User Tag List

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

To avoid forgetfulness, I have this thread started early and on the board. I might forget by next Monday and don't want members left in suspense on Jan. 31.
    Chocolate marshmallow hearts (milk chocolate) deals are eagerly awaited. If Laura Secord has their treats, let me know!
    This thread is currently associated with: Laura Secord
    Natalka and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks. My birthday is in early February, so I'm already considering what birthday deals might be available in my community.
    barbis9, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Morning all...first day of February today and a short month to boot.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did you say you lost your two boots? happy February all!

Sent from my iPhone
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I knew February was coming but I must admit January flew by. I got a lot completed at home but at work I feel like I lost part of the month and was hoping to be much further ahead on a few projects.

Well it is photo day in my office again so better finish getting all set up. Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good freezing morning!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks Nat for getting me posting in the right month-lol. I just loaded $25 onto my more rewards card at Save on Foods-a freebie for the bread price fixing which they weren't involved in-now to hunt for my card( or get a new one from customer service more likely). The store is quite far from me but near my brother's so next time we visit I feel a free shop coming on!! Startng next week I am increasing my childcare work by 6 hrs per week-time to restock the travel fund!
    saundyl, Natalka, Tweets77 and 6 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

A new spot opened up in a daycare we've been on the waiting list for since I was six months pregnant but it will go to someone else as LO's current daycare requires 30 days of notice. Waiting list again....argh! This one is well across town, so I may just cancel off the wait list anyways. I don't expect to move her out of her current daycare until July.

After calling in asking if they gave her milk warmed up, they say they did, but I can never be sure. When I visited, the food served to the babies was stone cold. It's either the travel from downstairs to upstairs or they're afraid one of the babies will get burnt. LO dislikes cold food so that may be why she always seems starving when I pick her up.

Someone at the 5 PM diaper change seems very rough with her diapers. The last three days in a row, they've always been broken when I get her home and always on the right side. A few days ago, I had to clean the floor because if a diaper is not on correctly, it might as well not be there. At least she didn't go in the car seat which would have been an emergency laundry load. I hate emergency laundry... I hope whomever is putting on the diapers isn't putting them on her too tightly and the tabs are breaking that way. I'm wondering if they're defective. We've never had an issue with this brand yet.

The new PC and Optimum rewards program sounds very troublesome so far.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Dinner last night went over well. (Peameal cooked on Sunday, hashbrowns, toast and eggs)

Lunches today used up the roast beef (sandwiches/wraps)

I didn't make the fried rice yet so that is the plan tonight. (I did put a load of laundry on and put in dryer. I also put away 2 loads of laundry so that is something ) There is a bit of peameal left. And hashbrowns. So tonight will be a bit of this and that just to use up the leftovers and tomorrow is a fresh new start
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes I agree p.c optium and shoppers is a bit troublesome -I linked my p.c card this morning ,but it wouldn't let me link my shoppers -so it states I must go into store -my offers are not that great either for the p.c part -I have never bought p.c ketchup and never will -ugggg
    -went to the mall to return a sweater I got from old navy 36. something back on my account ,then I found a top in eddie bauer shop just for me nice teal scoop neck just past 3/4 length it was 50% off clearance so I paid 14.11 with tax and their clothing is sooo nice ,then I popped over to gap as I did a survey from my last shop there for 10% off combined with the 30% off clearance I got
    Sebastian a short sleeve top I paid 3.14
    Ashlyn black tights as they are hard to find -sold out online for months I paid 9.41
    and of course baby cara a Disney long sleeve xmas shirt for next birthday or xmas 5.03
    these prices are all after discount so was pretty happy with my mall shop didnt even buy a drink ion the mall as I had water in the car

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I now have worn out the knee in two of my pairs of jeans. I won’t be surprised if another one goes too. Most of my pants are snug in the leg (which is uncomfortable or painful for me), or big enough in the waist that I wear a belt with them. Dh put smaller holes in my favourite belt over a year ago.

Twin boy has improved. Twin girl is still quite sick. I saw my GP today and the entire MRI test result says it is normal. My ear also seems to be fine now. It causes me some discomfort from being dry inside.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Not much happening here today...another cold and snowy day. I did receive a phone call though that our garage door opener will be installed tomorrow rather than a month from now. Another item that will be crossed off the to do list.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't know if other people saw it but if you put $10 of gas in your car for 95 airmiles you get 20 airmiles back right now. I figured I might as well get gas and get some miles back too. Quite a boondoggle today with the launch of the PC Optimum Plus but hopefully things will work better tomorrow!
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I was over in the January thread, thinking boy it's quiet here today. Well happy to have that month over but February will mean the same frugal Herculean effort as we are now into the 7th month of unemployment for DH. I am grateful that when I thought of leaving my job several years ago I stayed because the job security helps me sleep at night.
    I have discovered the coffee at work won't kill me and while I am missing my short walk in the morning I am enjoying the money staying in my pocket.
    As for thus new PC optimum I can't even get the app to download. I just want to know all my points are safe as we have close to 500.00. But I have heard grumbling the SDM points have not transferred at the correct value, this will be fixed this month. Hopefully soon as this was my groceries for February. But I am also waiting on a bunch from Air Miles and the eat from the freezer challenge continues. I have another week away for work and they feed us like royalty. So no beans and toast for me.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I don't know if other people saw it but if you put $10 of gas in your car for 95 airmiles you get 20 airmiles back right now. I figured I might as well get gas and get some miles back too. Quite a boondoggle today with the launch of the PC Optimum Plus but hopefully things will work better tomorrow!
    Where did you see this offer?
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information