User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree988Likes

Thread: December 2017 Frugal Chatter thread (last chance to party for Canada's 150th)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$37 in sales today. I fueled up my van at Husky because they were offering me 350points, nearly $2.50. I redeemed $15 in Husky rewards points. I finally received the gift cards from our son’s gymnastics fundraiser, and the $20 fundraiser fee was returned to me.

I mailed out two trades today from the post office. I’ll be going grocery shopping at Sobeys tomorrow evening, for 10% off Tuesday. They have an AM offer on 1kg bags of Chipits, which I’m almost out of.

I had a daycare parent ask me if I wanted her daighter’s small clothes, as she sorts them. She said she doesn’t have anyone to give the clothes to. I obviously accepted, I currently do not have anyone giving me clothes for our little girl to grow into.

I just checked out the December schedule for our public livrary’s Programs. I signed up for 3 classes that I am interested in. There were others, but I can’t do everything, with our young family. I’ll probably post about the events as each one occurs.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Dec 4th, 2017 at 10:20 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! Just watched the QC flyers.I see a few deals appealing me,Beef Fondue at iga for 3,99$ a package.sparkling juice at 3,99$ and cheese will see the agropur variety to have free cheese.!!!! Now if the shrimps could become on sale i will be happy as I need a few bags.Good price for the dollar sale at Maxi and good price for fruits and veggies at metro.Wishing everyone a great day!!!!
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I need to take some photos and post some stuff that I know will sell in time for the holidays. I am working at home today so that's my lunch plan. I need to do another purge, bringing out the Christmas decorations always makes me feel a little overwhelmed as it seems to just add to the clutter. I need to remind myself its temporary.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I bought a large bag full of kitchen towels and dish clothes form $5. I just sold the extra kitchen towels for $3, so the stuff I kept only cost me $2 oop.

I managed to have all of the kids nap t the same time this afternoon. I did some Swagbucks on my computer, but only the sugar rivets didn’t all Credit properly.
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 -now I have to remember to get Casal Domingo for some fizz and colour in a glass! I have not kept up watching an ICI-Radio Canada show about different hometowns of Quebec personalities. I know last year was Ricardo's Larrivee's turn to be featured for the 2016 Christmas show. I have no idea who gets the Christmas show this year so I will have to look that up. Really great feedback you received when you gave your donations to the food drive! Seems that you are getting deals everywhere!
    @Angela _273 -really glad you got your fundraising money back and your cards! Sorry to hear that the potluck event was so disappointing and with all the rules related to it (who can bring what, gift values etc.)--you'd be better off putting future $15 gifts towards others elsewhere and enjoying your time elsewhere. Tell DH you won't suffer that party anymore (or quote Gail Vaz Oxlade from last week's column-if you cannot think of a gift for someone, don't bother with gift exchange). Your time is valuable too! Maybe DH will heed your remarks to say he's busy next year and every year for the potluck. Wouldn't you and DH rather spend a date night out together at a buffet instead?
    @saundyl -hey, that tablet purchase was definitely worth chasing! Investment--thank Santa! (There's an Asus laptop that took over my brain at Staples when I was checking out the display model. Good thing I cannot buy it yet.) Interesting tale about the freezer goods going AWOL. So there is no junior cook making food with the items elsewhere or giving them away? Or is the someone else forgetting that the items got used up in something other dish.
    cath007 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

went with daughter-in-law to the doctors with both girls this afternoon -Ashlyn got her needle and she didn't even cry -lol
    then we popped into Costco -get a load of this I only spent 12.00-tray of spring salad ,pkg of bagels (they were 2 for 6.50 but we split the cost)and 2 pkg of bread -I think that's the lowest I have ever spent at Costco going along with my daughter-in-law as we don't have a membership and I am okay with that
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went shopping at Sobeys yesterday and this was the result of my full shopping cart, including pasta for my neighbour. I also received rain checks for 3 products that were out of stock.
    $221.10 before coupons, 10% off, redeeming AM
    $22.10 for 10% off purchase
    $76.28 in coupons
    $74.72 discounts, specials, rain-check
    $30 in Air Miles
    $95.87 oop
    -$1 CO51
    receipt days 55% savings
    earned 83AM

Barilla pasta $1 - 50c coupon - 10% off total purchase = $0.45/box. I got 17 boxes of pasta for our family and my neighbour/friend who is a single mom of 4.

I was charged the wrong price for E.D. Smith jam wub2, and I also did not receive the bonus 25AM. The store was out of both types of milk that I needed, so I will likely go back tonight. I think I will be able to SCOP both jars of jam because they are different flavours. I’m prepared in case there is a problem sorting this out at the store.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Dec 6th, 2017 at 10:48 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Last night I prepped my breakfast/lunch and snacks for today and tomorrow.
    Dinner tonight is bacon eggs and toast for the others. Leftover chicken and salad for me.
    Laundry- I will be on it tonight as soon as I walk in the door so I can get it all done and put away.
    Dinner tomorrow night. Will pull a pork roast and thaw over night for the crockpot (making pulled pork) Will grab fresh buns tomorrow on way home from work. Will make the boys ceaser salad to go with it.
    Friday- Taco night. I meant to make it for last night and it didn't happen. Then the kids can eat tacos for lunch on Saturday since they love them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh came home from work yesterday with the wrapped presents from his company, for our children. We opened them when the kids were in bed. Our son gets to keep his. I’m selling the ones that were sent for our twins. The company buys the toys in bulk and gives the gifts based on age. Our twins have received identical items the last 3yrs. This year’s toy is something that we do not want them to have, so I am selling both. We certainly don’t need two of the exact same toy. One of these toys is SPPU tomorrow.

Our twin boy slept miserably last night. Dh was up with him during the night and I have been up with him since 5am. He’s not a very happy camper today.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah finally got out today as I am better-went to a consignment store got 4.20 for me 7.25 for daughter and 17.00 for daughter-in-law
    then popped into metro saved 14.74 in cpns 1.50 checkout51 got 12 airmiles
    -then popped into shoppers got 6,000 points for spending over 30 plus and extra 1,540 in bonus points -spent 34,points on my razors points on p.c baby bars I bought as I am going to see my grandson this weekend -gonna take him the bars for a treat
    so pretty happy with my small jaunt all the stores were in same plaza so didn't waste gas either
    Angela273, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Value Village will have 40% off party dresses, shoes, purses and accessories on Friday and Saturday this weekend. My store has a small selection of dresses anyway and the sizes tend to be smaller ones. Could be some festive deals for those who are quick and know what's in stock!

My local Shoppers does not carry the Joe Fresh knitwear nor gloves, only the jewellery. My local Rexall does not have the knit blue hat with gold dots but lots of discontinued personal care items and socks on clearance ($3 off $5.99 price if you like poly blend striped or character socks), so I got a $1.25 Blistex Berries lip balm, a $1.35 Chapstick Cherry lip balm and a $2.96 John Frieda Beach Bum salt spray (there's one more left) plus a chocolate bar (regular price). I plan to check a couple of store sites online to see if I should walk to the Meadowlands for pants or not. I likely will buy the red Joe Fresh knit hat at Shoppers at Rymal and Upper James and call that task done. With the wind, the hood is somewhat a nuisance (also a partial blind spot creator so I have twist my head right around to see traffic properly)but a knit hat might be better.

Glad Ms. Sunshine is out. I'm in a grey mood (Mom!) but I managed to get a small Walmart shop run this morning as she needed something and I thought of a couple of other things I need. For whatever reason, I cannot find a store that carries SmartFood Delight popcorn, so I'll let my coupon expire today (Fortinos and Walmart don't-I have a feeling WM does not stock items that might get coupons as I noticed Oasis Health Break antioxia juice blend is not carried and ditto their premium orange juices, items I did find at Longos on Sunday). I did purchase No Name popcorn kernels and popped a batch to have with beer after supper last night.

This morning's breakfast was a 5-egg fried scramble with chopped bell peppers and sunflower oil-thus I have used up the eggs. Still have some milk left-likely to become hot cocoa any night now.
    coupon girl and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    went with daughter-in-law to the doctors with both girls this afternoon -Ashlyn got her needle and she didn't even cry -lol
    then we popped into Costco -get a load of this I only spent 12.00-tray of spring salad ,pkg of bagels (they were 2 for 6.50 but we split the cost)and 2 pkg of bread -I think that's the lowest I have ever spent at Costco going along with my daughter-in-law as we don't have a membership and I am okay with that
    Do you like new Costco or feel it's too big? How were the crowds when you shopped with your daughter-in-law? Great grocery deals found!
    coupon girl and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Library branch has a copy of the new Mohawk College continuing education guide-leafed through and course tuition is still too high for me. Will check to see if courses of interest have similarly expensive textbooks. Tempted to visit an open house as main campus is open Sat. morning and Stoney Creek campus will be open on Tues. night (but there's something else that evening that I plan to attend).

Speaking of libraries, @lilo0003, Oakville Public Library will change branch hours in 2018. You can read all about it in the Ontario>Mississauga subforum under the Local tab.

The Monday night talk at the Burlington McMaster campus on neuroscience and the older consumer was insightful. I also realized that not having an Internet connected device is only making the digital divide so much more like a canyon. One of the themes raised is that while advertisers chase millenials, the millenials' spending power tends to come from older adults who are underserved in advertising/website accessibility. So that could be a business opportunity. Also discussed is how the research institute at the campus can monitor brain waves, skin conductance, and facial expressions of participants tasked with choosing to buy one of two computer monitors in a lab room. Wireless glasses can be worn by participants in the mock living room lab, where technology can track high areas of interest and create heat maps reflecting high to low interest areas. Could be useful in retail settings.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Dec 6th, 2017 at 03:56 PM. Reason: wrong year typed
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!! I am waiting on coupons to make 2 trades,supper today is mikes international delight pizza because it was 5$ at maxi.Wishing everyone a great evening and night!!!!
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil- the new Costco is big ,the crowds were minimal we were there at 2.30 p.m to 3.30 lots of samples being handed out -its pretty far out but since my daughter-in-law had to drop me off on her way to binbrook,then that was fine
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information