User Tag List

Page 205 of 238 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3569
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

there will be no impeachment, why bother when the GOP have a healthy majority in the Senate now to squash any convictions of 45? But!!! with the Dems taking control of the House there WILL be investigations!! And possibly release of 45's tax returns?? And maybe bullet proof protections put in place for the Mueller probe?
    Darth Penguin likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Sessions out as Attorney General

President Donald Trump on Wednesday fired Attorney General Jeff Sessions."At your request I am submitting my resignation," Sessions wrote in a letter to White House chief of staff John Kelly.
    Matthew Whitaker will take over as acting attorney general, the President said.
    Whitaker is expected to take charge of the the Russia investigation and special counsel Robert Mueller from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
    "We are pleased to announce that Matthew G. Whitaker, Chief of Staff to Attorney General Jeff Sessions at the Department of Justice, will become our new Acting Attorney General of the United States. He will serve our Country well ...We thank Attorney General Jeff Sessions for his service, and wish him well! A permanent replacement will be nominated at a later date," Trump tweeted.
    The move is an abrupt end to what had been a tumultuous tenure for Sessions, originally one of Trump's earliest and most loyal surrogates as an Alabama Republican senator. He was a key figure in effectuating Trump's vision for America and significantly rolled back Obama-era policies on immigration, police reform and civil rights.
    walkonby likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    there will be no impeachment, why bother when the GOP have a healthy majority in the Senate now to squash any convictions of 45? But!!! with the Dems taking control of the House there WILL be investigations!! And possibly release of 45's tax returns?? And maybe bullet proof protections put in place for the Mueller probe?
    There are probably sufficient career GOP senators/representatives who will happily vote to impeach the current president IF they feel that their careers are on the line.

Or just as likely once they see his brand of politics has gained them what they want and he becomes too big of an embarrassment. They really don't have any loyalty to him as a man or as a president. They are talking the talk now but I feel it's only skin deep while they feel he's riding high.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i hope she mades a speedy recovery!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/polit...zed/index.html
    Washington (CNN)Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fractured three ribs after falling in her Supreme Court office Wednesday night, the Supreme Court said in a statement.

According to the court, Ginsburg, 85, experienced discomfort after going home following the fall and was admitted to George Washington University Thursday morning for observation and treatment.
    walkonby and Darth Penguin like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    There are probably sufficient career GOP senators/representatives who will happily vote to impeach the current president IF they feel that their careers are on the line.

Or just as likely once they see his brand of politics has gained them what they want and he becomes too big of an embarrassment. They really don't have any loyalty to him as a man or as a president. They are talking the talk now but I feel it's only skin deep while they feel he's riding high.
    I disagree @Darth Penguin ... the GOP Senators ARE now the party of Trump. Which actual Senators in that new found majority they won in the mid term elections do you think has grown a spine? When he becomes " too much of an embarrassment "? I think he WAS that from the start yet every one of them brushed away all the tweets, the cozy-ing up to Putin and Kim Jung Il, ..." that is just the way he talks " many said, or " he is a counter puncher ".
    I'll hope that some of them change but I cannot see it happening.
    That is why I think impeachment is a fools game for the Dems to go forward with. Now IF they had the Senate Majority then full steam ahead, but not now.
    Lynn49 and Darth Penguin like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    i hope she mades a speedy recovery!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/polit...zed/index.html
    Washington (CNN)Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fractured three ribs after falling in her Supreme Court office Wednesday night, the Supreme Court said in a statement.

According to the court, Ginsburg, 85, experienced discomfort after going home following the fall and was admitted to George Washington University Thursday morning for observation and treatment.
    she's out of hospital and "working from home".
    please please please don't retire or .......
    please outlast djt!
    Poirot and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i'll just leave this here

'The perfect gift': Company gives employees guns for Christmas

https://www.wisn.com/article/the-perfect-gift-wisconsin-company-gifts-employees-guns-for-christmas/25052389

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

then this...

'Daddy, I'm hurt': 6-year-old girl shot while family waits at McDonald's drive-thru

https://www.wesh.com/article/daddy-i...-thru/25080680

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i'll just leave this here

'The perfect gift': Company gives employees guns for Christmas

https://www.wisn.com/article/the-per...stmas/25052389
    then this...

'Daddy, I'm hurt': 6-year-old girl shot while family waits at McDonald's drive-thru

https://www.wesh.com/article/daddy-i...-thru/25080680
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So after four years of war, THIS gets the attention of the world - finally

Tension escalates after Russia seizes Ukraine naval ships

Russia has fired on and seized three Ukrainian naval vessels off the Crimean Peninsula in a major escalation of tensions between the two countries.
    Two gunboats and a tug were captured by Russian forces. A number of Ukrainian crew members were injured.
    Each country blames the other for the incident. On Monday Ukrainian MPs are due to vote on declaring martial law.
    The crisis began when Russia accused the Ukrainian ships of illegally entering its waters.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europ...LLVbhodrkc58BU
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Canada Post back-to-work legislation passed, comes into effect on Tuesday

https://globalnews.ca/news/4701352/c...passed-senate/

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Canada Post back-to-work legislation passed, comes into effect on Tuesday

https://globalnews.ca/news/4701352/c...passed-senate/
    A lot of good that did! Now other unions are blocking cp trucks! Seems they think they're now bigger than our government. I guess it's ok to hold the entire country hostage, and at this time of the year, that's inexcusable. It's all fine to hang out, blocking trucks in Vancouver while they can still make Christmas happen for their children, but who cares about our citizens in remote areas who count on cp to do the same for their families!! A simple haitus during December would have been such a caring, generous gesture. But no. Everyone else can go to ☆ell! Yes. I know they have legitimate reason to strike, and I would have supported them. Would have.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Nov 29th, 2018 at 09:43 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

George H.W. Bush, 41st president of the United States, dies at 94

George H.W. Bush, the 41st president of the United States and the father of the 43rd, was a steadfast force on the international stage for decades, from his stint as an envoy to Beijing to his eight years as vice president and his one term as commander in chief from 1989 to 1993.

The last veteran of World War II to serve as president, he was a consummate public servant and a statesman who helped guide the nation and the world out of a four-decade Cold War that had carried the threat of nuclear annihilation.

His death, at 94 on Nov. 30 also marked the passing of an era.

His death was announced in a tweet by Jim McGrath, his spokesman. The cause of his death was not immediately available. In 2012, he announced that he had vascular Parkinsonism, a condition that limited his mobility.

His wife of 73 years, Barbara Bush, died on April 17.

- extensive biography here

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.957b54634765

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

RIP President Bush.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Page 205 of 238 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 ... LastLast

Thread Information