User Tag List

Page 161 of 193 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Midnightly... totally agree and have had this problem as well. A great option is going to your local pool as they usually have race suits (Speedo for example) in stock... the best ones are the polyester ones as they last a LONG time even in public pool chlorine (we get a lot of wear as our kids swim at home and at the public pool many times a week). Also there are Canadian race swim stores that sell them online (https://www.team-aquatic.com). These suits are sized with numbers so just double check online... and they are made to fit snug so can always go up a bit. Justice also had quite a few one piece options they fit well for a pretty suit.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Return of the residents who water their lawns-odd numbered homes watering on even number days, contrary to the city by-law. One day too early plus tomorrow has rain in the forecast. Repeat scenario with even numbered houses watering lawns on odd number days.

Seeing a dangling striped inchworm/cankerworm with fuzzy appearance today -glad I dodged that one.
    Angela273 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had an emergency laparoscopic appendectomy last week. I'm not allowed to lift over 10lbs for 2-3wks, or over 15lbs for 4wks. Problem is that we have 3 young children, the lightest of which is 23lbs. I can't take them anywhere by myself because they are too heavy for me to put in car seats or the stroller. I don't like having to lose my independence and rely so much on others.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jun 12th, 2017 at 09:58 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    the amount of bikini's out there for young children! out hunting for a new swimsuit for my daughter (9yrs old) and i want a 1 piece suit for her (she something that offers some coverage, something that can't slip down or ride up), it is shocking how many stores are selling two piece bikini style suits aimed at young children while offering very few choices for 1 piece suits.. children's place offers 6 different styles of 2 piece swimsuits (bikini style) and only 1 option for a 1 piece and old navy wasn't much better! am i suddenly a prude to want my child to be covered (heck less areas to have to sunscreen!) and not worry about her top riding up or bottoms slipping down?
    Landsend! They have great little girl swimsuits. I know they're in the US, but they calculate duties and fees right in at checkout so no surprises. I bought my DD a lovely swimsuit for $19 Canadian shipped to my door. And they often (always) have coupon codes.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

@Midnightly

If there's a school uniform shop nearby, try that. My daughter's school has a mandated swimsuit for swimming lessons. It probably a tad more expensive but they are full coverage.
    Angela273, Ciel and wolfwoman like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I had an emergency laparoscopic appendectomy last week. I'm not allowed to lift over 10lbs for 2-3wks, or over 15lbs for 4wks. Problem is that we have 3 young children, the lightest of which is 23lbs. I can't take them anywhere by myself because they are too heavy for me to put in car seats or the stroller. I don't like having to lose my independence and rely so much on others.
    Get well soon.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I realize we are about two weeks from the Canada Day celebrations around 150 but I am feeling so uncelebratory and have no plans for that timeframe. Still like my bank calendar though.

I have not even sewn anything in red and white...

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Airism free samples were given out at the Airism garden during Taste of Toronto. So want this brand of shirt today...
    Angela273 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I realize we are about two weeks from the Canada Day celebrations around 150 but I am feeling so uncelebratory and have no plans for that timeframe. Still like my bank calendar though.
    I have not even sewn anything in red and white...
    I'm with you. In fact, given the long weekend, I planned a trip to the states, and didnt even consider it was Canada 150 weekend... go figure. I'll sing O Canada in my car on the way to Boston. That'll do it.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and Poirot like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When the store or restaurant's debit machine doesnt support tap-to-pay, which means I cant pay with my phone app, thus making me dig out my wallet to make payments using my actual credit/debit card like a frickin caveman.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

When my husband plans to volunteer for 8hrs on Saturday and 6 hours on Sunday, with two different organizations for free. We both do volunteer work, but I'm still recovering from my emergency surgery and I find it hard to care for our young children the way that I want to. I'm very limited without dh's help, so I am unable to take the children anywhere without him. I'm improving, I just really have to limit myself. It would be much worse if I end up with a surgical hernia, so I just have to be patient. The good thing is that our twins are young enough that they won't remember.
    Ciel, Linda Evans and Arvilish like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Managed to get washed sheets out on the line for an hour after the last rain seemed to have left. One sheet when taken down seemed to have a large flat worm on it (several inches long) and I freaked but it was some creature's no. 2 bathroom duty. Had to wash set again. Still noticed some clumps of beige dots on sheets after wash 2. Getting royally ticked. Tonight I take apart fabric softener dispenser (look, bits of that t-shirt price tag are trapped there from last week!) and lift off the agitator. Seems my flannel bedding lint from several washes ago clumped in screen areas and crevices and is beige! I also ran paper towels on rubber seal under lid and under the drum rim (lots of black stuff and stray metal as the 21yr old machine is a-rusting). Glad I solved the clumping mystery. Will wipe down interior in morning with alcohol wipes to get the last traces of icky lint and company removed before morning laundry occurs.

I could use a cartoon with magical unicorns right about now...

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  2017-06-23_20-44-14.gif
Views: 248
Size:  251.8 KB
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  2017-06-23_20-45-41.gif
Views: 259
Size:  72.7 KB
    Ciel, GoJays and nicolthepickle like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

so the Jays BLEW the 4-1 lead they had in the bottom of the ninth letting the KC Royals win last night.....silver lining is at least we are not the Baltimore Orioles!! ha ha
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 161 of 193 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 ... LastLast

Thread Information