User Tag List

Page 162 of 193 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@GoodBoy -thank you for the magical unicorns!

Did a laundry load of towels-more lint clumps on the lot but was able to shake almost all of the clumps off.

Positive rant-a certain motorcyclist visitor finally parked his bike on the driveway instead of the sidewalk. Guess my mini rant last time was effective.
    Postive rant #2-actually saw a youth cyclist stop at a stop sign and use his left arm to properly signal a turn! He thanked me for waiting for him to make his turn as I was on the sidewalk with two heavy bags. Wow.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Eating too much, most likely 6-7 times a day.
    Last edited by amyrichardson; Tue, Jul 4th, 2017 at 04:08 AM.
    Ciel, macw1960 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amyrichardson View Post
    Eating too much, most likely 6-7 times a day.
    Sounds like my carb-loading! Sometimes sweet soft things or crisp veggies or salty snacks. Munch, munch, munch. With hot temperatures , I'm drinking Pepsi like it's water.
    macw1960 likes this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ran out of Gochujang

Sent from my iPhone
    JadeAngel, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

LCBO is sold out of Gin Smash.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Trying to learn how to use a Mac computer to do photo editing for work. Finally found everything needed, the Mac, the USB Stick with old photos, the photoshop log on to re download. Now I am trying to adjust to using a Mac
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

the usual....we used less water compared to last year at this reading so naturally in the side of the bill it states that as of Jan 1. 2017 City Council approved another rate increase of 5.0%....whatever....
    Now I see another notice in the side bar which states that effective Jan 1, 2017 ALL residential customers will be charged an annual fee of $8.00 a dwelling for collection of oversized and metal items.
    So if a household never tosses any oversized or metal items on the curb in a year they STILL pay the $8.00.
    I am miffed!
    I see many neighbours on my street, repeat offenders that toss out furniture, mattresses, appliances, and we might have 1 or 2 things ( old lawn chair or a bike ) in the whole year.

very unfair. It should be billed per house per item each time you toss something.
    o.k. my rant is over, just got off the phone with Water/Sewage and they were useless, only confirming the fact that we are getting screwed again.
    Ciel, GoJays, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

In our town we pay a dollar per large item. We have to buy stickers from various retailers around town and the item must have a sticker to be picked up

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    the usual....we used less water compared to last year at this reading so naturally in the side of the bill it states that as of Jan 1. 2017 City Council approved another rate increase of 5.0%....whatever....
    Now I see another notice in the side bar which states that effective Jan 1, 2017 ALL residential customers will be charged an annual fee of $8.00 a dwelling for collection of oversized and metal items.
    So if a household never tosses any oversized or metal items on the curb in a year they STILL pay the $8.00.
    I am miffed!
    I see many neighbours on my street, repeat offenders that toss out furniture, mattresses, appliances, and we might have 1 or 2 things ( old lawn chair or a bike ) in the whole year.

very unfair. It should be billed per house per item each time you toss something.
    o.k. my rant is over, just got off the phone with Water/Sewage and they were useless, only confirming the fact that we are getting screwed again.
    Ciel, macw1960 and dededi like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    In our town we pay a dollar per large item. We have to buy stickers from various retailers around town and the item must have a sticker to be picked up
    We use to get a few $25 vouchers to bring stuff to the dump per year. Then they canned that and now I think they have a $35 charge for up to 5 items to be picked up.
    Ciel, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @SassyAshley We have the smallest garbage receptacle bin and it used to be totally free for the whole year.....and we only get pick up every 2 weeks for actual garbage. One bag produced every 2 weeks by 4 adults, 2 dogs, 2 cats and some fish ( ha ha )

Every other receptacle there was a fee for, so we sure liked this incentive to be diligent with our recycling and keeping compost foods separate.......however, slowly they started charging us for our smallest bin ( not that much but still! )

The odd time we have more than 1 bag to place out so we would place a yellow sticker ( sold at Canadian Tire ) on it and place it beside our bin. If ever we had a major cleanup or small reno we took all that stuff to the Transfer Station and of course placed the computer stuff, paint stuff in their sections ( no charge ), then we paid the remaining charge on the weight of what we were actually tossing into the Depot Garbage pile.

Now I feel like I want to get my $8.00 worth and start chucking whatever I want every 2 weeks to the curb! If they are going to charge me when I don't do it, I might as well do it??
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Jul 10th, 2017 at 01:18 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I am miffed!

In Hamilton, furniture pickup requires a call to municipality to arrange pickup during collection day and bill is put on property tax account. However, sometimes furniture or scrap metal is taken by interested persons with vehicles. Student neighbourhoods sometimes have an amnesty week during move-in or out from municipal pickup rules but I can tell when absent landlords own places with tiny yards full of stuff stuck at curb.
    @walkonby-I am surprised Toronto has not moved to pay to pickup when you need service. Get on the phone to your councillor about the $8 fee regardless. It does not make sense to pay if you don't park things outside. Does the $8 fee hit apartment dwellers too? High density buildings almost always have stuff at the curb every week. Let's see what the City website has to say:

https://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...0071d60f89RCRD

Got to pay even if service is not used. Would love to know how bylaw officers are going to move on complaints about dumping-going to need video proof of infraction happening?
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Jul 10th, 2017 at 06:27 PM.
    GoJays, macw1960 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My poor laptop is on its last legs. I have to have the screen at juuuuuuust the right angle for it to work otherwise I get the black screen of death. I really don't want to go computer shopping anytime soon but it looks like I might have to start keeping my eyes open for a sale. It's not so much the shopping but the transferring of all those files that is painful for me.
    Ciel, macw1960 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Confirmation from the Universe today that living in a house not in my name means I'll live a perpetual Groundhog Day existence of certain things happening over and over-the person can do whatever despite possible safety hazards or risk to others. Today I acknowledged to someone that I will be leaving soon. Open Street won't be a festival but life on the street. Trading a known h*** for an unknown-the wildcard of life.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have to write a self evaluation for work, I hate evaluating myself. Do they not know I obsessed about these things for day which is why I usually write it the morning of my evaluation so I can literally have no time to over think it, just enough time to write it, print it and hand it in.

Good news is I volunteered to be first this year.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I have to make a trip to the bank drive through to deposit DH $10.00 Home Depot rebate cheque he got on Thursday. I don't feel like going out. hrmph!
    GoJays and macw1960 like this.

Page 162 of 193 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 ... LastLast

Thread Information