User Tag List

Page 226 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 726 1226 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

(double post during maintenance....)
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Jul 9th, 2017 at 06:06 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, I'm okay - it's nothing serious, just a general unwell feeling at times during the day. And, if possible, sleeping less than I usually do, so that probably has lots to do with it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning and Happy Sunday everyone!
    Name:  9f4142e3e9a6c0f3789b1fcf7766c8c1.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  86.7 KB
    Last edited by dededi; Sun, Jul 9th, 2017 at 08:34 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hahaha....now THAT'S the question, @dededi !!

Good fine morning, everyone!!
    Hope you can all enjoy 'wasting' your day!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yes! @dededi I seem to enjoy wasting plenty of days since retiring....ha ha.
    So another part to the weekend....the dreaded Sunday where ( for the working ones here ) it is all about trying not to think about Monday.
    I cooked up a turkey this morning, stuffing and all! This was an amazing kind of turkey. Cost me less than most chickens! It was around $8.50.....and I used one of those gauze bags that you fill up with stuffing and place into the birds cavity. It's pulled back out fairly easily with a tug or two, no losing stuffing inside the birds crevices!!
    Made the last of the spuds up in the bird juices ( roasted ) but won't have anything left in the pan to make gravy. That's o.k. there is fresh cranberry sauce I made instead. Carrots and broccoli as sides.
    There is a Jays game on at 1 p.m. so I wanted this all done early......

Hope everyone has a lovely day today! ( try not to think about Monday )
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Jul 9th, 2017 at 11:21 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yes! @dededi I seem to enjoy wasting plenty of days since retiring....ha ha.
    So another part to the weekend....the dreaded Sunday where ( for the working ones here ) it is all about trying not to think about Monday.
    I cooked up a turkey this morning, stuffing and all! This was an amazing kind of turkey. Cost me less than most chickens! It was around $8.50.....and I used one of those gauze bags that you fill up with stuffing and place into the birds cavity. It's pulled back out fairly easily with a tug or two, no losing stuffing inside the birds crevices!!
    Made the last of the spuds up in the bird juices ( roasted ) but won't have anything left in the pan to make gravy. That's o.k. there is fresh cranberry sauce I made instead. Carrots and broccoli as sides.
    There is a Jays game on at 1 p.m. so I wanted this all done early......

Hope everyone has a lovely day today! ( try not to think about Monday )
    My Mom always used cheesecloth for the birdie stuffing so I've always done it that way, too....funny how all of a sudden it's "too dangerous" to cook dressing in turkys. Looks like we all survived...
    Enjoy that beautiful dinner...turkey in summers are great, esp those inexpensive ones that go on sale now and then...we freeze them for days like that.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi hope everyone is having a great weekend I am unable to post anything using my tablet don't want to be sitting at the desk top all day Don't know why I an unable to do so it's been happening since Friday so will see what tomorrow brings. Have a great Sunday everyone

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

"The year Of Living Dangerously" is on tv!!! I hope you're Pvr-ing it!! Great movie!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    ....caught the reference right away, @avoncallingu........the best part about fall arriving.....NFL begins!!! Too funy...I just watched Pitch Perfect and Clay Matthews had a role, singing as part of an acapella group.....{{{drool}}}. Oh, my......

DH was taken in right away, the doc tidied up the incision, applied a very absorbent pad and bandage and he's much more comfy now. Should it start up again, he's to go back and get patched up again. The joys of warfarin. Thank you for your concern, Sweetheart, I'll pass it along to him.
    Hi Lynn.. so glad hear that your darling hubby got help he needed from doc ..hope and pray everything is going good now .. sending my thoughts and prayers sweetie

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    "The year Of Living Dangerously" is on tv!!! I hope you're Pvr-ing it!! Great movie!
    @Lynn49 I usually just watch youtube. Or I will try to find old episodes of seinfeld, friends etc on my kodi media player. However most of the links I use to watch these shows have shut down due to penalties being increased for streaming copyrighted content. No big deal for me, I only used the media player once in a while for these shows.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1626.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  31.8 KB

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Got some packing done tonight. I packed up my liquor and marked it "To kitchen- as close as possible to a box labelled "glasses" I figure I will need a drink that night!

My friend in Chatham who spends all her time helping others took a trip with her husband over to Michigan to celebrate their 92 year old friends' wedding anniversary. She is blind herself -(she's is the one who went to Papua ,New Guinea at Christmas to see her granddaughter play in an international volleyball tournament)

Well, within 10 minutes of getting there she tripped over their dog- fell and separated her shoulder tearing her rotator cuff. Ambulance-x-rays- meds- doctors- - I sure hope they have cross-border insurance, but I doubt that they do.

I was going to Chatham tomorrow to put some flowers at my DH's grave before I move further away so she asked me to drop by. But I have to take Sadie because I will be away so long. They have a dog too. One of them will have to be outside.

I hate to say this, but I have begun to see some leaves falling on our forest walks- just little ones but it's hardly because we have had dry weather! A little sumac sprout even has a hint of red on it's leaves.

Sadie has been a model citizen when she meets new dogs and people- 95% of the time.
    I bought her a new collar for her new trip to her new house (After her clip on Tuesday.) You have to make a good first impression, you know-since her mummy is going to look like she's been dragged through a hedge backwards as my dad used to say. Sadie will have to be the fashion statement for our family for now.

Well, good-night my friends!
    Happy dreams to all!
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 6 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning Fam.
    Got another few car/truck loads up to the house this past weekend...our garage looks like the Amazon Warehouse right now...boxes and boxes, all stacked in aisle upon aisle...
    Drywall/Painting guys are almost done, finishing up today, and then the Lady and I will be in semi cleaning before the Pro Cleaning crew comes in early next week...then it's the final big move with the Movers...and we'll be all moved in by end of two weekends from now!

Had to drop a fair bit for a new riding mower...the one we had went to lawn lower heaven (you know, that place where the grass is perfectly level and it never grows more than an inch before being cut so the blades don't gum up!? Yeah, that place...) Any ways, new riding mower. FIL spent the weekend researching and calling around for us. Gave him something to do while he's recovering at home.

Any who, have a wonderful day folks, stay dry, stay cool, stay happy!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone, I hope U have a wonderful day!
    Name:  783f6b26cb39de54fe123104b3713837.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  47.9 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thread Information