User Tag List

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree988Likes

Thread: December 2017 Frugal Chatter thread (last chance to party for Canada's 150th)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Any suggestions for baking with Aunt Jemima pancake mix? I bought some when they were much cheaper than flour. The mix is ok for pancakes, but I prefer my own recipe for waffles.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I called Sobeys first thing this morning to see if they needed me to bring in the jars of ham when I brought in the receipt to get things fixed. The lady said I didn’t need to as long as the receipt was specific enough. I went back to Sobeys this evening, twin boy with me. I had brought the jam with me, just in case. Checked the shelves and the signs had already been removed. I was not expecting this. Without proof, the other employees were unable to help me. I knew the lady’s name and she hadn’t left any info for anyone else. They left a note from me, to speak with the lady when she’s back on shift on Friday. This makes me feel like I need to take pics of a lot more shelf tags in an effort to protect myself. I took pics of the tags for items that I needed rain checks for last night.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Where is the time going??? Although I must admit I have heard people say the Christmas Season can really effect your mood and to be honest looking back and based on how I feel this year, I think I am one of those people. I have noticed this time of year I go into a bit of hiding where I just want to keep to myself and have really low ambition and seem to be constantly tired.

With that being said life does not stop. Went to Dad's for a family dinner Sunday night, nice evening with the family but sis's bf was hit by a car in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Do not really have an update as I asked sis, she said he has a broken toe and concussion but they think there are more issues the doctors aren't seeing. They feel he was misdiagnosed at one hospital, went to another but I get the feeling they still aren't happy with what that hospital said either. Ever since Sis got together with this bf she has changed and not for the better and things only got worse once they moved in together. Not that we were ever super close but we all do know her bf doesn't like her family or friends and I get the feeling does not like when she spends time with us.

Still trying to get ready for Christmas. I got quite a bit of shopping done last weekend. I got the bonus redemption coupon from SDM and since we missed the original redemption (went to a local store which had nothing we needed) I told Mom she would use my points and the coupon to redeem this past weekend. Turns out we have a new SDM about half an hour from us so we went in there and did out shopping. This store is quite large and is the new layout with the self check outs.

I think we most stocking stuffers expect for Chocolates. I was going to use PC points to buy the chocolates at RCSS but apparently we do not have very many points. I am going to have to look into this not sure if maybe Mom redeemed and didn't tell me. I know a few months ago even though she told the cashier she did not want to redeem he did it anyways and she was then told there was nothing that could be done and it wasn't like her points were lost they were just spent. I thought we had built more up.

Still have some people to buy for, I am down to the what am I going to get this person who is impossible to buy for and oh yeah wants nothing.

The good news is I am almost done all of the gifts I was making and might even have time to squeeze in a couple more so that might help but we will have to wait to see. I still cannot find a yarn I like for one project.

Well better get back to work, we are in the crunch time and I am feeling the time crunch as my desk and office seem to be over flowing with paperwork and samples I need to photograph.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Where is the time going??? Although I must admit I have heard people say the Christmas Season can really effect your mood and to be honest looking back and based on how I feel this year, I think I am one of those people. I have noticed this time of year I go into a bit of hiding where I just want to keep to myself and have really low ambition and seem to be constantly tired.

With that being said life does not stop. Went to Dad's for a family dinner Sunday night, nice evening with the family but sis's bf was hit by a car in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Do not really have an update as I asked sis, she said he has a broken toe and concussion but they think there are more issues the doctors aren't seeing. They feel he was misdiagnosed at one hospital, went to another but I get the feeling they still aren't happy with what that hospital said either. Ever since Sis got together with this bf she has changed and not for the better and things only got worse once they moved in together. Not that we were ever super close but we all do know her bf doesn't like her family or friends and I get the feeling does not like when she spends time with us.

Still trying to get ready for Christmas. I got quite a bit of shopping done last weekend. I got the bonus redemption coupon from SDM and since we missed the original redemption (went to a local store which had nothing we needed) I told Mom she would use my points and the coupon to redeem this past weekend. Turns out we have a new SDM about half an hour from us so we went in there and did out shopping. This store is quite large and is the new layout with the self check outs.

I think we most stocking stuffers expect for Chocolates. I was going to use PC points to buy the chocolates at RCSS but apparently we do not have very many points. I am going to have to look into this not sure if maybe Mom redeemed and didn't tell me. I know a few months ago even though she told the cashier she did not want to redeem he did it anyways and she was then told there was nothing that could be done and it wasn't like her points were lost they were just spent. I thought we had built more up.

Still have some people to buy for, I am down to the what am I going to get this person who is impossible to buy for and oh yeah wants nothing.

The good news is I am almost done all of the gifts I was making and might even have time to squeeze in a couple more so that might help but we will have to wait to see. I still cannot find a yarn I like for one project.

Well better get back to work, we are in the crunch time and I am feeling the time crunch as my desk and office seem to be over flowing with paperwork and samples I need to photograph.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Re: Crunch time at work. Yikes! I just looked at the calendar and have 2 weeks left before I am off till Jan 3rd! I can't believe how quickly time is flying by.

I feel like bah humbug this year. So much to do still. This is the weekend to get it all done since we don't have any hockey.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Dec 7th, 2017 at 11:31 AM.
    Angela273, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We are the same 2 weeks till we are off but we are off till the 8th. Our shut down always matches the time the kids are off school. Leading up to shut down we have a bunch of meetings and then when we come back we go back into meetings as so much is going on right now.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ladies I am not working and I feel a crunch time too(as I was sick quite a bit this month) -I don't have my tree up (may do that this sunday)still need a few more gifts
    -went to library to get my 2 hold books popped over to shoppers I got get a load of this a 1kg jar of jiff for .99 cents (it was on sale at shoppers for 4.99-2.00 cpn-1.50 checkout51 and .50 caddle , won 6.00 on a scratch card saved 7.00 in cpns as I got 2 more folgers k-cups for 4.99-1.00 cpn=3.99 plus 2 purex scent boosters 3.99-1.50 cpns=2.49 gotta love the sales I got today
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    We are the same 2 weeks till we are off but we are off till the 8th. Our shut down always matches the time the kids are off school. Leading up to shut down we have a bunch of meetings and then when we come back we go back into meetings as so much is going on right now.
    I usually take the same time off but the holiday is later this year so I will want to get back to the office lol
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am still waiting on a trade made last wednesday .....is that normal.....I missed another trade because of that.....
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I am still waiting on a trade made last wednesday .....is that normal.....I missed another trade because of that.....
    Yes that is normal, especially with the extra Christmas mail.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Great to compare the price of the package of beef fondue on sale on maxi but iga as 50 gr more
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon -popped out to the lcbo for my xmas wine and a giftcard for my son (used a 25.00 gift card up I had )
    -then popped into fortinos a few good deals
    (1) butter ball turkey on sale 1.49 a pound $26.63-25.00 giftcard hubby brought home last night from his job)=1.63 for our turkey
    (1) ricola cough drops 3.29-.75 cpn-.75 checkout51=1.79
    (1) large tray of reduced potatoes .99
    (2) Cavendish fries 2.99-buy 2 save 1.00=2.50 each
    (2) more pirate cookies 1.88-.75=1.13

-just got my credit card in (it was almost 200.00)-paid in full nice feeling -plus I cashed my ebates cheque I got for $47.99 today
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Dec 8th, 2017 at 03:54 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am taking advantage of DH not working and he was armed with a list of tasks to get done before the holidays.
    Life became a little more expensive this week as our older son has passed his G2 license. The nice thing is he can now drive himself back and forth to work. Today we let him have a car to drive to school on the condition of transporting his brother.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Finally-Lowes has my paint on 25% off sale in the current flyer (3 months after the last sale). Do I buy my small can now or roll the dice that the offer comes by again in January?
    Forgot to load my Optimum offers this week-had I purchased the red hat, I would have missed 4000 bonus pts. Moot point now-I spent the money on 2 pr of wool blend socks, as I have at least two pairs of socks to toss out.
    Can walk-$2.30 in containers, found two dimes, collected 5 McCafe stickers (full card so hot choc for lunch plus purchased muffin). Went to skate park-found 4 more containers for the walk home.
    Fabricland does not have a printed flyer-the deals are shown online. Will take a quick glance at website before I go. Plan to pop into Rexall to nab a flyer. Still don't have this week's community paper with flyers. I sent an e-mail about delivery issues to the publisher.
    I have taken out several DVDs to have things to watch over the weekend.

The windy sky has shaken out some powder snow granules this afternoon. I'll be walking into the wind soon. So far, no snowfall of any long duration. Think the snow will set off the evening lights even better--just don't want to be caught walking in said snow...

Yesterday was a grey day for me so stayed offline for most of the day. Managed to completely finish a book, which pleased me. Have several others waiting for attention as they are due next week.

Coupons-there are Dec. expiries coming up on Rubbermaid Brilliance containers (Dec.30). There's something that expires on Dec.16-check your stash to make sure you don't miss using it.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I checked out the new Sobeys flyer this morning. I’m still waiting for the delivery if my regular Friday flyers. Anyway, I was annoyed with myself because I bought some stuff on Tuesday that is now on for a better price. I usually do most of the prices by memory. I keep my grocery lists on my phone, so I finally made a list of my sale buying prices for different items. Sometimes it is a long time between purchases and I can’t accurately remember the sale price that I like to buy or stock up at.

I had another $12 pickup today. Someone else is supposed to come within the next hour, another $15. I had two other people change their minds or not show up.

Wednesday supper: baked spaghetti squash with Parmesan cheese, fried garden potato slices, baked chicken thighs, baby carrots, and sugar snap peas.
    Thursday supper: leftover baked chicken thighs, sugar snap peas, and fresh mashed potatoes. I made extra mashed potatoes for tonight’s supper.
    Tonight’s supper: shepherd’s pie, I have 2 in the oven.
    Tomorrow: mainly leftovers
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Dec 8th, 2017 at 10:55 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening everyone!!! I realised that I need more planning for the upcoming weeks meals as I had a let down and used what we had in the freezer ,fridge and not doing grocery shopping list.I will redo that from now.I am thinking of a salmon pie this week because I am craving mashed patatoes and we have 2 bags,pork back rib,chinese beef fondue to stock up,breakfest for dinner and hot dogs,but like I said I need better planning.So will check that Sunday.Christmas movies are on on Showcase !!!! @Ciel:I understand you about grey days,I have some too....especially during the hollidays...I will try to not get too down,
    Will catch up later.
    Have a great evening and night everyone!!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Dec 8th, 2017 at 08:35 PM.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information