User Tag List

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree971Likes

Thread: Loblaws admits to bread price fixing (with immunity) & Offers $25 Gift Card

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Funny how the card just predominantly mentions only Loblaws on it ( Parent company ) and " Redeem at Loblaw grocery stores "

Lot of people will interpret it as spending only at Loblaws stores ( which are quite expensive ), without realizing that you can also use it at No Frills, RCSS, etc their cheaper stores.
    Exactly what my cashier said when i used mine (as soon as i got it) i told her the paper it came with listed all loblaws banner stores she called the head cashier she csme out and put it through
    If you generally get a hasdle at your store bring the paper along that comes with it as back up

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    Silk, Ciel and Decaf like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks @bhlombardy for posting this info. I think I'll try doing that when I received the GC - if they haven't changed things by then

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Can confirm.

I was with a friend today who bought a $25 Subway gift card using his Loblaws bread card.

Also, as a goof, we used the self-serve checkout, and it works there too.... you have to select CREDIT CARD though, not GIFT CARD.
    Seems that these are cleverly disguised pre-paid Mastercards (check the image attached). When we selected Gift Card as the method of payment, it wanted to scan a barcode... which these dont have, so we tried Credit Card since there's only a mag stripe, and it worked.

On the photo, I've indicated that it's a self-serve checkout... that it was a Subway card that was purchased... and the Loblaws card's last 4 digits shown (as well as the note that it's a Mastercard)

I hope this answers some more of our questions:

Attachment 339552
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Funny how the card just predominantly mentions only Loblaws on it ( Parent company ) and " Redeem at Loblaw grocery stores "

Lot of people will interpret it as spending only at Loblaws stores ( which are quite expensive ), without realizing that you can also use it at No Frills, RCSS, etc their cheaper stores.
    I would hope they wouldnt. If people bothered to pay attention to the enclosed material, the list of stores are colorfully identified by their logos at the foot of the attached letter.

Fortunately in my region, there are no "Loblaws" branded stores to confuse matters. Most people around here havent even heard of actual "Loblaws" stores...
    The only Loblaws-owned stores around here are (Atlantic) Superstores and No Frills. If you say Loblaws, people just associate that to mean one of those two.

(Same thing with Zehrs... none of those around here either. If you say "Zehrs" around here, people think you said "Zellers" and try and tell you they went out of business years ago.)

Also, given the reason for these cards, I find it ironic that these cards are issued by "Peoples Trust Company"
    princessjen, Ciel and GoJays like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got my card ... now to use it
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sampler View Post
    I am still waiting. This is what it says when I check my registration status ...

08/01/2018 Submitted Your registration has been received by the Program Administrator.
    What does yours say?
    Mine says this too. Is that normal?
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am still waiting. This is what it says when I check my registration status ...
    08/01/2018 Submitted Your registration has been received by the Program Administrator.
    What does yours say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
    Mine says this too. Is that normal?

As I mentioned in a previous post....

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Their Status system is pretty much useless. My mother already has her card, about a week now and her status is STILL the same as yours.
    I wouldnt bother looking at that as a benchmark to determine your actual status.

Since that post, I have received my card and still the same status as yours... and I have 2 other friends whose status are also the same even after receiving their cards... so yea, the status lookup is still pointless.
    Ciel, Decaf and Anna Michele like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Smartcanuck View Post
    I got my card ... now to use it
    1. Don't forget to activate it over the phone before you head to the store or it won't work there. Takes less than a minute to do that.

2. I think if you are buying more than $ 25, before hand you have to tell them you are using the card & tell them to split the payment. I believe some cashiers had a hard time splitting it, because they are not trained properly & didn't really know how ( not their fault )

The card is just a well disguised prepaid Mastercard. So not sure if the cashier has to enter it as a GC or MC
    Ciel, Decaf and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyone gonna try using it at Walmart?

Is there anything on the card agreement that says we have to use it at the branded stores?
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Is there anything on the card agreement that says we have to use it at the branded stores?
    It needs to be used at Loblaws stores, there is a list.
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My card arrived in Ancaster yesterday. I also made a point to shop for the food bank that night. Done and happy!
    Natalka, Cuckoobird and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Peoples Trust in Vancouver also handles the prepaid Visa cards, I understand. And there's a Credit Union that is well regarded in BC with that name.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, there is... but also, the card ONLY works at the stores listed. It's not actually advertised or labelled as a Mastercard, that's just how it's being handled. And while it's issued by Peoples Trust, it only works with certain vendor IDs (read: Loblaws owned stores), and thus only redeemable at the stores listed on the enclosed letter.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Mar 7th, 2018 at 08:39 PM.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since I dont saw posts from QC people I decided to do a Survey on a fb french couponning group 65% of the responses was a yes they received the giftcard,mostly this week.My friend in the same city got her last week....So it should not be long before father and I got ours cards.I informed 10 people so far about the giftcard because they where not aware of the program
    hcao, Ciel and GoodBoy like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Still waiting for ours!
    Ciel likes this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    273 (100%)

still waiting for ours
    Ciel likes this.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information