User Tag List

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree3067Likes

Thread: May 2018 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I made 2 others trades for 5$ cheese coupons!!! Roaked a pregnant friend with some baby coupons,she was thrilled!!! Now I am done with doing tradesfor at least 1 week,I take a break.Great sunny day!!! Enjoy the day!!!!
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s not going to be nearly as warm outside today, so I plan on taking the kids to the park later this morning.

Dh and I agree that we need to purge and organize stuff in our bedroom. I started this morning with a pile of stuff that was on top of my dresser. I have some stuff to mend, hand wash, sell, pack away, etc. I have a hard time throwing out stuff and clothing that I might need. I put on about 10lbs since Christmas (weaned our twins, comfort eating due to this 4 month migraine, etc.) so I have several pairs of jeans that don’t fit comfortably right now. I have two pairs of jeans that I’ve worn holes in the knees, so I plan on cutting them to be long shorts for the summer. I need to try on my box of summer clothes and see how stuff fits. I also need to bring in more clothes for our twins to try on.

Dh cooked last night’s supper was steam, mushrooms, and KD.
    Tonight’s supper plan is pork steaks, mushroom sauce, steamed veggies, and rice.
    Tomorrow night’s supper plan is oven baked chicken thighs, raw carrot sticks, sugar snap peas, and leftover rice or pasta.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, May 8th, 2018 at 11:13 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I peeked in the garden last night. Flowers all over all the strawberry plants! The peace rose looks quite dead though. Daffodils are up, peonies are beginning to peek through. New green shoots all over the blackberry bush too.

I have two big bags of tulips from last November. I don't think they will survive until fall, but I wonder if I should just stick them in the ground anyways? Some of the bulbs are looking dry.

Cherry tomato plants are on the list to buy this year. DD2 wasn't impressed, so I can't decide if I should plant four or eight plants.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    It’s not going to be nearly as warm outside today, so I plan on taking the kids to the park later this morning.

Dh and I agree that we need to purge and organize stuff in our bedroom. I started this morning with a pile of stuff that was on top of my dresser. I have some stuff to mend, hand wash, sell, pack away, etc. I have a hard time throwing out stuff and clothing that I might need. I put on about 10lbs since Christmas (weaned our twins, comfort eating due to this 4 month migraine, etc.) so I have several pairs of jeans that don’t fit comfortably right now. I have two pairs of jeans that I’ve worn holes in the knees, so I plan on cutting them to be long shorts for the summer. I need to try on my box of summer clothes and see how stuff fits. I also need to bring in more clothes for our twins to try on.

Dh cooked last night’s supper was steam, mushrooms, and KD.
    Tonight’s supper plan is pork steaks, mushroom sauce, steamed veggies, and rice.
    Tomorrow night’s supper plan is oven baked chicken thighs, raw carrot sticks, sugar snap peas, and leftover rice or pasta.

I have a hard time tossing stuff too but I want to get rid of junk (less is more) so I am starting in my room. I did 2 dresser drawers on the weekend and it felt good. Will keep going this week even if it's only one shelf at a time. I have a box in my car to drop off at thrift store for my mom so I am adding to it as I clean. Good luck!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I peeked in the garden last night. Flowers all over all the strawberry plants! The peace rose looks quite dead though. Daffodils are up, peonies are beginning to peek through. New green shoots all over the blackberry bush too.

I have two big bags of tulips from last November. I don't think they will survive until fall, but I wonder if I should just stick them in the ground anyways? Some of the bulbs are looking dry.

Cherry tomato plants are on the list to buy this year. DD2 wasn't impressed, so I can't decide if I should plant four or eight plants.
    I vote buy 8 lol. So many things you can use them for and fun to grow and pick!
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Value Village has 40% off purses and accessories tomorrow! I have noticed that some donors give those cosmetic gift with purchase totes to VV and you know, they can be handy for warm weather fun, holding clothespins or corralling garden hand tools and gloves! I have a striped tote that was from Estee Lauder and it makes me think of warm weather (plus it can tote groceries or books). It could use a pocket but I won't mess with the interior.

I did a grocery shop yesterday morning prior to visiting the library and carrying heavy things with me to the library was a lesson learned in how not to overdo things. Last night, I did find 3-in-1 oil at Lowes (parts and accessories area by lawn tractors, not in the cleaning supplies aisle nor in weatherstipping supplies nor hardware) with the telescoping spout (I had read a back issue on junk drawers at cottages and I remembered how I was looking for this oil in stores without success but 2018 is shining brightly on oil finds). I've oiled a couple of doors today and will get to the others later (wet weather is coming for two days). Hung out laundry this morning to make the most of Ms. Sunshine's drying power (my shoes dried quickly as well) and I gave the garbage can and green cart a cleaning too. Will have to postpone the spring fridge vacuuming and pantry vacuuming until the weekend or Friday, if I'm not grasscutting.

Despite our bright mornings, I am asking myself is there anything FUN to do because chores are taking the zip out of me and even going to stores is getting BORING. There must be something to penning in planned fun into one's calendar or planner--even video watching on Youtube gets stale.
    @saundyl -I love the fabrics for your bags! So cheery and fun! The fabric shopping spree fulfilled a need--you'll have much joy using your new supplies.
    @SassyAshley -the early mornings need a fun evening or two of just Ashley doing something for herself. Maybe one night can be pamper night and one other night for crocheting or crafting? It might be really hard to fit all week's cooking into one night or weekend but I like that you have a super-long weekend in your calendar. Daytrip or nature bathing time.
    saundyl, Natalka, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday, I completed three store receipt surveys (and had two complaints for two stores-one of which replied very quickly-must admit that surprised me) and entered a gift basket contest.

Since we are talking about sorting through clothing, I will confess I want a skort or scooter pattern to the point I may just buy one from Giant Tiger (I've seen smaller sized skorts in tan at VV but it'd be hard to figure out adjustments when it's so much easier to buy one that fits me that I can copy) so I can make copies in other fabrics (like in denim or floral print or whatever my design heart desires). I have not found sewing patterns for it at thrift stores and at one time I might have had a Burda paper pattern from an older magazine long since recycled. The shorts/skirt combo would be super for yardwork and of course I'd have a pocket or two as well. I've also not been able to find cotton/nylon twill fabric except in second-hand clothing---those pants for men that zip off into shorts that Marks sometimes sells (as did Sears-seldom for women except two seasons) are sometimes for sale at Value Village . I may use my $2 off wus $5 at Value Village coupon to make the pants buy happen soon (they are $9.99) or I'll cry if the pants are sold.

If anyone knows the brand of dress in the Mephisto Spring/Summer booklet that the female model is wearing with the Liviane sandals, let me know! I've already enquired through the Cdn company but the contact does not know. I really like the brown tone and safari-styling but I'd take the belt off and put a little elastic at the side waist for shaping. Then add short sleeves.

The Big Yellow Bag folks have been busy offering $5 off codes in local magazines to get Hamilton residents to buy a bag of their black soil. I've seen an ad on the back page of View magazine and yesterday in the Home Digest admail magazine.

My July bank fee got covered with can money deposited yesterday and now my concurrent goals are to set aside $20.35 to use towards new runners in July (along with my HST credit that month) and saving $6 for mower gas (still have gas for one more week).
    barbis9, macw1960 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Reduced produce finds at Fortinos-$2.49 for 6 lemons (they are thick walled and tend to have many seeds but they are great for lemon juice and some zest) and a bag of small red potatoes, also for $2.49. I have come across a potato and rosemary pizza recipe so the potato find was great timing.
    The lemons were juiced for whatever baking or flavour needs in the next week. I also bought pure almond extract (small bottle is $3.99. I looked at the same size for pure vanilla extract-$7.49 (jaw dropped open)).

Not finding really exciting coupons that I can use. I have a $4 off Jane's chicken strips to use in the future.
    barbis9, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have 2 Janes coupons of 4,00$ to use to but they are not in sale since 3 week.I am hoping for a sale at iga soon because we only have 1 bag of chicken left( was 4 to the beginning).
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hung the clothing out this morning ,then daughter-in-law called and asked if i wanted to go to Burlington with her as she bought a bag for her mom for mother's day off a woman that sells them (they are hand sewn like saundyl made -similar )
    -then we stopped for lunch at a family restarant ,I treated her I had lovely eggs benedict
    -then we popped into the new "treasure hunt" liquidation type store in Burlington
    I got (2) large kindereggs for Ashlyn /Sebastian 1.99 each
    kelloggs protein bars 1.99
    (2) Walmart mainstay face cloths .30 each -gave my daughter-in-law one
    GH &bass ladies socks 2.00
    gap cotton trunks for hubby 3.00 and hanes underwear for me 1.00
    oh and got a xmas gift roll of princess colouring paper 3.20

all in all a good day
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, May 8th, 2018 at 07:07 PM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My doctor’s office called yesterday to cancel my appointment that I had been waiting for since March. It has been rescheduled for June. I was not impressed.

Today I received a couple of calls that I had been waiting for. Dh’s coverage has given pre-approval for a different and expensive migraine treatment. I now have a road trip to Regina to see my neurologist this Saturday. Here’s hoping that it helps. Even with medical coverage, this will be expensive to try but I’m running out of alternatives. Most doctors have given up treating me.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Made the mistake of going to Giant Tiger to exchange something and walked out with two bags. Love the bundle of bananas for $1.68. Wish they had a Bargain Shop (do they still exist?) close by. Need jeans but can't fit into "skinny" ones and I refuse to pay for torn jeans, so Sally Ann and VV later this week. Stopped into McDonald's and it looks like summer drink days has started for $1?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@barbis9 -you'd need a car to find a Bargain Shop-they are in small towns (think cottage country) or in Windsor and Port Colborne (St. Catherines way). http://www.thebargainshop.com/store/53614/

Thanks for the alert about the $1 drink days at McDonald's. I'm waiting to see if the new McDonald's booklet might have a meal offer for one of their new chicken sandwiches.

I went to Harvard Square to check out Farm Boy grocery store. Store seems really small to me-think Denningers on Upper James. Lovely wooden tables in the eating area and signs indicate that there is free wi-fi. However, one endcap has about 5 different bottled maple syrups and a Quebec-made maple syrup cookies treat! I bought a 99c La Croix sparkling water tin (berry flavour) to try-not bad but it's like the sparkling waters by PC or Nestle. Receipt mentions the store app and to sign up for the store newsletter.

Now I'm heading home for supper then a walk to Walmart to see if the item I want is restocked (plus find that Style Book mentioned in the new flyer preview post by @cyn88canada ).

Played $3 Bingo card at Shoppers and did not win anything.
    barbis9, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

People who calculed hv as a fpcand take the price sale not the fpc value and take advantage of you in trading make me sick....that is all I will say tonight.......
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I put a $50 Amazon.ca gift card onto my account today. I earned it through Swagbucks.

Dh took our son to soccer tonight. While there, he learned that the sponsoring Tim Horton’s location will give the kids in uniform a free small milk and timbit...so they had a short coffee break on their way home. I took our twins for a long walk to the high school and back. Whenever I collect bottles in that school parking lot I get a lot. Tonight’s walk resulted in 3 grocery bags full for SARCAN. I figure at least $5 worth.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, May 9th, 2018 at 12:28 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information