Gathering is in Saskatoon, as usual, so Dh and I will have to think about it. Trips that far (5hrs without children, lol), takes a lot of time, energy, money, and planning. We are planning on being up there for Canada long weekend for my mom's family reunion.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My aunt sent out a mass text yesterday to invite people to a potluck on May long weekend. My dad, grandma, and my sister's twins all have birthdays the same week. They will be turning 59, 89, and 1yr old. The Gathering is in Saskatoon, as usual, so Dh and I will have to think about it. Trips that far (5hrs without children, lol), takes a lot of time, energy, money, and planning. We are planning on being up there for Canada long weekend for my mom's family reunion.
    For sure! My sister drove to Florida with my niece when she was 6 mths old (24 hr drive for us) The past 2 winters they flew and paid someone to take her vehicle to Florida for them. She thought driving with a toddler would not be fun lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    For sure! My sister drove to Florida with my niece when she was 6 mths old (24 hr drive for us) The past 2 winters they flew and paid someone to take her vehicle to Florida for them. She thought driving with a toddler would not be fun lol
    I read the message again this morning and the potluck is on Mother's Day, not the long weekend. I don't know why she did that when we live so far away. If we go, it will be an even shorter round trip...just how I was hoping to spend my Mother's Day.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I read the message again this morning and the potluck is on Mother's Day, not the long weekend. I don't know why she did that when we live so far away. If we go, it will be an even shorter round trip...just how I was hoping to spend my Mother's Day.
    Yeah that doesn't sound like a fun weekend. Personally I would probably just not go since you already have plans to head that way Canada Day long weekend. Enjoy your Mom weekend at home with your family and no stress of traveling
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Reminder that tomorrow is the last day for the last batch of money back rebates (Finish, KY etc)

I had plans to do them all but kind of forgot about them. The only smart thing I did was cut them out and put them all in a brown envelope marked `rebates`` so that drew my attention to it today. I picked up the one item I really wanted. My honey will do the same and send to the 2nd address. I may pop out tonight and buy a few more depending how I feel tonight.
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took our twins to a free 1hr program this morning, then I took them for a 1hr walk. They both fell to sleep within the first two blocks. I didn't find any bottles or cans, but I found a loonie. I picked up two more cans of Clark's beans for $1.64 - $1 Zweet rebate, then headed back to the school to pick our son up and head home for lunch. We got fresh air, exercise, and saved the gas by not driving. I have the 3rd load of laundry in the dryer right now, our son's bedding and towels. I'll do another load of two this afternoon. Either today or tomorrow I want to make chili and freeze some for a future meal. I also want to bake a big pan of apple crisp.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

For those with young kids there is a new $3.50 printable coupon off Children's Advil. The link is on the main page of SC. (advil.ca may work too) Printed off a few hoping to find a sale and stock my friend up that is expecting twins.
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 that's a lot of driving indeed, they certainly should understand if you choose not to attend.
    @Frugalbigmama my freezers were getting pretty empty thus stocking up on meat over the next 4 weeks....we don't buy ribs that often as they are normally quite pricey and they are mostly bones (waste) but I thought it would be a nice change as we haven't had them in ages. And of course my moto seems to be stockup for 2 months at a time in certain meat cuts, etc....so we're set for 2 months on those rack of bones

Personally I'm selfish on mother's day (lol), my parents are never around so don't have to worry about them, dh normally pops in early to see MIL. This year I have big plans (haha) but time will tell.

Talking of parents, my mom's on my sh*t list at the moment, can't wait for them to leave on May 1st. She made a comment about my mental health which really ticked me off, she doesn't listen, doesn't understand and certainly cannot relate so when she said your in a little depression I told her I had to get off the phone. Seriously I have dealt with these issues and other issues my whole life, while she says they are not to blame, what the hell kind of a comment is that....grr....thanks for listening

Dh is gone to look at a potential item that we could turn into a chicken coop this evening.

We purchased the dog kennel on Easter weekend, going to get the guys to set it up on Saturday morning as I am in contact with a lady to purchase her laying hens this weekend.....so excited.

Wishing everyone a great evening
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information