User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Stolen PC Optimum points March 7,2018

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Just a heads up...I had over $1000.00 worth of points stolen last week. I am in Sask. and they were spent in Quebec. No more hoarding of points for me.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Denna b; Thu, Mar 15th, 2018 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
    barbis9, Ciel and 4sure5 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hope PC do something and give u back your points
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I'm sorry
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Eeek I've never been one to hold on to too many at any given time pc should have merged with optimum using their safety procedures and protocols etc. Ever since SDM added a password to their program they have had zero issues as for pc it's been one safety breach after another

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That happened to DH last round. You should get your points back. Good luck and keep us posted.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I found two other people who have had points stolen within the last two weeks. I am sure there are more. I agree a pin or password should be implemented or like Airmiles you can lock down the redeem function and they have a pin.
    Will keep everyone posted.
    Tweets77, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thank you for the warning and sorry this happened to you. I hope you complained to them. Did they give any advice on how to prevent this?

Already they did not allow my DH to use my points because he did not share my female name
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Geez, that's awful, hoping you get some recompense.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I got an email the other day saying there was suspicious activity and to change my password.

Last edited by Anna Michele; Fri, Mar 16th, 2018 at 01:24 AM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    I got an email the other day saying there was suspicious activity and to change my password.

Something like this had happened in the past with the old SDM Optimum card also, so that time I had logged in and changed my real name to some fake pseudo name & fake address as I thought , if someone hacks in so be it, they will just get some fake info at least my identity would be protected .

And I used to use the physical Optimum card at SDM without any issues as there was no name on it, just a number and the cashiers never used to ask for any info while collecting or redeeming SDM Optimum points. So fake name & fake address on my Old card account wasn't an issue as the cashiers didn't care or asked for that info.

Now I hope I am not screwed while collecting the new PC Optimum card and transferring points from my old SDM Optimum card, since it has some fake name & info on it..LOL.

But I do know the right online password for my old SDM card, so I guess while verification while transferring the points from old to new, it shouldn't be an issue
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Fri, Mar 16th, 2018 at 02:58 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Oh no, and so it starts. I had points stolen with PC Plus a couple of years ago, I did eventually get them back it is just so annoying. In all that time I'd never had my Optimum card hacked ... I was hoping they'd adopt the Optimum security and not the PC Plus security. I guess I'm shopping on my points this weekend.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Denna b thank you for posting about what happened to you, and I am so sorry you lost so many points! You should get them back though, I am sure they can see the difference between where you live and where the points were redeemed in.
    Colsgirl, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is the second time today I read about someone having their points stolen by someone in Quebec. Here's the first: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london...ebec-1.4578728
    Just about everyday CBC has another horror story about this program. I REALLY hope pc-optimum gets their act together soon.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    This is the second time today I read about someone having their points stolen by someone in Quebec. Here's the first: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london...ebec-1.4578728
    Just about everyday CBC has another horror story about this program. I REALLY hope pc-optimum gets their act together soon.
    I wouldn't be surprised in addition to external hacks - there might be some internal fraud going on too.

Some inside software guy/gal or developer might easily know something about how to hack into the system. Could be a small coding error or security vulnerability. They might be using that themselves or leaking/selling that info to criminals outside.

Lot of SDM employees and even LCBO employees have been fired in the past for illegally using their own SDM cards or Air Miles cards to collect points in place of customers. Or misusing the cards & receipts of customers to collect points for their own.

Same thing with Roll Up The Rim - Tim Hortons employees.

When it comes to points, prizes, contest, loyalty program frauds - Employees are more relaxed and think they can easily get away with it - after all its not a credit card, debit card or cold hard cash fraud. That's their mentality, mindset & thinking when it comes to these kind of frauds.

They think its a lesser crime and maybe lesser chances of being caught or lesser punishment. Maybe NO criminal charges, the worst thing that will happen is that they will get fired..according to them .
    barbis9, Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That is a load of points. I hope you get them back, and that the process isn't too harrowing.

Also please teach me your point accumulation ways oh wise one.
    barbis9, Ciel, 4sure5 and 1 others like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information