User Tag List

Page 173 of 193 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'd like to hear from the horse owners how you deal with manure odours/stains on clothing. I've just discovered that some bleach in water with laundry detergent is cutting down the odour issues with Dad's laundry but I cannot figure out how his tummy problems are making so much odour (previously, the laundry cycle and drying was not taking out the odour but as it is now day 70 and I'm not spending $4.99 for 10 odour eater laundry pods, help is welcome with laundry). I'll probably just buy another jug of bleach but I'd like a food suggestion (enzyme, parsley, mint or whatever) to get Dad to stop making so much laundry grief and air quality issues for the household. What does one feed horses to control odour issues? I'm not kidding-the odour is just like horse manure and I have to open windows, add bleach or cleanser or liquid soap to the porcelain, wipe down porcelain and other surfaces...

Positive rep for Lysol bleach wipes from me. They are helping me to just hold down my nuclear temper everytime Dad has an accident in the main bathroom-the wipes take care of business but not killing his odour. He's been told he will have to be ready to do grasscutting next week, no excuses.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Apr 14th, 2018 at 01:03 PM.
    cath007 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

stomach is killing me today ,I am out of commission -ugggg
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Internet results seem to align with possible ulcerative colitis and the benefits of OxyClean to deal with laundry issues. I've put a few books on hold and am going back to the result page to see if there is some immediate tweak to diet that will slow if not stop the trots. I've been ranting for Dad to stop eating certain foods and when one search find mentioned food bacteria issues with colitis, ding ding that seems highly likely.
    cath007 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Slammed my finger in the car door today - oooowwww - its now a nice shade of blue and the water softner appears to be broken - water is brown and has that iron smell again. Lovely. But as the title of this thread states - these are 1st world problems and could be much, much worse so I will gladly suck it up and deal.
    Silk and Ciel like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Internet results seem to align with possible ulcerative colitis and the benefits of OxyClean to deal with laundry issues. I've put a few books on hold and am going back to the result page to see if there is some immediate tweak to diet that will slow if not stop the trots. I've been ranting for Dad to stop eating certain foods and when one search find mentioned food bacteria issues with colitis, ding ding that seems highly likely.
    Sounds like a referral to a gastroenterologist and some diagnostic assessments are in order; sudden onset of gastro issues = a problem.
    MillieH likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post
    Sounds like a referral to a gastroenterologist and some diagnostic assessments are in order; sudden onset of gastro issues = a problem.
    He won't go to his doctor, let alone inquire about a referral. Day 82.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well, I have just send off an email to Loblaw corporate and hope it will speak volumes to them. I have now noticed that at a number of RCSS stores (St.Catharines, Newmarket, Whitby, and Gerry Fitzgerald, just to name a few that I am aware of), they are seeming to be moving completely away from selling generic pork, instead opting for PC Free From Pork. Now for some, this may be a good thing, but we as couponers know that there is a extremely high likelihood that they will no longer price match pork just because of that little sticker. Meaning it has just become even more difficult to save money on something like meat, especially since, seemingly every other competitor offers meat cheaper than them every week. Even stores like Sobeys, Metro, and Foodland. And it seems that chicken may be starting to go the same way now too. They are stocking less and less generic chicken on the shelves and more and more free from chicken is populating the shelves. This to me, is another change, in a long line of deception and changes being made by RCSS to find ways to charge customers more for the same groceries. I hope it changes back, but I am not holding my breath.
    MrsMer likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    I have now noticed that at a number of RCSS stores (St.Catharines, Newmarket, Whitby, and Gerry Fitzgerald, just to name a few that I am aware of), they are seeming to be moving completely away from selling generic pork, instead opting for PC Free From Pork. Now for some, this may be a good thing, but we as couponers know that there is a extremely high likelihood that they will no longer price match pork just because of that little sticker. Meaning it has just become even more difficult to save money on something like meat, especially since, seemingly every other competitor offers meat cheaper than them every week. Even stores like Sobeys, Metro, and Foodland. And it seems that chicken may be starting to go the same way now too. They are stocking less and less generic chicken on the shelves and more and more free from chicken is populating the shelves. This to me, is another change, in a long line of deception and changes being made by RCSS to find ways to charge customers more for the same groceries. I hope it changes back, but I am not holding my breath.
    So you've already identified where you can get your meat cheaper... (basically everywhere else BUT Loblaws) -- and that's without the need for price-matching.

I have just send off an email to Loblaw corporate and hope it will speak volumes to them.
    Why not send a message... but not an email, and not with words, but with your dollars and buy your meat where it's cheaper? THAT is more important to them than our vocalized opinion... DOLLARS will speak volumes to them.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well, I have just send off an email to Loblaw corporate and hope it will speak volumes to them. I have now noticed that at a number of RCSS stores (St.Catharines, Newmarket, Whitby, and Gerry Fitzgerald, just to name a few that I am aware of), they are seeming to be moving completely away from selling generic pork, instead opting for PC Free From Pork. Now for some, this may be a good thing, but we as couponers know that there is a extremely high likelihood that they will no longer price match pork just because of that little sticker. Meaning it has just become even more difficult to save money on something like meat, especially since, seemingly every other competitor offers meat cheaper than them every week. Even stores like Sobeys, Metro, and Foodland. And it seems that chicken may be starting to go the same way now too. They are stocking less and less generic chicken on the shelves and more and more free from chicken is populating the shelves. This to me, is another change, in a long line of deception and changes being made by RCSS to find ways to charge customers more for the same groceries. I hope it changes back, but I am not holding my breath.
    @johnb56789
    I can't tell you the last time I bought any sort of meat (outside of ground beef) at RCSS. It's overpriced and quite frankly, of terrible quality. When it comes to any sort of meat, I split my time between three stores - Sobeys, Metro and Longos. All are within a ten minute drive from me. It all depends on who has what on sale. Usually, Longo's has cheap pork any time I go in. Believe it or not - Longo's is not known for cheap anything.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    He won't go to his doctor, let alone inquire about a referral. Day 82.
    He may have advanced colon cancer.. he really should get a colonscopy.. Although if he has decided to just let things go and let things take him out without medical intervention.. Foods that will thicken things up are pasta, rice, bananas.. marshmellows.. metamucil, lots of bread.. absorbant foods.. note how bread, pasta rice absorbs liquid.. it often does that with probs like his.. The trick may be to slow things down without causing a blockage.. Maybe one of those vipoo or other odor suppressors would help if his clothes were first rinsed in bucket of water with a few drops in it.. cheaper than odor eaters.. can hurt to try it..

Avoid fresh fruit, veggies.. seafood.. these are especially bad..

I hope I made some sense.. my mind just runs all over the place
    Ciel and walkonby like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

People who are not nice with you on Facebook when you say Something.....
    Ciel, walkonby and MillieH like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

portable computer got suddently virus problems and dont work at the best...I dont know the problem and if I will be able to complete 3 trades on french fb couponning groups. Forget what memory picture card to use with my pc....
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    People who are not nice with you on Facebook when you say Something.....
    Not just on facebook. Here too. Funny how the mean ones here just move on and do not think they do anything wrong. They thing there age and time here gives them this right.

Sent from my iPhone
    cath007 likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I can laugh now, but earlier this evening ( in fact once the clock hit 7 p.m. TOU lower hydro rate ) I crumb coated up 8 very large fresh chicken legs and preheated the oven to bake them.
    Just as I had the last leg in my hand and the oven beeped ready......Then BAM! hydro goes out.....

Not one to sit on my hands and wait around I got the BBQ going, placed a solid grill pan over the grate, then the baking pan with legs on that. Covered them loosely with a disposable aluminum lasagna pan and closed the BBQ lid.
    Figured there is more than one way to skin a cat ( well I mean make an oven type environment for these chicken legs )

Power came back on around 7:40 I think, so I went out to check on the legs to see how far along they had baked......
    I saw no smoke, heard no sizzling as I approached the BBQ, lifted the lid to see no flame......OUT OF PROPANE!!

har de har har......joke was on me.
    Natalka, Silk, Ciel and 6 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, walking, what were the chances... Gah!
    Ciel, DaveP and walkonby like this.

Page 173 of 193 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 ... LastLast

Thread Information