User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree391Likes

Thread: Thrift Store finds

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

So I went to take a gander at our local thrift shop here in Whitecourt. This one is very organized and has a section called "Fab finds" which is all brand name stuff.

I got myself a beautiful brand new condition Calvin Klein raincoat for $10. The lady told me it was originally a $300 coat. WOOOO!

I also got a pair of lulu crops that retail for about 60 new for 5 bucks, two ten tree tank tops for $10 and a pair of brand new american eagle flip flops for $2.

So pricing it out i probably saved 420 plus bucks!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: American Eagle, Lululemon Athletica
    Last edited by TudorChick; Tue, May 1st, 2018 at 10:33 PM.
    Natalka, Tweets77, Ciel and 7 others like this.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Awesome finds!
    Ciel likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nice deals -I love thrift shopping never know what you will find
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love thrift shopping too! We should keep this as an ongoing thread, I love reading about people's finds!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and dededi like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh I'll play! Stopped by Value Village 50% off sale this week... it was the second day of the sale so not expecting much. Low and behold a brand new pair of roots sweatpants in my size in my fav colour (black) for 13.99... then 50% off that... comfortable savings off retail Thrifting has saved us so much over the years and the hunt is half the fun.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponingtosurvive View Post
    Oh I'll play! Stopped by Value Village 50% off sale this week... it was the second day of the sale so not expecting much. Low and behold a brand new pair of roots sweatpants in my size in my fav colour (black) for 13.99... then 50% off that... comfortable savings off retail Thrifting has saved us so much over the years and the hunt is half the fun.
    Oh awesome! I love roots sweats! I got an awesome black pair a while back from the salvation army.

Newfiescreech, Ciel and dededi like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did the VV thing too at 50% off. I haven't shopped there for over a year. I was in there for about 2 hours and got $250 worth of really nice brand name clothes for $125.00. (Ralph Lauren skirt, Denver Hays pants like knew, etc)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I am hoping someday I can be like my mother in law and find a chanel bag at a thrift shop. LIkely won't but one can dream LOL> The things people get rid of...

~just your average nerd~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Filled a small bag of kids clothes ( size 0-6) for $3 at my local missions thrift shop! They are trying to clear the kids clothes so had a promo on.

Also picked up a top for myself for $6.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

:O Those items would have been quadruple the price at my local VV! Their pricing is absolutely insane. They often ask retail or plus/minus 10% of retail prices for poor quality clothes from stores like Walmart, Old Navy, etc.

My only "rare" find was a pair of Birkenstocks at another VV far away from here. There was a 50% off sale the day prior and they forgot to take the signs down so I asked if I could have them for 50% off and they agreed. Got them for $6 and they were in practically brand new condition. Unfortunately they were one size too big and after wearing a few times I decided to sell them. Got $40 for them. A nice turn around and the next owner still got a steal of a deal on them too.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

got hubby a tommy Hilfiger -nice yellow cotton shirt today 6.99-10% seniors discount=6.29 looks like new also (at talize)
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

this was 2 weeks ago but we bought a VCR ( Samsung brand ) from our nearby Thrift store for just $10.00 and IT WORKS!!!
    Mind you we had to supply the cable wires that go in the back, DH has a million cable and hookup thingys anyways.
    Purpose was to view some home videos that were transferred from camcorder tape years ago and also so DD could revisit all of her favourite childhood Disney tapes again.
    She always loved Ariel ( Little Mermaid ), my 2 fav's were Brave Little Toaster and Indian In The Cupboard

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

at the local dump we have a drop off store for donations(then they sell them) -they don't have great clothing but I dropped in to look around
    1-foam puzzle (boys playing hockey)wribbit puzzle 1,000 piece (and its not smelly like in someones basement forever) its like new 1.00 these puzzles go for 15.00 to 25.00 reg price

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    this was 2 weeks ago but we bought a VCR ( Samsung brand ) from our nearby Thrift store for just $10.00 and IT WORKS!!!
    Mind you we had to supply the cable wires that go in the back, DH has a million cable and hookup thingys anyways.
    Purpose was to view some home videos that were transferred from camcorder tape years ago and also so DD could revisit all of her favourite childhood Disney tapes again.
    She always loved Ariel ( Little Mermaid ), my 2 fav's were Brave Little Toaster and Indian In The Cupboard
    Your library system probably has Makerspaces with VHS to USB conversion units now. Still takes as long as the video content takes to play, but in Hamilton you have to try to do it under 2h unless library staff extend your time on the computer. Toronto also has Repair Cafe events so it probably won't be hard to get parts too should the need arise.

At Value Village lately, I keep checking to see what kinds of cellphones are available but then the question arises-are the cords available, would I need to buy a battery, does the phone even work or does it need parts, etc. Kind a $ issue for me but I'd like a cameraphone with ability to download images via USB cable on a library computer.
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Jun 1st, 2018 at 04:02 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information