User Tag List

Page 636 of 654 FirstFirst ... 136 536 586 626 634 635 636 637 638 646 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,540 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    so JUST great!
    Rufus, our sweet 15 yr. old Shih Tzu has LYME Disease! His blood was drawn yesterday at his annual exam as the vet was concerned over him losing 3 lbs in a year. ( the wee guy weighs just 15 lbs now )
    Vet gave us the results this morning.....I was shocked at the blood results because neither of our pooches gets walked in grassy areas going out back instead and that area is ALL deck??

Anyhow, can't change it now, he will have to take these antibiotics for 30 days. Blood work shows he is also anemic, so now a Multi Vitamin will be added alongside his " old man " arthritic meds.
    Poor bugger!

I had NO IDEA there was a Lyme disease vaccine, nor did I realize our area is a hot zone for Lyme cases.
    Brought our other Shih Tzu in this morning for a his blood test to check if he has it too, even though he is a very sturdy ( healthy ) 22 lbs. and had no other signs of illness/weakness.
    If his test shows up negative I am getting him the Lyme vaccine.

Next month Hamlet ( one of the 2 cats ) goes under to have a bad tooth extracted....yikes!!
    I am singing a song right now......" money money money money ........Money!
    No other lyrics....just those. ha ha
    @walkonby so sorry about Rufus . I am happy that he can get treatment . I am keeping my fingers crossed cross that your other Fur baby does not have it and I know what you mean about the money money money song

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I finally needed to use my PC points to pay for my groceries. So I get to the cash, and ask to use my points, only to find out their system was down (offline). So, I pay with my PC MC. $50 bucks I didn't want to spend 😕 But it gets worse..the No Frills didn't have everything I needed, so I went to a local Your Independent Grocery and asked if they were online before buying some more food. They were, and I got to use $20 of my PC points. When I looked at my receipt, I was missing the $50 from the first transaction. I checked the first receipt and it clearly showed no points removed and that my credit card was charged. My online account does not show them being used--they were just gone....I had to 'chat' online with an agent, (wait and wait),and thank goodness I had kept my receipt and paid with a PC MC, because the agent said if I had paid cash it would have been a long process to get this fixed. I did get my $50 back and now have another missing points request in for the points I did not get on my purchases. I know it is a free program and I hate to whine, but I have had an issue with at least half of my PC purchases in the last 6 months. And having points go 'missing', when I really needed to use them....just depressing. It will be more depressing when I get the credit card bill.Anyway, heads up if you try to use points...make sure to check the balance on your account online!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    I finally needed to use my PC points to pay for my groceries. So I get to the cash, and ask to use my points, only to find out their system was down (offline). So, I pay with my PC MC. $50 bucks I didn't want to spend  But it gets worse..the No Frills didn't have everything I needed, so I went to a local Your Independent Grocery and asked if they were online before buying some more food. They were, and I got to use $20 of my PC points. When I looked at my receipt, I was missing the $50 from the first transaction. I checked the first receipt and it clearly showed no points removed and that my credit card was charged. My online account does not show them being used--they were just gone....I had to 'chat' online with an agent, (wait and wait),and thank goodness I had kept my receipt and paid with a PC MC, because the agent said if I had paid cash it would have been a long process to get this fixed. I did get my $50 back and now have another missing points request in for the points I did not get on my purchases. I know it is a free program and I hate to whine, but I have had an issue with at least half of my PC purchases in the last 6 months. And having points go 'missing', when I really needed to use them....just depressing. It will be more depressing when I get the credit card bill.Anyway, heads up if you try to use points...make sure to check the balance on your account online!
    wow. Nope, you are not whining-->their points system should work better!
    barbis9, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Giant Tiger has started to use multiple item pricing, gah so not happy about this.

2nd rant - it's Daylight Saving Time, not Savings.
    barbis9, Ciel, Poirot and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    wow. Nope, you are not whining-->their points system should work better!
    I agree 100%. I too would be very mad if I accumulated Optium points and than they were gone.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I finally needed to use my PC points to pay for my groceries. So I get to the cash, and ask to use my points, only to find out their system was down (offline). So, I pay with my PC MC. $50 bucks I didn't want to spend  But it gets worse..the No Frills didn't have everything I needed, so I went to a local Your Independent Grocery and asked if they were online before buying some more food. They were, and I got to use $20 of my PC points. When I looked at my receipt, I was missing the $50 from the first transaction. I checked the first receipt and it clearly showed no points removed and that my credit card was charged. My online account does not show them being used--they were just gone....I had to 'chat' online with an agent, (wait and wait),and thank goodness I had kept my receipt and paid with a PC MC, because the agent said if I had paid cash it would have been a long process to get this fixed. I did get my $50 back and now have another missing points request in for the points I did not get on my purchases. I know it is a free program and I hate to whine, but I have had an issue with at least half of my PC purchases in the last 6 months. And having points go 'missing', when I really needed to use them....just depressing. It will be more depressing when I get the credit card bill.Anyway, heads up if you try to use points...make sure to check the balance on your account online!
    thanks for the tip about points. I will start keeping all of my optimum receipts. I don't blame you for being annoyed.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Went to SDM yesterday, specifically to pick up the Turbo Tax program. I had a 20X points offer if you spent over $50. DH and I picked up a few other things that we didn't need, found the tax program, and waited in line only to be told that they couldn't sell the program to me because it belongs to the post office inventory. Well, the frickin' post office was closed. Could they not have taken the tax program behind the counter while they were closed? We just left everything at the cash and walked out. I've about had it with SDM. It's a rare day when I set foot inside one anymore.
    Ciel, walkonby and Linda Evans like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Went to SDM yesterday, specifically to pick up the Turbo Tax program. I had a 20X points offer if you spent over $50. DH and I picked up a few other things that we didn't need, found the tax program, and waited in line only to be told that they couldn't sell the program to me because it belongs to the post office inventory. Well, the frickin' post office was closed. Could they not have taken the tax program behind the counter while they were closed? We just left everything at the cash and walked out. I've about had it with SDM. It's a rare day when I set foot inside one anymore.
    Count this as a blessing.... My suggestion is to save your 20 bucks and go get StudioTax instead. It's a free download, and wont cost you a dime to use, nor to file. You can do up to 20 returns on it (should be way more than you need) and you can netfile simply enough. I've been using it for as long as I can remember and it always works just as well as any of the paid ones ever did.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Mon, Mar 18th, 2019 at 10:29 PM.
    Ciel, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Glad you pointed out the inventory matter. At my local Shoppers, the boxes are next to the newspapers by the checkout lane, very far from the post office in the store! And the post office closes well before the store does, so I can understand your frustration that the store did not post the limitation regarding the tax software.
    If you are a CIBC customer, the online banking site mentions a discount for buying Turbo Tax (20% off) online.
    https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offe...-discount.html
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just when you think the storm is past and the sun is shining, that one stupid dark cloud always has to come back and make things black again
    Ciel likes this.

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Never mind.
    Last edited by rock lobster; Mon, Mar 25th, 2019 at 05:27 AM.
    Ciel likes this.
    @
    ;

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

When I looked over the tax returns prepared by a professional for family members and spot some errors...
    Given the rate per return, the money could have covered a month's worth of utilities and phone service.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I love this site, but lately the number of spam messages are getting annoying. Please, please report the suspected spammers...use the little triangle on the bottom left corner of the message....Three reports are required for spam to be taken care of. Help keep this site going spamfree.
    couponlady, Tweets77, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I love this site, but lately the number of spam messages are getting annoying. Please, please report the suspected spammers...use the little triangle on the bottom left corner of the message....Three reports are required for spam to be taken care of. Help keep this site going spamfree.
    Pm-ing @couponlady works wonders.
    couponlady, Tweets77 and Ciel like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

DEALERSHIPS!!!!! and their constant up-selling!
    Tweets77, Ciel and Frugalbigmama like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 636 of 654 FirstFirst ... 136 536 586 626 634 635 636 637 638 646 ... LastLast

Thread Information