User Tag List

Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1051
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

I've gotten those messages too. I just ignore them. I figure it's just baiters with nothing better to do with their lives looking to pass the time. Never engage.
    Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    The same thing happened to me. I was selling an item for $50 (retailed for $80) and I had someone email me that they got a better price on amazon, why was I asking this amount, etc. I was patient and a week later I found a buyer who was impressed with the excellent condition this item was and paid $50 no questions asked. I don't understand why some people feel the need to police items for sale.....if the price was too high in a store would you speak to the manager? of course not.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

People are always going to be people and think they can interject. I remember last year a group of people on the site I use decided to ban to together to try to set rules on pricing. They wanted the Admin of the group to make all pricing part of the rules which would basically mean no one would have control over how they priced their items.

Example where:
    All Men/Woman's Tops could not be price higher than $2
    All Baby Clothing should be $1 each
    All Woman's Pants/Skirts could not be priced higher than $5
    All Baby Toys to be $5 or less

Of course there was uproar you would image with people threatening to leave the group, start their own group which I understand. Heck I have 3 tops posted right now for $10 each as they are Brand New With Tags. In the end Admin basically came back with if you feel the price too high do not buy but each seller has the right to set their own prices.

I think the biggest thing to remember is most of the people who do this live to be anonymous behind a computer screen. They probably feel they can say whatever they want without repercussion as they are talking to a stranger they will never meet or have interaction with, they don't care if you like them and if they get you to change your price they win.

It is no different then when someone low balls you and when you reject it they say you will never sell the item, most times I have sold the item at asking later. People just feel they are entitled to share their opinions.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our youngest are boy/girl twins and we have decided that our family is large enough, so I am selling baby items that we no longer need. I keep my “sell” stuff in our shed in the back yard. It really frustrates me when people get me to bring in boxes of baby clothes then they never show up, or they cancel last minute, or they reschedule and still don’t show up, or don’t reply to messages, or only bring a limited amount of money and only look at half the stuff they had asked for. Dh questions why I put in so much effort trying to sell this stuff. I think I’m going to leave the stuff in the shed until the person actually shows up, I know where the labeled and sorted boxes are.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Dec 12th, 2017 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Fixed error
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have done real well on jiji the past week and half. I have made $600.00! It does take a lot of work, but all you need is the right person to come along.......... PATIENCE is key!!!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I was selling something for $300 and someone offered me $100. I said no thank you, and they responded the next week with they would take it. So YAY me.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What I found out was someone put a text number in for me to respond to - being new to the whole texting thing, I never thought to check and see where it was. So, after the dude bailed on me (10 texts later), my cell phone bill comes in with an additional $14 charge - because my plan does not cover US outgoing texts (which I didn't realize). The other one was about a month ago - MANY emails, several changes of scheduled pick up dates - then they inform me they are not even in my country - WHY bother?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow endi! That would be sicken!

Kijiji is sure hit and miss, but I can't really complain, over the past three weeks I have made $1125.00 on jiji.
    Last edited by maggiespice; Tue, Dec 12th, 2017 at 03:34 PM.
    Angela273, Ciel, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just don't get murdered on there. Not worth the headache at all. Local dump is free.
    Or value village.
    mulock likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    Just don't get murdered on there. Not worth the headache at all. Local dump is free.
    Or value village.
    ????
    barbis9 and GoJays like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Ouch! Yeah you gotta watch with that texting. What I've discovered is that people will msg me asking to text them back if an item is still available. I've done that a few times and never heard back which I thought was weird but then one time I did that and got a reply saying the person I was texting was not at this number so people are replying to kijiji ads and either randomly or purposefully handing out other people's cells. My lesson is that I no longer text replies - only kijiji msg. It's actually easier for me to keep track of who is who for what item when I have multiple potential sales on the go anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by endi2000 View Post
    What I found out was someone put a text number in for me to respond to - being new to the whole texting thing, I never thought to check and see where it was. So, after the dude bailed on me (10 texts later), my cell phone bill comes in with an additional $14 charge - because my plan does not cover US outgoing texts (which I didn't realize). The other one was about a month ago - MANY emails, several changes of scheduled pick up dates - then they inform me they are not even in my country - WHY bother?

Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupongirl99 View Post
    Ouch! Yeah you gotta watch with that texting. What I've discovered is that people will msg me asking to text them back if an item is still available. I've done that a few times and never heard back which I thought was weird but then one time I did that and got a reply saying the person I was texting was not at this number so people are replying to kijiji ads and either randomly or purposefully handing out other people's cells. My lesson is that I no longer text replies - only kijiji msg. It's actually easier for me to keep track of who is who for what item when I have multiple potential sales on the go anyway.
    I agree whole-heartedly with keeping the contact via kijiji

Replies sent through the Kijiji site and email system are protected. Even though you receive the replies via your email address, they are being filtered through Kijiji. The two parties never see the other's actual personal email address. However once you contact someone outside of the Kijiji system, all bets are off.

Kijiji respondents who ask you to contact them directly, especially by text and especially on first-contact (and especially from another area code), are possibly phishing for your phone# for nefarious means. While you can block your # on a phone call, texting is the only method in which your # is open to them and cannot be blocked.

While I'm sure not EVERY respondent is doing so with ill-intent, if you wish to protect your personal contact info, I would still reply to their messages through the filtered kijiji system and mention that you prefer to communicate via email. (make up an excuse if you have to) If they are serious about the items you or they are selling, they'll keep in contact.

Additionally, one ought to be wary of the phone number Kijiji respondents might provide. If you dont recognize the area code, there's a good chance they aren't local. And you cant (likely) be of any service to one another anyway. However, I'd still reply via the email system just in case.

Either way, some people you never hear from again, and that's fine. That just tells me that they weren't REALLY interested. Of all the items I've sold on kijiji I've never had anyone (serious) object to the communication preference... even right up to arranging a meeting. I've seldom felt any need to exchange any of my ACTUAL personal info.
    barbis9, Ciel and coupongirl99 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupongirl99 View Post
    Yep. Lesson learned! Worked before so why change the system?

barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am selling the hottest ticket in town. An art exhibit that is coming to Toronto that has 40,000 people in an online line up to buy. All I want to do is recoup my costs because we got two sets of tickets

I have received almost 100 messages and no one will actually bother to respond to times I have proposed to meet. Majority of them are "are these still available?" Well they sure will be if no one can get their act together

One guy went so far as to make an offer, have me send him times and meeting locations and then say "oh no sorry I don't want to come to Toronto." ???
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Jan 18th, 2018 at 07:55 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel and coupongirl99 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I am selling the hottest ticket in town. An art exhibit that is coming to Toronto that has 40,000 people in an online line up to buy. All I want to do is recoup my costs because we got two sets of tickets

I have received almost 100 messages and no one will actually bother to respond to times I have proposed to meet. Majority of them are "are these still available?" Well they sure will be if no one can get their act together

One guy went so far as to make an offer, have me send him times and meeting locations and then say "oh no sorry I don't want to come to Toronto." ???
    what is the exhibit?
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Its this mirrors art exhibit. I lined up today just to see and was number 55,000 in line. Managed to find one decent person who showed up with cash, but I had to sort through more than 100 messages and deal with people nonstop for 3 days until I did

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...rors-1.4492970

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    what is the exhibit?
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Jan 19th, 2018 at 07:44 PM.
    Ciel and Linda Evans like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 LastLast

Thread Information