User Tag List

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: January 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (New Year, new calendars)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Happy days! I am hopefully getting my couponing techniques out there into the world come this February. I will be running a couponing seminar with Gateway Niagara (An organization that helps individuals with mental health issues by providing housing). So I will be visiting their main location (Welland) and teaching some of the individuals there a little bit about how to coupon. Hopefully it might lead to something in the future, or even just teaching more sessions with Gateway.
    That's exciting news! How about reaching out to your student union or the club that runs money events to have you do a common hour event?
    Giseledta, Angela273 and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Oh @sassy Ashley how horrid an experience in the clinic that you received. Topped off with phone information not possible to know without the verbal lashing the reception person gave you. As if a clinic that is busy would call someone who left a message ever esp. on a snowy day. Think you need to send a word to the top of the clinic personally by letter to comment on the situation.
    You were right to insist on getting care, not a lecture. And don't forget to add in her claims about the message system could not be possible as you know the line cuts out after their message.
    Hope you were able to get seen by someone at the clinic. And have lots of tea later at home. Hugs.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Friday seemed mild, so a long trek was in order.
    $1.40 in container finds, a penny in a parking lot and 25 cents in a grocery cart (from one of three abandoned at bus stops kitty-corner to the food store lot-I returned all three to the corral). Noticed a new public garbage bin on the south side of Rymal Rd E. at a bus stop where regulars always dropped their takeout beverage cups on the ground-now mostly in the bin. Hurrah!
    Popped into Talize for the buy 2 get 3rd free event-got small things $1.99 or less. Freebie was 99 cent mini French coin purse. But I could not collect Talize points on the deal. Yes the sale works on multiples of three too. Offer ends on Sunday at 6pm.

Went to Harvey's for chocolate marshmallow pies (2 for $1.99 plus GST) for warming up from the powder snow and wind that whipped up mostly as I got near Upper James St. Picked up free papers and the Denningers flyer next door then had a quick look at the clearance shoe store. Back to the bank to deposit some coins then had a happy visit at Turner Park library.
    Also got some snacks at Rexall for the walk home. In town, I got 80 cents from containers found then did an extended walk west for cans (given that today's forecast is for snow).

SCENE members celebrating National Popcorn Day, don't forget @Shwa Girl 's post about the popcorn freebie today!
    I will put the home air popper to use later this afternoon and enjoy popcorn along with you.

Seems that Well.ca finally sent an order update (late last night) that my order is shipped. Guess that means Monday I'll find the notification as nothing has shown up today and the Hamilton public libraries are closing as of 2pm (earlier closures happened in Stoney Creek and Binbrook (about to close at 1:30pm) due to the snow flurries.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'll wait until Monday to see if Value Village has items of interest to me for the 50% off clothing sale unless the weather is better tomorrow.
    Snow needs shovelling when I get home. I plan to have tea first with lots of sweetener before I pick up a shovel. Don't know if sibling has pulled out the snowblower yet.
    Not sure what lunch and dinner plans are-I've used up most of my vegetables on hand (roasted in oven in past couple of days). Maybe something with pasta (been a week without eating any pasta-a record for me).

Mom's been good with keeping most of the dishes washed at home but if I notice her napping or relaxing in front of a tv, I just wash them without saying much. Better a tidy kitchen without words than an argument that does not change anything. Most days, I try to share something interesting I've learned online or bring reading material to keep her diverted. It's not a fun thing to be mostly stuck indoors with Dad. Cannot wait for the bed pads to arrive--I want less trash to lug each week as no one else seems keen to lug garbage and recycling and green bin to the curb.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

SassyAshly- many hugs. that is just wrong. i am so sorry that happened. i hope your finger is ok.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you everyone, I did not get my finger looked at as no other walk ins, in town were open.

I called Mom when I left as I was so upset and she works in the same town as hospital and it had started to snow there and was getting slick so she told me to go home and wait for her and if need be she would take me to the ER.

Mom has come home look at my cut, it is quite a good cut but we were able to clean it and it has not re opened or bleed. After inspecting it she said it is not deep enough for stitches, which is all I wanted from the Walk in doctor. I have never had stitches so I was trying to figure it out based on google.

Only thing is I bought some skin seal band aids since it is on my finger but they are too big. Might see if Mom can pick up smaller ones Monday as I highly doubt I will leave the house tomorrow.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@SassyAshley so sorry about your ordeal at the walking clinic. You need to complain about the person that was so rude to you. I think she is on the wrong ki d of work where was her Caring side. I am glad your mom came home and take care of it . Hope you are not in too much pain.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    That's exciting news! How about reaching out to your student union or the club that runs money events to have you do a common hour event?
    I have started a little bit of reaching out at Brock. I've been in touch with @Big Pink who works here in the From Intention to Action Center at Brock about running some couponing seminars for students. I could also reach out to the Food First Program coordinator as well as BUSU (Student Union) directly to see if the people I know would be interested in bringing something like this into the university

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We arrived safely home yesterday afternoon. It was a tiring trip home. We will be contacting Sunwing this week to try to get this resort removed from their list. At most we would give the resort a 2 star rating. We booked a 4 star holiday and read a variety of positive reviews. We were not the only people who said they wouldn’t plan on coming back. We had 2 adjoining rooms, which worked well for our family. The service throughout the resort was quite good, but the resort needs work. Many people told us that they had stayed at the exact same resort years ago, but it had gone downhill since then (in the last 5yrs). We heard that Mexico had bought it, but stopped maintaining it after they took over.

Half the time we did not having flushing toilets or hot water. Two times we had absolutely no running water in our rooms. There were no face clothes or plugs for our bathroom sinks. I had to improvise something to plug the sink in order to hand wash my medical compression stockings. Dh paid the maid a fair bit of money to try to make sure we would have toilet paper in our bathrooms. The public bathrooms on the resort smelled like an outhouse. You never knew if there would be toilet paper, hand soap, or paper towel.

We were quite disappointed in the food. They ran out of buns, bread, butter, jam, etc. We were very disappointed with 2 of the 3 a la carte suppers that we booked. The service at the a la carte suppers was much worse than anywhere else in the resort. Very limited menus, then we were told that 1/3 of the options were unavailable. Sanctions against Cuba were causing a flour shortage, which limited the fresh buns and bread. It also meant we couldn’t get pizza at the Italian a la carte. I’d never heard of “Gordon Blue” before, lol, but it was good cordon blue at the Romantic a la carte supper. They had a nice fruit pie that twin boy stole from me that night. I ordered pork at the Cuban a la carte supper, one piece was 1/2 raw and other pieces was cooked until crunchy on the outside. The portions were very small and we eventually left hungry. The girl’s bathroom there had doors on 2 of 4 stalls and no toilet paper in any of them. We actually stole some toilet paper from the men’s room and put one roll in the women’s room.

On the plus side, the weather was great most days. We were glad we packed life jackets for our kids. We took them out in a paddle boat two days in a row. They each took turns steering. We collected sea shells at the beach and tried building a sand castle. We brought sea shells home with us in little Ziploc sandwich bags.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jan 20th, 2019 at 11:15 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to Sobeys last night to get some basics. I used $8 in coupons on Johnsonville sausages. I redeemed $40 in AM and paid the remaining amount with my gift card. NF has some nice fruit on sale. I’m hoping they have grapes and Driscoll’s strawberries in stock. I’ll go there sometime soon.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am so sorry your trip was less then expected. . i will say Gordon Blue is a new to me term.....

ok. snow removal is done. back is sore. made homemade egg mc muffins. resting for a bit.. then will do laundry, tidy the kitchen.... and put away a bit of Christmas stuff.
    after that .. i am just relaxing. i may work on some coupon stuff... hmmmm. or find a movie... anyone know a good movie...
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Angela273 I am very sorry that your trip was not what you expected and the resort was not up to par .I have never went to Cuba.uf you don't mind whats the name of the resort. My DH and I are planning to got Cuba for our 30th Anniversary. TIA

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Angela273 I am very sorry that your trip was not what you expected and the resort was not up to par .I have never went to Cuba.uf you don't mind whats the name of the resort. My DH and I are planning to got Cuba for our 30th Anniversary. TIA
    Memories Holguin
    It’s a resort on the beach. Some people quickly contacted their travel agents and left the resort within a day. More cost, but it looked like they could afford it.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-sorry your resort was not up to standard. I have never been to Cuba but I know when my brother went he said he was not impressed with the food( I assume it was an all inclusive place he stayed too). I am glad though that you had good weather and that the children enjoyed the beach and the ocean. Glad you are back safely and have a day to catch your breath before the work week.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela sorry to hear about your trip. I have never been to Cuba but many family members have and all have commented on how bad the food was.

As well my brothers and Opa went at the same time but stayed at 2 different 4 star resorts Opa and his group loved it and the boys said they would never go back.

From the reviews I have heard Cuba in general seems to be hit and miss and I have even heard some people say they go to a resort 1 time and love it, the next time same resort and the service and food is not up to par.
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information