User Tag List

Page 170 of 193 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

anyone know how to remove a crazy glue splat from pc monitor?
    Newfiescreech, Silk and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Name:  IMG_0506.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  283.0 KB The crafty bug has hit again! I have to stay away from the YouTube diy Dollar Tree crafts and organizing videos!!!!!
    Last edited by wolfwoman; Mon, Feb 19th, 2018 at 06:53 PM.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Name:  IMG_0506.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  283.0 KB The crafty bug has hit again! I have to stay away from the YouTube diy Dollar Tree crafts and organizing videos!!!!!
    Beautiful arrangement wolfwoman!!
    Tweets77, Ciel and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    Could try Goo Gone ..i fine that usually works ..may need let it soak in bet then rub off ..hope it works for you .
    Silk, Ciel, Linda Evans and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Bloody heck, I've re-discovered the wonders of mac tac ( that's contact paper for you youngsters)
    Natalka, Tweets77, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Beautiful arrangement wolfwoman!!
    Thanks!!! I made the mirrored/pearl container.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Bloody heck, I've re-discovered the wonders of mac tac ( that's contact paper for you youngsters)
    Heck, that was fun for us kids at school to find in the halls and gym to squeeze endlessly. Way before bubble mailers became mainstream in the household for popping fun/annoying the elders.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If it's on the screen, nothing with alcohol can touch the screen or it can melt. I'd suggest dabbing some petroleum jelly and using a plastic blade (like the metal kind but made of yellow) or trying Palmolive original dish soap and a plastic blade after a couple of minutes to see if one petrochem product manages to loosen the glue bond on the monitor.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sunday-elder parent manages to somehow fall in or around tub and pulls my beloved Target shower curtain on his way down. So 4 curtain holes were torn completely with one or more holes partially ripped. Bye bye shower curtain (sniff, I loved the pattern) and hustle to the 3 nearby stores likelly to have shower curtains. Walmart did not meet my $10-$11 criteria before taxes as I had $12.95 of food money left to buy a new temporary replacement. Cdn Tire had $4.99 and $6.99 white curtain liners or shower curtains well beyond $11. Winners for the save-there was a clear PVC curtain with printed puffballs on it for $9.99 or a white liner with rings that are too small for $7.99. Then when sibling came home from work and said why did you not get one with fishes? I told him CT has a fish motif but it's all in blues and without warm tones, notwithstanding I did not have the money for such a splurge.

You can bet I'll be curtain shopping in March. I know even Bed and Bath Warehouse does not have the blue-green version of my Target shower curtain because the one the store did have was not on the rack last fall when I visited. May try Treasure Hunt before committing to The Bay or Home Outfitters for a pricier but better patterned curtain.

Irony about all of this-that parent was the one who made me scrape off those tub adhesive stickers a year ago. I've said something to the effect he has to use the basement shower unit from now on as I won't forgive another ruined curtain (he did toss a big bill on the counter and said keep the change but I gave it back given how money matters are code for family feud around here).

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

went to the hospital on family day from 2.30 til 6.15 almost 4 hours (and I don't own a cell phone ) very boring but I made it and had an outcome that was good news for me (so a rant and a praise)
    Newfiescreech, Silk, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Could try Goo Gone ..i fine that usually works ..may need let it soak in bet then rub off ..hope it works for you .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    If it's on the screen, nothing with alcohol can touch the screen or it can melt. I'd suggest dabbing some petroleum jelly and using a plastic blade (like the metal kind but made of yellow) or trying Palmolive original dish soap and a plastic blade after a couple of minutes to see if one petrochem product manages to loosen the glue bond on the monitor.
    Plastic can scratch glass, as well as other plastic and even metal, so I wouldn't use a plastic scraper on the screen or anywhere else you don't want scratches. Plus screens often have a special coating on them.

I don't think Goo Be Gone has alcohol in it but not sure.

Have you tried Googling about it? I'd be surprised if you don't find a a solution on the internet.
    Last edited by Silk; Fri, Feb 23rd, 2018 at 02:33 AM.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yes, I NEED another thing to add to my day!
    DH experienced the " low tire " light go on last night, checked the pressure, added air to all 4 tires, left for work.
    This a.m. I went out very early to see, and the light was " on " again, had to drive over right away to dealership and outcome was pay $30.00 for a patch.....it was the teeniest piece of metal that was embedded in the tire.

Grrr!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

DD (who is 39 years old) has informed me that her 4 baby teeth (yes you read that right) have to come out and now she needs braces. Lovely...

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I am so annoyed at the moment. I contacted Kelloggs on Jan. 22nd about some soggy Keebler crusts. They assured me that I would get replacement coupons. Fast forward to Feb 12th and still nothing so I got in touch with them again and now still nothing. I had given them the correct mailing address and even verified it on the 2nd email. I really do believe that some companies are just giving us lip service.

* Okay...I have to recind what I said earlier somewhat....I rec'd the coupons today. They were mailed on February 22nd from Mississauga (coincidentaly the last day that I emailed them).
    Last edited by Tweets77; Thu, Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:20 PM. Reason: new information
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yes, I NEED another thing to add to my day!
    DH experienced the " low tire " light go on last night, checked the pressure, added air to all 4 tires, left for work.
    This a.m. I went out very early to see, and the light was " on " again, had to drive over right away to dealership and outcome was pay $30.00 for a patch.....it was the teeniest piece of metal that was embedded in the tire.

Grrr!
    Do you happen to know if the tires were bought from Costco? Think there is a free tire repair or program for tires bought and installed in their auto shops? Like when Dad managed to ding one tire while backing up over the edge of the lateral pipe...sibling took car into the shop for the repair.

Ouch on the tire bill! Toronto must have tons of metal pieces lurking on paved surfaces...could be a boon for scrap metal collectors.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Mar 1st, 2018 at 03:50 PM.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Page 170 of 193 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 ... LastLast

Thread Information